0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which servers can handle 5-20k users?

Sorry to ask so abruptly but I am new to this. I heard some servers can handle so much people and wanted to know which are so stable that they can handle thousands of users at the same time.

I want to make a blizz like server.

Which servers can handle 5-20k users?
    SupernovaHH's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any core could HANDLE that many people, however, that many people on a server requires a server PC that would be able to handle that many connections

Frostic's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmm

it depends on what your mysql config will allow.

look up how to setup mysql for large servers then have a server pc that has fast enough internet and set the limit in the configs to higher

yayfreebies's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I'm planning on leasing out my own dedicated server, so I should have 300 GB of disk space and about 1000 GB bandwidth to play around with. Is that enough?

stoneharry's Avatar Moderator Harry

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    151/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    None of the emulators could handle that many players, it would crash often and if you were that popular you would have players intentionally trying to crash it (which isn't that hard!). You will need to hire core devs to work on fix each time the core crashes until it is no longer crashing, that's the best way to do it.

Although I doubt your server, no offence, will ever get more than 100 players. Thousands of servers start up each week, and there's only a hand full that make it to the top.

edit: Also don't buy a really expensive dedicated server when you only need a real cheap one to begin with. Start cheap and buy more expensive ones as you need them, no need to waste loads of money.

ReppzYouTube's Avatar Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    1/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by stoneharry View Post
    None of the emulators could handle that many players, it would crash often and if you were that popular you would have players intentionally trying to crash it (which isn't that hard!). You will need to hire core devs to work on fix each time the core crashes until it is no longer crashing, that's the best way to do it.

Although I doubt your server, no offence, will ever get more than 100 players. Thousands of servers start up each week, and there's only a hand full that make it to the top.

edit: Also don't buy a really expensive dedicated server when you only need a real cheap one to begin with. Start cheap and buy more expensive ones as you need them, no need to waste loads of money.
    True talk also this broadband width has been bugging me too.
    https://www.youtube.com/reppzgaming
    Best place on the web for Rogue PvP.

ramble's Avatar Knight-Lieutenant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by stoneharry View Post

mhm true,

(filler)

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the server that i'm talking about is actually fairly cheap, so no problem there

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OKAY after doing my own research, I've learned that Aspire/ArcEmu can handle up to 5k users but is less stable than mangos/trinity, therefore I am going with that as my choice for my private server.

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    151/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by yayfreebies View Post
    OKAY after doing my own research, I've learned that Aspire/ArcEmu can handle up to 5k users but is less stable than mangos/trinity, therefore I am going with that as my choice for my private server.
    I beg you to reconsider your decision.

Aspire is a dead project, Andy who was the main dev of it now developers for ArcEmu for a start. But ArcEmu is lacking in everything when it comes to blizzlike content, it's so far behind in relation to Trinity which dominates when it comes to how blizzlike it is. It's more stable, has more game mechanics, has more content, has more working, ArcEmu has literally nothing better when it comes to blizzlike apart from a lightweight scripting language for fast development (which nobody makes use off!).

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you.

My brother who is going to help me run the server also went with Trinity as it is more stable and has more blizz like content. But I'm not too sure as the number of people it can handle seems to be very low.

At some point, I will have to hire a professional developer to do some work on it.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My question is DO I have to hire a professional dev just so my Trinity private server can handle more people?

Elidan0's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you shouldn't have that question, because you shouldn't be expecting such great fame for your server, especially a Blizzlike one, out of all the server types out there blizzlike is the least popular, consider yourself succesfull if you even have 20 players on at a time.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    meh, I know I'll have more than 20

by the law of averages alone, I should have somewhere around 100-200 to begin wtih

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    151/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by yayfreebies View Post
    meh, I know I'll have more than 20

by the law of averages alone, I should have somewhere around 100-200 to begin wtih
    You won't, emulation doesn't work like that. :/ But yeah, if you want to get your core working with tons of players then you will need to get some developers in.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast