Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to create an ArcEmu Server (for a complete Noob or an advanced person)

+++Ultra Noob Private Server Guide+++
    This is a noob friendly tutorial to making your own private server! Also, it includes how to make a server public with hamachi. Note: You need .Net Framework 3.5

Step 1: First, download Panex Public 6.4 Here: http://filebeam.com/1df63315397647602fda706a36ec936f (make sure to install it to your C drive!)

Step 1.5: In the panex folder, go into server, then maps, and select the right place (i think its either EU or US)...
    Now in there you will see "ad.exe"

Go into your WoW Directory and make a folder called "Maps", now put ad.exe into your wow directory and start it up, this process may take another 20-30min. After, copy the maps folder in your wow directory but keep it there, now go paste it into the panex server folder. Replace the old maps folder.

Step 2: Second, go into your Panex Public 6.4 folder. Go into Server > Configs. Then go to ArcEmu-Logonserver, and open it with Notepad.

Step 3: The first section should look like this:
    <LogonDatabase Hostname = "localhost"
    Username = "root"
    Password = "panex"
    Name = "ascent"
    Port = "3306"
    Type = "1">
    It should look like that!!!

Then you’ll see:
    <Listen Host = "127.0.0.1"
    ISHost = "127.0.0.1"
    RealmListPort = "3724"
    ServerPort = "8093">

If it doesn’t look like that make it look EXACTLY like that!!! This is very very important!
    Then:
    <LogonServer RemotePassword = "ascent"
    AllowedIPs = "127.0.0.1/24"
    AllowedModIPs = "127.0.0.1/24">
    Just like above, make this part look exactly like this if it doesn’t already. This is also important!
    Now SAVE and close arcemu-logonserver.

Step 4: Now, open arcemu-realms…
    You’ll see something like this:
    <LogonServer Address = "127.0.0.1"
    Port = "8093"
    Name = "Default Logon"
    RealmCount = "1">
    If it doesn’t look like that, make it. Once again, this is important.

Then, you’ll see something like this after the first part:
    <Realm1 Name = "XXXXXXX"
    Address = "127.0.0.1:8129"
    Icon = "YYYYYYYY"
    Population = "1.0"
    TimeZone = "1">
    Where XXXXXXX is, type whatever name you want your realm to be called.
    Where YYYYYYYY is, type PVP for a pvp realm, or Normal for a normal realm.

To add additional realms, copy this:
    <Realm1 Name = "XXXXXXX"
    Icon = "YYYYYYYY"
    Population = "1.0"
    TimeZone = "1">
    And do what you did for the first one, except change “Realm1 Name=” to “Realm2 Name=” for a second realm, and “Realm3 Name=” for a third, etc etc etc…

Now, count the number of realms you have (ex: if you went up to Realm3, it would be 3 realms), and go back up to:
    Port = "8093"
    Name = "Default Logon"
    RealmCount = "1">
    Now change the part where it says “RealmCount=”1”>” change the number 1 to however realms you have.
    Now SAVE and close arcemu-realms.

Step 5: Now open arcemu-world…

Scroll down just a little bit, and you’ll see something like this:
    WorldServerPort = "8129">
    If it doesn’t look like that, make it look like that. This is one of those important things.
    Now SAVE and close arcemu-world.

Step 6: Open up your world of warcraft folder (should be this path or something like it: C:\program files\world of warcraft\

You should see a file somewhere in there named Realmlist.wtf or just Realmlist. Now open the Realmlist folder and you should see “set realmlist XXXXX” and “set patchlist XXXXX”. Note: XXXXX is not really what you’ll see, I just put that there to give you an idea of what it will say. Copy all of it and paste it to a new document, save the document as WoW Retail Realmlist or something like that. Now you can close that document and go back to the realmlist folder. Delete all of the contents of the realmlist folder and type in “set realmlist 127.0.0.1”. Now SAVE and close the realmlist folder.

Go back to the Panex Public 6.4 folder.
    Open up Panex CP 6.4.2

You should have some blue thing pop up. Click “Networking”, then click “MySQL Start”.
    Now a command prompt box should open. If it has an error, post it below this guide and I will try to help you fix it as best I can, if not, go back to the Panex CP.
    Now click “ArcEmu”, then click “Logonserver”.
    Another command prompt box should open. Once again, if there’s an error post it below the guide.
    Finally, click “ArcEmu” again, then click “World”.
    Another command prompt box will open. Again, if an error comes up post below, if not, the world box should take a little bit, but not that long at all. If it closes, open it up again with Panex CP. If it closes again, that means there’s an error and you should post it below if it happens that many times.
    Once all three programs are open DO NOT CLOSE ANY OF THEM!!!!

Open World of Warcraft and login with Username: panex and Password: admin
    Create the character and play!!!

++Make Your Server Public With Hamachi++
    Step 1: First, if you don’t have Hamachi, download it here: http://www.hamachi.cc/download.php.

