Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hope this helps

Setting Up A WoW Private Server [ANTRIX]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A GUIDE/TUTORIAL ON HOW TO SETUP A WoW PRIVATE SERVER USING ANTRIX

Welcome to the WoW Antrix Private Server Setup guide! In this guide, you will learn how to quickly and efficiently set up a server for you and your friends to play on.

The first thing you want to do is download the core database. When it finishes downloading, install the repack into the C: drive! This is important, if you don't install it there, it probably won't work. Let the program install all the necessary files. When it's complete, go to your C: drive and find a file called AC Ultimate Web Repack. Open it, and double click the file called Map Extractor EnUS (if you're in the US), or Map Extractor EnGB (if your anywhere else). WinRAR should have opened, which lists all the files that are included in the compressed folder. This should be a file called Ad.exe and a file called maps. Do not click either. In the top left of WinRAR, there should be a button that says "Extract To..". Click that, and search for your World of Warcraft folder (most likely in C: Program Files/World of Warcraft) and click Okay. After it completes extracting, go to your World of Warcraft folder, and double click Ad.exe. This should now begin extracting your maps.

-----Time Lapse: About 10-20 Minutes-----

Now that you have your maps for your server (If you got this far... yay, your getting somewhere!), you need to get them to your server. Whats a server without maps to walk around on? In your World of Warcraft folder, the file named maps should now be full of... well, maps! Right-click the maps folder, and click cut. Now go to your AC Ultimate Web Repack folder, located in the C: drive. Once your in there, go to the folder named Server, right-click, and click paste. Now your server is map-friendly.

This is where it gets tricky, you may get confused. I will try to make this as clear as possible.

Go back to the main AC Ultimate Web Repack folder. Double-click the Antrix folder. In here, you will see files that have weird formats, types, etc. One should be called logonserver.CONF. Double-click it. If it tells you it can't read the file type, click "Select Program From A List" and choose Wordpad. Now that you're in the file, on your keyboard, press CTRL+F and a box should appear saying find. You should be able to type. Copy and paste this in there EXACTLY as it's typed:
    <Client MinBuild = "6739"
    MaxBuild = "6739">

Now click the "Find" button. When it finds this part of the file, it should be highlighted. Where it says <Client MinBuild= "6739", change that 6739 to 6999. Where it says MaxBuild = "6739"> change that 6739 to 7999. Congratulations, you edited code! Save by clicking the floppy disk, and close the file.

Now go pack to the main AC Ultimate Web Repack folder. Go to Antrix again, and this time, click the Antrix.CONF file. On your keyboard, hit CTRL+F and the find box should appear again. This time, copy and paste this:
    <Server PlayerLimit = "200"

This is self-explanitory. Change the PlayerLimit to whatever you want, although I recommend a low number if you don't have have a great server. Below it, there should be something that has MOTD in it. This is the greeting message everyone will see when they log in each time. Change it to whatever you want. A little further down you should see level cap. Change the number to whatever you want. I recommend 60-70 because it prevents most crashes, and is standard to what Blizzard has (meaning less problems in the future). Now, do CTRL+F again. This time, type this in the bar:
    die directive

When the first one comes up, there will be a big box around it. Delete the text "die directive" and the entire box around it. Do CTRL+F again, and search for:
    die directive

This is the only other one. Delete it all again. Now save the file and close it.

You are getting close. Go to your World of Warcraft folder and double-click on realmlist.WTF. If it tells you it can't read the file type, select WordPad from the list again. You should see:
    Set realmlist us.logon.worldofwarcraft.com

Change us.logon.worldofwarcraft.com to:

Save and close the file. Congratulations, your server is setup. But before we continue, let's make it so you can create accounts for your friends. Go download NaviCAT, which can be found [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. Once it's done downloading, install it. Once it's done, go to you AC Ultimate Web Repack. In it, open AC Repack Control Panel. The first tab says SQL Options. Click in, and click Start MySQL. Now open up NaviCAT. Now click the button that says "Connection". A box with rows in it should appear. Leave everything alone, but in the password field, type in antrix. On the left of NaviCAT, there should be a gray icon that says localhost. Click it, and another gray icon should say Antrix by it. Open that also. Now in the screen to the right, it has a huge list. At the very top, it says accounts. Double-click it. Now another screen should have opened up. At the bottom of this new screen, there should be a black plus sign. Click it. A new list of boxes should appear. The first one is account number, change it from Null to 2. Now under Account, type in your desired account name. Under password, type in the desired password. Under GM, type 1 for normal account, 2 for Game Master, 3 for Administrator, and az for Super Administrator. Now at the very end of the list, it says flags. If you have only regular World of Warcraft, type in 1 in this box. If you have The Burning Crusade, type 8 in this box. Now go to File, Close. Now close NaviCAT and MySQL. Now go back to AC Ultimate Web Repack. Open up the Control Panel again. Now start MySQL again. Now back at the Control Panel, go to Server Options>Direct Exes>Logonserver. Now go back to the control panel again, and go to Server Options>Direct Exes>Antrix.

