0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

single player-ish experience?

I was interested if anyone here had a recommendation for a repack or a server that was more centered on solo play. Something where if I levelled up long enough I could conceivably take on raids by myself, be able to buy normally unobtainable items for quests from a custom vendor or simulated auction house, maybe tweaks to make combat faster and more fun, stuff like that. Vanilla WoW isn't really designed for this, but I was hoping maybe someone's already tweaked the game enough to be more what I'm looking for.

EDIT: I should mention that I'm primarily interested in one for WOTLK, but I'll take what I can get.
    Last edited by tetris42; 10-07-2012 at 04:44 PM.

single player-ish experience?
    piccolodmq's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know close to zero, about wow emulation... i have my own server, that i know how to compile, and added custom scripts i if here an there... but ill try to help you. In the World.config file (assuming you are using trinity core), there is part where you can edit, the npcs stat, spell damage, and hp. I used to play with a friend, and i level all the elites on the game (hp,damage, and spell damage) to around 30% and we could do most intances, by ourselves (druid and warrior). and we even got around 3 bosses in ICC with those settings. I assume that you could take their level down to 15% or something like it (only elites... because normal enemis by 15% you would kill them on one hit... and thats not fun).

in 30% to 40% we had fun and was actually challenging to do intances, and raids... so I guess you could do something like this just editing your world.config file to your desires.

hopes this helps you

Teryaki's Avatar Legendary Explorer CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    103/82
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My only suggestion is to go into the database (Navicat, HediSQL, etc) and take a percentage of the npc's health, damage, armor, etc by a number that you see fit to be able to solo instances and raids. You might need to tweak spells as well, so you would have to compile your own core and go into the scripts and change the boss's spell table to something more suitable for soloing. You will have to do this in the database as well. For these types of fun servers I would suggest using ArcEmu for 3.3.5a, but TC2 or Mangos might work as well, it is just a little more different and difficult to make changes like that.

I hope this made sense and helped. I am not a big emulation guy myself, but I started making one of these "Solo" servers just for fun and ended up actually going into more of the Model Editing side, making new continents and stuff like that. What I said above seemed to work, it gets more difficult when you start getting into the higher end instances though, since their spells are more powerful than the Vanilla instances for example. I stopped making my server and ended up deleting it in the process of reformatting my computer, so I can't really give you a link or a head start on it. I think I got the instances up to Ramparts done and added gear and such. Making custom gear is another thing I would suggest too, not too powerful but enough to make the instance soloable with a challenge.

Teryaki
    My Exploration Channel: Teryaki's Channel
    Teryaki#1806

turtleswin's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Google.com Any trinitycore will work to be honest.