Step 2: Now, we have to configure Hamachi (sort of, not really configuring).
    If You installed Hamachi, it should open up by itself, if not, start it up. A little gray box will come up with something like 555.555.555.555 or some sequence of numbers and dots, this is your Hamachi IP lol.
    You should have made a name for yourself, it will be below the numbers, but that’s not important right now.
    On the bottom left of the gray box there is a power icon, click it, and it should start turning the power on.
    Now after the power is turned on click the triangle on the bottom left. Click Create New Network, and type in a username and password that you will remember to tell your friends.

Step 3: Now, open logonserver like up above, except when you see this:
    ISHost = "127.0.0.1"
    RealmListPort = "3724"
    ServerPort = "8093">
    Change 127.0.0.1 (both the listen host AND the ISHost) to your Hamachi IP
    Save and close logonserver again, but make sure you save!

Step 4: Open realms again, but change Where you see 127.0.0.1 here to your Hamachi IP again:
    Port = "8093"
    Name = "Default Logon"
    RealmCount = "1">

Now, you will see your realms, also where you see (on all realms do this not just on Realm1):
    <Realm1 Name = "XXXXXXX"
    Icon = "YYYYYYYY"
    Population = "1.0"
    TimeZone = "1">
    Change 127.0.0.1:8129 to Your Hamachi IP:8129, make sure you put the :8129 after Your Hamachi IP!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU NEED THIS HERE!!! (ex: 555.555.555.555:8129)
    Once again do this for all realms, not just Realm1.
    Save and close arcemu-realms. Make sure to save!

Step 5: Open up arcemu-world…
    Where this is:
    WorldServerPort = "8129">
    Substitute 127.0.0.1 for your Hamachi IP again.

Step 6: Now open up your realmlist folder again and change the contents to “Set realmlist” then your Hamachi IP after it (ex: set realmlist 555.555.555.555)

Step 7: Tell any friends that want to join to download Hamachi, and join your network with your username and password. Then tell them to set their realmlist folder to “set realmlist” then your hamachi ip (once again ex: set realmlist 555.555.555.555). To create their accounts you will need a program called SQLyog, but I will not be going into that in this guide.

Step 8: CONGRADULATIONS! You now have a private server and have made it public!
    Any questions or corrections, post below. Also if you need any help post below too.

++++Making New Accounts for your server++++
    Okay, first of all thank you very much fireguild1 for showing me that, i will try to edit it to make it a link. Second of all polar, i didnt put this in a guide, so i will make a new one for this purpose. You need an SQL program, i use SQLyog. Just search SQLyog download or something (make sure you get the COMMUNITY EDITION. Then, open up SQLyog and create a new connection. Enter the following info:

Username: Root
    Password: Panex
    MySQL host Address: 127.0.0.1
    Port 3306 (or whatever is your MySQL port, usually 3306)
    Database(s) ascent

Then Click Connect

Now after you connect, you should see something that says root@localhost in a little white box along the left side of SQLyog, below that should be "ascent" with a little plus sign to the left. Click the plus. Then click Tables. Then a long list should come down with a bunch of stuff. One of the titles will be "accounts"...
    Click it...
    Then, youll see somewhere in the center:
    1 Result 2 Messeges 3 Table Data
    Click Table Data, now youll see a little bar with a bunch of places where you can put some pretty letters or something. Go to the very bottom bar. Notice how most of it is blank or says Null? We're gonna change that.
    Go under acct, if you only have one other then the number will be 2 under it, and if its your third account being created you would put 3. For now you should just be able to put a 2 there. Now under Login type your desired Username. Under password type your desired Password. Leave encrypted password blank, now under GM type 1 for like a player with a few commands, every account will be this. Type a 2 for a half-gm sorta thing. Type a 3 for full GM rights, and type az for every command (administrator).
    Then leave Banned, LastLogin, LastIP, and Email blank, now go under Flags, leave a 0 if you dont have BC or just dont want it, type an 8 if you have BC and you wanna use it. Leave the last 2 blank as well. Now, sort of by Table Data, you will see a button with Refresh, click Refresh, now if your server was running, close everything and open it again, if it wasnt running, start it up. Now you will be able to log in with the username and pass you provided.

To skip all of this, you will never be able to create more accounts, but if its just gonna be you playing, you can just log in with username Panex password Admin.

GOD I HATE MY LEECHER TITLE LOL

Btw, if you are wondering why i didnt answer soon enough, i am 13 and i stayed up till 4:00 AM my time last night, and now it is 8:30 AM by me. Unbelievably, i am not tired even the slightest bit which is very awkward.
    Last edited by Hadesminion13; 10-12-2008 at 01:51 AM.

How to create an ArcEmu Server (for a complete Noob or an advanced person)
    Hadesminion13's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This guide was not a request, but i am aware that there are many guides like this, i thought i would just upload the way I did it, as it was VERY easy for me to do like this, and i saw that a lot of tutorials were completely for people that had a lot of experience with many programs.
    Edit: Please feal free to post feedback
    Last edited by Hadesminion13; 10-04-2008 at 08:00 AM.

dod's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    will work if u are connect to theri hamachi network or can it work witout hamachi so u dont have to have it o to work

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, you can use DynDNS to make one public, but other than that i dont know of any other ways besides hamachi to get it public. Also, i had a DynDNS server, but no one else could connect, so i put it back to Hamachi.