Now for the moment of truth. Open up WoW. Type in your account username and password we made earlier. Click login.... and hopefully it logged you in to your private server. If not, PM me and state your problem.

Congratulations! You have successfully created a private server.
    If this guide helped you, please recommend it to people that need help:

[Epic Guide] Setting Up and Running an ArcEmu Server from Scratch!
    villy93's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where is the folder "ascent-windows-libraries"? I dont have it on my desktop after finishing all the installs, i think you may have messed up your links at the visual studios installing chapter.

pattywhack's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey i got a problem (i messed up on my part) when we were supposed to copy the 2 files from the 'system32' i only copied one and now when i try to start up the server it says that LIBEAY32.dll is missing.. i looked back in the system32 folder but its not there, oh and very nice guide

Lemmywinks's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First of all...
    Thanks for this guide, got some trouble with the installation of mysql and navicat, always got an error with access dinied or something but google helped me but in the end I got one noobquestion xD

Whats my account and my pass?
    I tryed with the root and <pass> thing.. but everytime WoW wants a digitalcode. :crap:

Originally Posted by villy93
    Where is the folder "ascent-windows-libraries"? I dont have it on my desktop after finishing all the installs, i think you may have messed up your links at the visual studios installing chapter.
    Found this anonym.to - free dereferer service

HunterTure's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I keep getting hung at the connected screen, it recognizes my Acct name and Pass I can get my server list but will not connect to the game. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what did u use as your acc?
    the mysql stuff? like root?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, I went into the SQL DB and made an account name that is independant of the Server pwds. it is set up for WOTL as an Admin as well. I get to the connected screen but the next screen that should show up is the Char Creation, it won't get past Connected.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nevermind I figured out the problem I was running with Patch 3.1.1 and my Server only had 3.0.9 on it.

thebrewkrew's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by HunterTure View Post
    No, I went into the SQL DB and made an account name that is independant of the Server pwds. it is set up for WOTL as an Admin as well. I get to the connected screen but the next screen that should show up is the Char Creation, it won't get past Connected.
    Hunter can you explain how to setup the acct in the SQL? everything is running smoothly but I am unable to create an account. Thanks in advance

EDIT: Nevermind I figured it out.
    Last edited by thebrewkrew; 05-11-2009 at 08:13 PM.

psychobandit's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by villy93 View Post
    The Libraries are in the ArcEMU folder so it's "ArcEMU/trunk/extras/arcemu-windows-libraries" and yes it's ArcEMU-windows-libraries NOT ascent-windows-libraries

BTW, moonblade0421, great guide. My servers up & running with no major problems getting it there

Last edited by psychobandit; 05-11-2009 at 08:06 PM. Reason: seperate message to OP

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by thebrewkrew View Post
    Hunter can you explain how to setup the acct in the SQL? everything is running smoothly but I am unable to create an account. Thanks in advance
    In NaviCat you need to click on the Logon DB, then double click onto the first table you see to the right. There you see a bunch of tables to enter things into most of them are common sense . 0 = WoW, 8 = BC, 24 = Wrath.

Hope this helps.

Apple Pi's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by joewood3 View Post
    Setting Up A WoW Private Server [ANTRIX]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A GUIDE/TUTORIAL ON HOW TO SETUP A WoW PRIVATE SERVER USING ANTRIX

Welcome to the WoW Antrix Private Server Setup guide! In this guide, you will learn how to quickly and efficiently set up a server for you and your friends to play on.

The first thing you want to do is download the core database. When it finishes downloading, install the repack into the C: drive! This is important, if you don't install it there, it probably won't work. Let the program install all the necessary files. When it's complete, go to your C: drive and find a file called AC Ultimate Web Repack. Open it, and double click the file called Map Extractor EnUS (if you're in the US), or Map Extractor EnGB (if your anywhere else). WinRAR should have opened, which lists all the files that are included in the compressed folder. This should be a file called Ad.exe and a file called maps. Do not click either. In the top left of WinRAR, there should be a button that says "Extract To..". Click that, and search for your World of Warcraft folder (most likely in C: Program Files/World of Warcraft) and click Okay. After it completes extracting, go to your World of Warcraft folder, and double click Ad.exe. This should now begin extracting your maps.

-----Time Lapse: About 10-20 Minutes-----

Now that you have your maps for your server (If you got this far... yay, your getting somewhere!), you need to get them to your server. Whats a server without maps to walk around on? In your World of Warcraft folder, the file named maps should now be full of... well, maps! Right-click the maps folder, and click cut. Now go to your AC Ultimate Web Repack folder, located in the C: drive. Once your in there, go to the folder named Server, right-click, and click paste. Now your server is map-friendly.

This is where it gets tricky, you may get confused. I will try to make this as clear as possible.

