0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Client with patch 3.3.5 or 4.0.1

Getting a client with patch 3.3.5 or 4.0.1 now downgrading is no longer possible.

First of all I have found no up to date guide on this topic, so let's hope I searched well and this is not a repost (god, I've wasted some time if it is..)
    With the new Cataclysm WoWinstaller making us unable to downpatch. You can start from scratch by downloading an earlier client version, and patching from there.
    This takes some time to do as you have to search for all the links and torrents. I however had too much time on my hands tonight and I gathered all the downloading information (used Google for the client & WoWWiki for the patches) and made this thread to help future 'downgraders'.
    Requirements: WinZIP or WinRAR, a torrent program (Vuze, BitTorrent,..)
    • The first step is to download the Wrath of the Lich King client (client version 3.0.1).(spoiler 1) After the download is complete you instal the client. (make sure you have renamed your currently active World of Warcraft folder so the installation does not overwrite this folder!)
    • After installing the client you upgrade the clients patch step by step, first by upgrading patch 3.x.x (client patch) to 3.2.0. (spoiler 2)
    • The next patch upgrade is 3.2.0 to 3.2.2a. (spoiler 3)
    • The next patch upgrade is 3.2.2a to 3.3.0. (spoiler 4)
    • Now from this point you can either ugprade the patch 3.3.0 to 3.3.5 (spoiler 5) for a 3.3.5 private server; or you upgrade 3.3.0 to 4.0.1. (spoiler 6) (Optional: When this is done rename the freshly installed World of Warcraft folder and give the old one his original name again.)

Last edited by Clucadol; 02-08-2011 at 09:07 PM.
    So cuddly!

Client with patch 3.3.5 or 4.0.1
    Facerolling's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These can be used to go straight to cataclysm patches, once logging in with a full account, the trial install will convert to a full install immediately.

Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: WoW-4.0.0-Trial-enGB-Installer.exe
    Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: WoW-4.0.0-Trial-enUS-Installer.exe
    hey ervyone whats up gamboys