Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Linux openSSL or other problem? [stuck at connected]

Hi everybody!

I'm new to Linux, especially Debian, but I'm not new to server emulation.

I worked with mangos before on windows, but never on Linux. Anyway, I got my server up on Debian and everything is working ok, but there is a little problem. If I want to connect to the server from an another computer, it always stucks at the "connected" part of login. I searched everything, my config files are good, the realmd realmlist in the database is good. Everythings seems to be ok, the realmd server accepting connections, I can see the ip when it's accepting the connection from the client.

BUT!

There is one more thing ... when the realmd starts up, there is a warning about my openssl version is too old and I need to update, because the minimum version to run the realmd normally is 0.9.8k. Debian got this version: OpenSSL 0.9.8g 19 Oct 2007, when i type the openssl version command. Anyway, I searched the internet, I tried to update the openssl, I did everything, but nothing helped, my openssl version still the same. I asked it in the mangos forum, I followed guides, but nothing.

I want to ask you guys about this problem, maybe there is some expert in Linux or mangos emulation.

By the way, i post my config files here:

mangosd.conf

RealmID = 1
    DataDir = "."
    LogsDir = ""
    LoginDatabaseInfo = "127.0.0.1;3306;root;*myactualpassword*;realmd"
    WorldDatabaseInfo = "127.0.0.1;3306;root;*myactualpassword*;mangos"
    CharacterDatabaseInfo = "127.0.0.1;3306;root;*myactualpassword*;characters"
    MaxPingTime = 30
    WorldServerPort = 8085
    BindIP = "testmangos.no-ip.org"

realmd.conf

LoginDatabaseInfo = "127.0.0.1;3306;root;*myactualpassword*;realmd"
    LogsDir = ""
    MaxPingTime = 30
    RealmServerPort = 3724
    BindIP = "testmangos.no-ip.org"

And in the realmd database the realmlist table looks like this:

INSERT INTO `realmlist` (`id`, `name`, `address`, `port`, `icon`, `realmflags`, `timezone`, `allowedSecurityLevel`, `population`, `realmbuilds`) VALUES
    (1, 'Server', 'testmangos.no-ip.org', 3724, 8, 2, 1, 0, 0, '12340 ');

If you know how to update OpenSSL in Linux to 0.9.8k or if you know some other problem about my configs, please help me.

Thank you!

You killed my mom ! NOW I KILL YOU !!!

Linux openSSL or other problem? [stuck at connected]
    Sonic Waffle's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good Afternoon,

Just a small request, could you please say what version of Debian you are running (Server/Desktop, Arch., Kernel vers., etc). (If you don't know how to, in Terminal execute: "sudo uname -a" without quotes)

To update openSSL (and everything else), run this command "sudo apt-get update" (without the quotes). Otherwise, I have also experienced this problem and I can assure you this is a problem with MaNGOS, not your machine. (Last I checked, they have fixed it, but meh.)

As for the connection, make sure you have all the ports forwarded and you are not running IPTables (or atleast have let MaNGOS through).

mEtzG3r's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi!

Thanks for your answer, first of all, I'm running Debian 5.0 named Lenny with gnome KDE (desktop environment). The uname -a command write this:

Linux Server 2.6.26-2-686 #1 SMP Mon Jun 21 05:58:44 UTC 2010 i686 GNU/Linux

I tried to update the openssl with the command apt-get install openssl, but it said that I already got the latest version. I also tried the apt-get update command when I was root, but it didn't do anything, it's just listed some things what found, but nothing was installed.

I'm not using a router, I'm directly connected to the internet. I shared my connection between this Linux machine and a windows machine through a lan card, it worked. In the windows machine i set the realmlist to testmangos.no-ip.org and stucked at connected. I tried the lan ip of the linux machine: "Unable to connect".

About iptables ... i got a firewall on the linux machine called firestarter, i enabled the 8085 and the 3724 ports, but still the same. Anyway, I don't know how to enable mangos through iptables. It can be an iptables problem, because when I was set the internet between the linux and windows machine I needed to write in some commands like this: "iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth1 -p tcp --dport 80 -j DNAT --to 192.168.1.1" and things like that. Maybe that's the problem? I don't know.

Sonic Waffle's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can try disabling IPTables, since you don't need IPTables anymore. (Do this as Root)
    PHP Code:
    iptables-save > /root/firewall.rulesiptables -Xiptables -t nat -Fiptables -t nat -Xiptables -t mangle -Fiptables -t mangle -Xiptables -P INPUT ACCEPTiptables -P FORWARD ACCEPTiptables -P OUTPUT ACCEPT 

mEtzG3r's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I typed all of these commands one by one, the iptables -X command gives me an error: iptables: Too many links, the other commands was successful. Then I tried to connect again from the windows machine, the problem still persists.

mEtzG3r's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm...It seems nobody can help me in this question, same at mangos forum, their guide is unusable, because this section of updating openssl on ubuntu:

wget http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool....8k-7_i386.deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool....8k-7_i386.deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool....8k-7_i386.deb

gives the error 404 not found and if you browse the directory for the 0.9.8k openssl, there is nothing. I reported the problem to them, but no answer.