0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trinity and Custom items

ok so. i've been wondering if there's a possibility to make Custom items you add to Trinity's DB Enchantable? like if there's some sort of script or add-on i can use for my server to make Custom Items Enchant-able and right-click able to equipt, now i don't mean a "Patch" that just shows the real icon of the item, but making the item useable like any other normal items?

+rep for help

Trinity and Custom items
    Facerolling's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to modify the item.dbc if you want the weapons to be enchantable and be able to be used for special attacks.

If you are not confident with dbc editing a must more simple solution is to modify a pre-existing weapon (Worn Shortsword for example) to your custom weapon, the bag icon will still be the worn shortsword, but the world model it uses will be the one you selected.

It will also be able to be used for special attacks.
    hey ervyone whats up gamboys

kimmern's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Facerolling View Post
    You need to modify the item.dbc if you want the weapons to be enchantable and be able to be used for special attacks.

If you are not confident with dbc editing a must more simple solution is to modify a pre-existing weapon (Worn Shortsword for example) to your custom weapon, the bag icon will still be the worn shortsword, but the world model it uses will be the one you selected.

It will also be able to be used for special attacks.
    What do you mean by modifying item.dbc, is there any guides for that or something in that direction?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.mmowned.com/forums/world-...-properly.html
    Zoho Sheet - Online Spreadsheets

These ones show you the currently unused items in the dbcs currently, just change and ID that corresponds to the type of item you're making.

I cannot currently find a tutorial for the other method (the actual dbc editing) and I am about to go out, however if you wish to make your own IDs have the weapon tag in the item.dbc, I can find it later.

kimmern's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    allrighty, thanks

edit: link there doesn't work.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And the second one too?

kimmern's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, could you maybe edit the item.dbc file for me?
    im trying to change Thunderfury's ID (30606) in the item.dbc to Frostmourne's ID (46609)
    i'll upload the file from my folder if you know how to do it?

edit:
    cuz i replaced thunderfury with a custom version of Frostmourne, but it doesnt show the ID of frostmourne even tho i set that as display, so i need to edit it in the item.dbc file

EDIT: ok i found this -> http:// www . ac - web . org / forums / showthread.php?t=108314
    i tryed it, and, when i convert the .dbc file to a .csv it gets reduced from 1.40mb to 1.20mb, and when im done editing, everything's ok, i save the file, convert it back to a .dbc file, and tryed replacing (after i took backup of original) and my worldserver.exe just crashes, doesn't start up completely, like it stops at loading items...... then crashes.

another edit:
    ok, sorry i missread the thread i found, lmao, it's all working now and my thunderfury is a Frostmourne now
    Last edited by kimmern; 03-06-2011 at 05:45 AM.

4BOLTMAIN's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The dbc file doesnt need to be edited. Just enter this into your database, change the stats to what you want and the visual will work fine.

Code:
    INSERT INTO `item_template` (`entry`, `class`, `subclass`, `unk0`, `name`, `displayid`, `Quality`, `Flags`, `FlagsExtra`, `BuyCount`, `BuyPrice`, `SellPrice`, `InventoryType`, `AllowableClass`, `AllowableRace`, `ItemLevel`, `RequiredLevel`, `RequiredSkill`, `RequiredSkillRank`, `requiredspell`, `requiredhonorrank`, `RequiredCityRank`, `RequiredReputationFaction`, `RequiredReputationRank`, `maxcount`, `stackable`, `ContainerSlots`, `StatsCount`, `stat_type1`, `stat_value1`, `stat_type2`, `stat_value2`, `stat_type3`, `stat_value3`, `stat_type4`, `stat_value4`, `stat_type5`, `stat_value5`, `stat_type6`, `stat_value6`, `stat_type7`, `stat_value7`, `stat_type8`, `stat_value8`, `stat_type9`, `stat_value9`, `stat_type10`, `stat_value10`, `ScalingStatDistribution`, `ScalingStatValue`, `dmg_min1`, `dmg_max1`, `dmg_type1`, `dmg_min2`, `dmg_max2`, `dmg_type2`, `armor`, `holy_res`, `fire_res`, `nature_res`, `frost_res`, `shadow_res`, `arcane_res`, `delay`, `ammo_type`, `RangedModRange`, `spellid_1`, `spelltrigger_1`, `spellcharges_1`, `spellppmRate_1`, `spellcooldown_1`, `spellcategory_1`, `spellcategorycooldown_1`, `spellid_2`, `spelltrigger_2`, `spellcharges_2`, `spellppmRate_2`, `spellcooldown_2`, `spellcategory_2`, `spellcategorycooldown_2`, `spellid_3`, `spelltrigger_3`, `spellcharges_3`, `spellppmRate_3`, `spellcooldown_3`, `spellcategory_3`, `spellcategorycooldown_3`, `spellid_4`, `spelltrigger_4`, `spellcharges_4`, `spellppmRate_4`, `spellcooldown_4`, `spellcategory_4`, `spellcategorycooldown_4`, `spellid_5`, `spelltrigger_5`, `spellcharges_5`, `spellppmRate_5`, `spellcooldown_5`, `spellcategory_5`, `spellcategorycooldown_5`, `bonding`, `description`, `PageText`, `LanguageID`, `PageMaterial`, `startquest`, `lockid`, `Material`, `sheath`, `RandomProperty`, `RandomSuffix`, `block`, `itemset`, `MaxDurability`, `area`, `Map`, `BagFamily`, `TotemCategory`, `socketColor_1`, `socketContent_1`, `socketColor_2`, `socketContent_2`, `socketColor_3`, `socketContent_3`, `socketBonus`, `GemProperties`, `RequiredDisenchantSkill`, `ArmorDamageModifier`, `Duration`, `ItemLimitCategory`, `HolidayId`, `ScriptName`, `DisenchantID`, `FoodType`, `minMoneyLoot`, `maxMoneyLoot`, `WDBVerified`) VALUES (33350, 2, 8, -1, 'Frostmourne', 46609, 5, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 17, -1, -1, 298, 80, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 10, 4, 1680, 7, 1680, 35, 720, 38, 720, 32, 720, 36, 720, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 12840, 14720, 0, 0, 0, 0, 8460, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1800, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, -1, 0, -1, 0, 0, 0, 0, -1, 0, -1, 0, 0, 0, 0, -1, 0, -1, 0, 0, 0, 0, -1, 0, -1, 0, 0, 0, 0, -1, 0, -1, 1, '', 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 0, 0, 1420, 0, 400, 0, 0, 0, 0, 2, 0, 2, 0, 2, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, '', 0, 0, 0, 0, -4);
    EDIT... sorry I didnt read all of the post but feel free to use this without changing any items. This item id# is unused and the visual works.
    Last edited by 4BOLTMAIN; 03-06-2011 at 05:52 AM.

dkcarr13's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi guys i have an issue with my server it is a mosnter repack 4.1.0 but for some reason i cannot add custom items or anthing as i keep getting an error saying dmg_min1 error i have tried trinty on wow-v and same error so i am lost my website is Bloodline Repack - Account registration and i am looking for help it is a new server and need a dev or anyone with experience with cata that can help me would be so greatfull ty guys.