0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Inserting toons to updated core repack

Hi, all

I'm having a prob regarding inserting my character to the new repack:

I was using DJFrederick's X-mas repack and switched to Keazain's latest core. I noticed there are new cells in the char tab in MySQL, so i transfered it manually. While my toon shows on the load screen, the load bar freezes upon completion and i can't enter the world.

Any clues?

I'll try to rep everyone who comes up with a solution. Thanx!

Edit: New chars work just fine. Entering with my old one is impossible.
    Last edited by yellowd; 01-08-2009 at 11:23 PM.

Inserting toons to updated core repack
    latruwski's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by yellowd View Post
    Hi, all

I'm having a prob regarding inserting my character to the new repack:

I was using DJFrederick's X-mas repack and switched to Keazain's latest core. I noticed there are new cells in the char tab in MySQL, so i transfered it manually. While my toon shows on the load screen, the load bar freezes upon completion and i can't enter the world.

Any clues?

I'll try to rep everyone who comes up with a solution. Thanx!

Edit: New chars work just fine. Entering with my old one is impossible.
    You need to run the SQL updates for the new core... they should be included with the core

yellowd's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by latruwski View Post
    You need to run the SQL updates for the new core... they should be included with the core
    Hmm... there's a folder with updates, alright. There's like a gazilion of those. Run 'em all?

Vindicated's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Run all the ones from the revision that you repack you downloaded was to the current one (Check that thread that you downloaded from).

yellowd's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, sweet. Lemme try that. +Rep to both if it works be right back...

yellowd's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I updated the old database and moved it into the new repack folder. It seems i'm now able to load all old characters except my main... Of course i had done some heavy restructure on that one; warrior with added druid bird form, for example (couldn't be bothered to mount ). Should i zero column by column on Navicat (spells, skills and so on) until i spot the problem?

EDIT:
    Anyway, problem still persists. +Rep for the help even if it didn't work. Anyone kind enough to give a hand would be appreciated

Tnx
    Last edited by yellowd; 01-09-2009 at 01:26 AM.

latruwski's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by yellowd View Post
    I updated the old database and moved it into the new repack folder. It seems i'm now able to load all old characters except my main... Of course i had done some heavy restructure on that one; warrior with added druid bird form, for example (couldn't be bothered to mount ). Should i zero column by column on Navicat (spells, skills and so on) until i spot the problem?

EDIT:
    Anyway, problem still persists. +Rep for the help even if it didn't work. Anyone kind enough to give a hand would be appreciated

Tnx
    check your console for errors and post the error you get when you are trying to load your main character....then we'll probably be able to help you out faster

yellowd's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I switched to Apple's repack and everything is peachy. Apple's repack has an older core than Keazain's but the database didn't go through changes yet, so it seems that whatever it was that made my main incompatible is now troubling me no more.

+Rep has been assigned to both latruwski and Vindicated for their eagerness to help. Thanks much, fellas!

I'll post here again when in need to update core, so moderators might wanna keep the thread up for instructional purposes.

Until then, thank you from me and all the boys in my unit serving overseas, trying to have some fun with WoW while on our breaks from the job. MMOwned makes our lives a little easier

Best from 75th RGR (A)
    RLTW!

yellowd's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, here's how it worked out:

It seems that the problem was recalculating the achievements. What i did was reinsert the character with a blank achievement table and let the server figure them out from scratch.

Generally, my advice for inserting characters that were created prior to core v. 1973 (before the character table was redesigned) goes as follows:

Most of you won't need this at all, but some of us in these forums (including myself) are mere players seeking for advice and are not really familiar with server mechanics. So this might be of help to some.

1. Keep the old character table in the same connection.
    2. Start and configure a new database to host the new ones with the new SQL.
    3. Apply the SQL updates regarding character-table changes to the old one WITHOUT applying the all-embracing logon-SQL. Just make sure you update the character table with the new columns needed after v. 1973 (or earlier, not really sure)
    4. Copy/paste the chars, char items, quest log etc from the old to the new database.
    5. Once everything is done, drop the old database.

Thanks again for all the help!