0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apache - Could not Bind to Address 0.0.0.0:443

Please help me with this issue. Last night my server was running perfectly fine, but when I turn it on today, Apache won't run.

I get this:

only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted. :make_sock: could not bind address 0.0.0.0:443
    no listening sockets available, shutting down
    Unable to open logs

Apache konnte nicht gestarter werden
    Apache could not be started
    Press any key to continue . . .

I turned off Skype and ended its process , so what's the matter? And yes I've tried restarting comp.

I'm currently using ArcEmu 3.3.3 (TreeTree's repack). Yes I know, Arc is buggy as shit and repacks fail but, it worked last night. :/
    Last edited by Ground Zero; 06-17-2010 at 04:40 AM.

Apache - Could not Bind to Address 0.0.0.0:443
    Exnintythree's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems your Apache is trying to run on Port 443?

Go to command prompt and type netstat -aon
    A large list of ports will come up, scroll until you see "0.0.0.0:443"

Now look at the far right of the "0.0.0.0:443" there should be a number. This is the (PID) Process ID of the program that's using the port, causing Apache not to work. Since only one program can be on a port at a time, you must disable it so Apache can use it.

To do this, go into Task Manager (Hold: Ctrl+Alt+Del). Once Task Manager comes up, look for the "Processes" tab at the top. Click it.

Picture:

You should see a list, now look for the program with the same process ID (PID) as shown in the command prompt. If your task manager doesn't show process ID (PID) , then click "View" at the top of the Task Manager, and click "Select Columns" on the check-box list, find PID, and check it, then click "OK"

Picture:

Now that your Task Manager shows PID, find the program with the same PID as shown in the command prompt, click it, then click "End Process" (make sure it's not an important program first!!) now that the program isn't using that port up, your apache server should start up normally!

Here's a quick picture: (These Numbers should be the same.)

**Notice how Apache is running on Task Manager as process 4044, and on command prompt as "0.0.0.0:443" "4044" But on your Task Manager, another program besides Apache may be running.
    Last edited by Exnintythree; 06-27-2010 at 10:43 AM.
    Honorbuddy staff.