0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[GUIDE] Banning certain AddOns for being used on your server

Hello again. This little tutorial will teach you how to ban certain AddOns from being used on your server. You might wonder why the hell is this good? Well, let's say someone is abusing an admin addon and have gm powers on your server. Not that good, huh? Also you might want everything to be fair for everyone. By the way, I'm not sure if such have been posted before, if so, please excuse me. Anyway, we'll get started and heres the requirements:

- Navicat (Navicat MySQL Admin Tool - the World's Best MySQL GUI for Windows, Linux & Mac OS X - Download Now! Support Access to MySQL, Excel to MySQL, MySQL editor, MySQL administrator, MySQL frontend, MySQL manager, phpmyadmin, MySQL mangement, MySQL administ)
    - MySQL, ofcourse
    - A private server (tested on AC Web Ultimate Repack 7.X)
    - A brain, which most people hopefully has got

If you don't know what Navicat is already, it's a program where you can handle your MySQL server. For example you can change accounts, passwords, accesses, mobs, items, npcs, yeah almost everything.

Now, heres the deal.

Step #1
    Download Navicat from
    http://navicat.com/

Step #2
    Install, and open it up. Press "Trial". (Please note that it's only a 30 days trial)

Step #3
    Press the "Connection" button and fill in your information.
    By default (AC Web) the password should be set to "ascent" and the rest should be there already. If you have a server, you should know the connection details.

Step #4
    In the bar to the left, you should see a text saying "localhost". Double click it, and if everything is fine, you should be able to access the databases.

Step #5
    Open up the database "ascent" (if you haven't changed it to something else, incase, you should know what you named it).

Step #6
    Now you will see a loads of different tables in the middle window. See if you can find "clientaddons", and double click it.

Step #7
    At this moment a new window should have popped up. Everything is alright, and you're ready to ban sum addonz! So, look for the addon you want to ban in the list. I think you can add new there also, but I won't teach you how that works in this tutorial, sorry.

Step #8
    Now theres a few different bars. There should be id,name,crc,banned,showinlist. What we want to do now, is to change the number of the chosen addon to 1. That will make it banned. Simple as pie!? Now you can close the table window, and you're done!

Really hope you found this tutorial helpful. I wouldn't mind to get any rep at the moment, I feel like a leecher. :banned:

[GUIDE] Banning certain AddOns for being used on your server
    Cursed's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok I knew this but anyway it is a contribute and It looks good. +rep 2x

Y R U A NUB ?'s Avatar Banned