EDIT: And how the heck do i give myself a sig???

EDIT: And THEY change their realmlist to YOUR Hamachi IP.
    Last edited by Hadesminion13; 10-10-2008 at 01:22 PM.

Polar1245780's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    does it really work

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im tryin it right now

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok so i did all of it it all worked until i went 2 logon it said it was not a real acc wht do i do???

fireguild1's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Hadesminion13 View Post
    +++Ultra Noob Private Server Guide+++
    This is a noob friendly tutorial to making your own private server! Also, it includes how to make a server public with hamachi.

Step 1: First, download Panex Public 6.4 Here (make sure to install it to your C drive!)

There is no link

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, first of all thank you very much fireguild1 for showing me that, i will try to edit it to make it a link. Second of all polar, i didnt put this in a guide, so i will make a new one for this purpose. You need an SQL program, i use SQLyog. Just search SQLyog download or something (make sure you get the COMMUNITY EDITION. Then, open up SQLyog and create a new connection. Enter the following info:

Username: Root
    Password: Panex
    MySQL host Address: 127.0.0.1
    Port 3306 (or whatever is your MySQL port, usually 3306)
    Database(s) ascent

Then Click Connect

Now after you connect, you should see something that says root@localhost in a little white box along the left side of SQLyog, below that should be "ascent" with a little plus sign to the left. Click the plus. Then click Tables. Then a long list should come down with a bunch of stuff. One of the titles will be "accounts"...
    Click it...
    Then, youll see somewhere in the center:
    1 Result 2 Messeges 3 Table Data
    Click Table Data, now youll see a little bar with a bunch of places where you can put some pretty letters or something. Go to the very bottom bar. Notice how most of it is blank or says Null? We're gonna change that.
    Go under acct, if you only have one other then the number will be 2 under it, and if its your third account being created you would put 3. For now you should just be able to put a 2 there. Now under Login type your desired Username. Under password type your desired Password. Leave encrypted password blank, now under GM type 1 for like a player with a few commands, every account will be this. Type a 2 for a half-gm sorta thing. Type a 3 for full GM rights, and type az for every command (administrator).
    Then leave Banned, LastLogin, LastIP, and Email blank, now go under Flags, leave a 0 if you dont have BC or just dont want it, type an 8 if you have BC and you wanna use it. Leave the last 2 blank as well. Now, sort of by Table Data, you will see a button with Refresh, click Refresh, now if your server was running, close everything and open it again, if it wasnt running, start it up. Now you will be able to log in with the username and pass you provided.

To skip all of this, you will never be able to create more accounts, but if its just gonna be you playing, you can just log in with username Panex password Admin.

GOD I HATE MY LEECHER TITLE LOL

Btw, if you are wondering why i didnt answer soon enough, i am 13 and i stayed up till 4:00 AM my time last night, and now it is 8:30 AM by me. Unbelievably, i am not tired even the slightest bit which is very awkward.
    Last edited by Hadesminion13; 10-11-2008 at 04:31 PM.

virminator's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You linked your own topic, nice.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wth?! i linked panex public 6.4.2 off of filebeam.... weird.... ill fix it sorry.

EDIT: Done, now its the correct link, again im sorry about that, it wasnt ego related or anything lol it was an accident ^^
    Last edited by Hadesminion13; 10-11-2008 at 11:25 AM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, well im going to edit the first guide so it also includes the second part.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CRITICAL ERROR CRITICAL ERROR CRITICAL ERROR CRITICAL ERROR CRITICAL ERROR

HERE IT IS:
    You have to re-download the repack if you didnt do this before (unless you didnt even download it yet, then just include this step), although try this b4 re download cause it may work without re d/l'ing it.

In the panex folder, go into server, then maps, and select the right place (i think its either EU or US)...
    Now in there you will see "ad.exe"

Go into your WoW Directory and make a folder called "Maps", now put ad.exe into your wow directory and start it up, this process may take another 20-30min. After, copy the maps folder in your wow directory but keep it there, now go paste it into the panex server folder. Replace the old maps folder.

Now see if it works.

I will edit the normal guide and put this in the correct place.

You can thank 00zian00 on YouTube for this, as i didnt even think to notice it.
    Last edited by Hadesminion13; 10-12-2008 at 12:44 AM.

dirtaa's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice got my server running

haruko619619's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    logonserve and world on teh control panel both dotn work for me...saying ip not allowed or something on logonserver and for world it says realm registration timed out due to OnDisconnect () idk what to do...please help.....i tried to log in when these were doing this and it was succesfukl but my realms didnt show up! please help!anyone!

my msn is haruko619619
    @aol
    .com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast