FreecraftCore DBCTools - A Toolchain/Library for DBC Editing and Development menu

User Tag List

Glader69's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FreecraftCore DBCTools - A Toolchain/Library for DBC Editing and Development

Hi guys, Glader/HelloKitty/Rejuv here. Today is the initial public release of some in-development tools that started development afew days ago.

What/Why

I noticed a lack of a fully automated and managed pipeline for developing DBC editing tools, for managing DBC content, for turning edited DBCs into MPQ patches and for data versioning. I happened to need tools like this so I developed them to support these needs.

This tool allows for:

1. Creation of SQL Database tables from DBC files.
    2. Creation of DBC files from SQL tables.
    3. Creation of MPQ patches from DBC tools.
    4. Creation of diff between old vs new DBC files for git versioning. (not yet working)

I wanted to create both a toolchain, to act as the creation and build process, and a library for building editing tools. It currently works but the release only supports a subset of DBC file types.
    You should let me know which DBC files are most critical for your needs so that I can implement them.

I created a tutorial video showing the how/why/what about this tool:

Here is a video showing the versioning support coming in v0.0.5

Links

Release 0.0.4: Release Version 0.0.4 Release . FreecraftCore/FreecraftCore.DBCTools . GitHub
    Repository: GitHub - FreecraftCore/FreecraftCore.DBCTools: FreecraftCore's C#/.NET library and tools for DBC file editing, versioning and SQL conversion.

You do NOT need Netcore or Netframework. This is a self-contained application but it only supports win64 right now. I need to setup build automation before I can support all targets.
    Last edited by Glader69; 06-21-2018 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Added v0.0.5 demo video

FreecraftCore DBCTools - A Toolchain/Library for DBC Editing and Development
  2. Thanks Krack3n (1 members gave Thanks to Glader69 for this useful post)