Go back to the main AC Ultimate Web Repack folder. Double-click the Antrix folder. In here, you will see files that have weird formats, types, etc. One should be called logonserver.CONF. Double-click it. If it tells you it can't read the file type, click "Select Program From A List" and choose Wordpad. Now that you're in the file, on your keyboard, press CTRL+F and a box should appear saying find. You should be able to type. Copy and paste this in there EXACTLY as it's typed:
    <Client MinBuild = "6739"
    MaxBuild = "6739">

Now click the "Find" button. When it finds this part of the file, it should be highlighted. Where it says <Client MinBuild= "6739", change that 6739 to 6999. Where it says MaxBuild = "6739"> change that 6739 to 7999. Congratulations, you edited code! Save by clicking the floppy disk, and close the file.

Now go pack to the main AC Ultimate Web Repack folder. Go to Antrix again, and this time, click the Antrix.CONF file. On your keyboard, hit CTRL+F and the find box should appear again. This time, copy and paste this:
    <Server PlayerLimit = "200"

This is self-explanitory. Change the PlayerLimit to whatever you want, although I recommend a low number if you don't have have a great server. Below it, there should be something that has MOTD in it. This is the greeting message everyone will see when they log in each time. Change it to whatever you want. A little further down you should see level cap. Change the number to whatever you want. I recommend 60-70 because it prevents most crashes, and is standard to what Blizzard has (meaning less problems in the future). Now, do CTRL+F again. This time, type this in the bar:
    die directive

When the first one comes up, there will be a big box around it. Delete the text "die directive" and the entire box around it. Do CTRL+F again, and search for:
    die directive

This is the only other one. Delete it all again. Now save the file and close it.

You are getting close. Go to your World of Warcraft folder and double-click on realmlist.WTF. If it tells you it can't read the file type, select WordPad from the list again. You should see:
    Set realmlist us.logon.worldofwarcraft.com

Change us.logon.worldofwarcraft.com to:

Save and close the file. Congratulations, your server is setup. But before we continue, let's make it so you can create accounts for your friends. Go download NaviCAT, which can be found [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. Once it's done downloading, install it. Once it's done, go to you AC Ultimate Web Repack. In it, open AC Repack Control Panel. The first tab says SQL Options. Click in, and click Start MySQL. Now open up NaviCAT. Now click the button that says "Connection". A box with rows in it should appear. Leave everything alone, but in the password field, type in antrix. On the left of NaviCAT, there should be a gray icon that says localhost. Click it, and another gray icon should say Antrix by it. Open that also. Now in the screen to the right, it has a huge list. At the very top, it says accounts. Double-click it. Now another screen should have opened up. At the bottom of this new screen, there should be a black plus sign. Click it. A new list of boxes should appear. The first one is account number, change it from Null to 2. Now under Account, type in your desired account name. Under password, type in the desired password. Under GM, type 1 for normal account, 2 for Game Master, 3 for Administrator, and az for Super Administrator. Now at the very end of the list, it says flags. If you have only regular World of Warcraft, type in 1 in this box. If you have The Burning Crusade, type 8 in this box. Now go to File, Close. Now close NaviCAT and MySQL. Now go back to AC Ultimate Web Repack. Open up the Control Panel again. Now start MySQL again. Now back at the Control Panel, go to Server Options>Direct Exes>Logonserver. Now go back to the control panel again, and go to Server Options>Direct Exes>Antrix.

Now for the moment of truth. Open up WoW. Type in your account username and password we made earlier. Click login.... and hopefully it logged you in to your private server. If not, PM me and state your problem.

Congratulations! You have successfully created a private server.
    If this guide helped you, please recommend it to people that need help:
    Nice copy paste please don't post other guides in my post. kay thanks.

<3 Moonblade
    What once was Moonblade rose from the ashes as Apple Pi!

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i can see the end of the road....
    one last problem...
    after i´ve created a charakter and try to connect my connection gets lost :<
    any idea?

lennshow66's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my error

Hey this is my error please help

psychobandit's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by lennshow66 View Post
    Hey this is my error please help

I had that same exact error because I missed a few steps since I already had visual studio installed. In the instructions where it's telling you to install visual studio, it tells you to go to the "ascent-windows-libraries" (which is actually "arcemu-windows-libraries") it tells you about moving some files from "VC" to "VC". I assume you already did that part. Now, under the pic reference, there is this note: "You will also need to copy over the the two DLLs in the DLL folder to c:/windows/system32"! In the arcemu-windows-libraries is a folder called "DLL Files", the 2 DLL's are in there, one of them is the one you are missing, move BOTH to the system32 folder & that should solve your problem.

On a seperate issue, moonblade0421, I haven't checked to see if you changed it, but WhyDB has changed their SVN address, there is a note about it at the old address in the changelog. Just thought you might want to change your link
    **edit** DOH! I just looked, I guess you did know & changed it

Last edited by psychobandit; 05-14-2009 at 01:40 AM. Reason: 'cause I was too lazy to look before writing :p

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast