Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are there any cataclysm blizzlike servers out yet?

Hey guys, it's been a very very long time since i've posted, anyway, I was wondering if there are any actual wow blizzlike cataclysm servers out yet, as in with the retail version, because right now I can't play on the retail because I havn't bought cataclysm, so I have no CD key, but I did pre-load it via the launcher. Anyway, let me know guys, it would be really helpful!

EDIT: and by a long time, I mean since we still used ascent and antrix.
    Last edited by stoneharry; 01-05-2011 at 10:54 AM.

Are there any cataclysm blizzlike servers out yet?
    Sleighyah's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There isn't even a proper Cataclysm server emulator out yet. The only Cataclysm 'servers' are just version hacks as far as I know excluding one or two which use magnets.

Basically, Cataclysm servers are going to be difficult to say the least. I started working on it a while back, when Cata was first released.

One of the primary issues is that the game client utilizes streamed data a lot more than previous expansions. For a private server to support the bandwidth usage of even a couple of hundred players constantly streaming data, the bills would be thousands of dollars. For this to work, clients would need modifications to support streaming of data from the player's hard drive instead of the server.

Second issue is opcodes. While the word means nothing to you, it means a huge amount to us who work on the core, and work on reversing the client. The opcodes are, in layman's terms, a way of authenticating the client behind the login and password, to make sure a legit client is connecting to a legit server. As of Cataclysm, they're randomized and we're having great difficulty breaking this randomization.

Facerolling's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are actually two forks of Trinitycore attempting to provide cataclysm support. One can be found in "General Releases" of this website, and another is CactusEmu, found here -CactusEMU • Index page

It is only streamed if you have not completely downloaded the client including optional updates, and I assume it will just crash instead of attempting to download from the private server.

There is also a sniffer and a parser that work as of 4.0.3 on CactusEmu's forums.

As for blizzlike cataclysm servers, the current cata servers are far too bug-ridden to be playable so far. as the problems explained by Sleighyah are clear, it is like having to rewrite the core from scratch, and make major changed every time even a small patch is released.
    hey ervyone whats up gamboys

Adrolak2's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't remember there being so much trouble for wotlk, or BC, there was probably this much trouble for the original vanilla private servers, because there's so much content and a lot of it is being replaced.

Sleighyah's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you read my post, I did mention Blizzards use of random opcodes, and the use of client streaming. That's what's causing so much trouble.

Adrolak2's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ahh yeah, I know >.> sorry about that, haha

Adrolak2's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So have we made any progress so far?

stoneharry's Avatar Moderator Harry

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    151/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a milestone that needs to be broken. At the moment there are not many people even attempting it, and those that are often have little programming knowledge (hence the rubbish 4.x servers with hackfixes left right and centre).

Once one project fixes a feature properly, everyone else knows how to do it and we get faster progress. When the group who fixed the original problem can't fix another, another group will find a way. Just need to wait for the real programmers to work on 4.x.

It's not a simple task, it's the same with each expansion really. The only reason we got such a fast 3.x out last time is because Mangos went straight into emulating it from the beta.

VisecGaming's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Adrolak2 View Post
    So have we made any progress so far?
    As far as im seeing no, as Sleighyah has said "Random Opcodes" and another "bugged" I would say it would be bugged, I have played the retail with the Cataclysym trial and the Wargen starting zone would need MAJOR support and codes to make it work in private servers and I think Blizzard is soon going to see that using random opcodes slow down the creation of new private server and maybe soon find and take down all the downloads linked to the WoW installer connected to 3.3.5 except for the ones on Pirate Bay. with this, there is less chance of new people finding private servers and if Blizzard see's this opportunity to kill off any new people then private servers will begin to empty out with people installing the patches and trying to get back, The way I see it, its only a matter of time till Blizzard finds the core that makes private servers work and destroy it for good.
    Last edited by VisecGaming; 01-24-2011 at 05:26 AM.

predattak's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by stoneharry View Post
    The only reason we got such a fast 3.x out last time is because Mangos went straight into emulating it from the beta.
    Agreed the wotlk beta servers were 10x better than any of cataclysm emulators that are out now
    Homosexuals are gay

falkris's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found ice wow ..which is 1.5 rate XP ..Everything else is blizzlike ..No custom inventory