0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[ :Creating Custom Quests for Dummies: ]

First off you guys..
    I DID NOT MAKE THIS GUIDE!
    I felt like this should be spread to mmowned since it does not have any good guides.

Kudos go to Batman of D3scene. You can check out his post and rep him
    HTML Code:
    http://www.************/forum/wow-private-server-info-help/6256-custom-quest-tutorial.html

PS: The ************ stands for D.3.s.c.e.n.e. (Without the periods. )

So alot of people wondered about how to make a quest. I’m not an expert myself on this but I figured that I could help people out to at least as much as I know. So in this tutorial I am going to show you how to set up a simple quest and hope that by doing you learn how to make more by yourself. Now I admit I don’t know what everything means so I will honestly state so in the tutorial.

Now I am going to assume that you have mangos set up and working. And also have Navicat installed and configured to connect with your server. If not then do so because I do not explain that in the tutorial.

In this tutorial we are going to make a small quest where you have to deliver an item to someone else.

1 Picking the quest characters.
    First we are going to need 2 characters. One to get the quest from and another to bring the item to.
    The characters I have picked are
    • Marshal Dughan

Can be found in goldshire
    EntryID = 240
    • Wilder Thistlenettle

Can be found in stormwind in the tavern in the dwarven district.
    EntryID = 656

Ok so now we have picked out the two characters we want for our quest. They do not need to be 2 different characters but since we are going to deliver something I chose to get 2 different ones.

2 Setting up the quest itself.
    Now start up your server and navicat. Connect to your server with navicat and go to mangos>tables. In there search for Quest_template and double-click it. In the new window we will make a new entry. At the bottom of the screen there is a pluss and minus next to eachother. Click the pluss and you shoul have a new entry which should only contain zeros. I will explain them all as best I can and fill them in with you.

Entry = 95000
    The entry ID of everything must be unique so therefor I started out with 95000 for quests. I suggest for keeping it easy and in case you want to easily delete this quest when made you do the same.

ZoneOrSort = 12
    the zone or sort allows quests to get the zone tag in your quest log.I suggest looking for this number by checking what number the questgiver has in his other quests. My guess is that this has to do with the zone they are placed in like elwyn forrest or whatever but I could be way off on that.

Minlevel = 5
    This is the minimum level you need to do the quest. I put 5 there but it’s all up to you what the minimum level should be.

Questlevel = 8
    This should always be higher then the minimum level (but not too much). This is basically the level the quest really is.

Type = 0
    This I guess is what type of quest it is ( Dungeon, Raid or Group). Ofcourse that is just a guess. But if you wonder then just try to find a quest that is the same as the one you try to make and copy off that. Or see if 0 works.

RequiredRaces = 1101
    This is what race you need to be to be able to do the quest. My character is human and I searched for a quest that I got to do as a human and the number on that was 1101 (which I think means everyone can do it).

RequiredSkillValue = 1
    This is believed to be for setting up profession quests.
    I don’t know how to get the skill value on this one but just put 1 or 0 on there untill you figure it out. Or if someone knows tell me. I think it has something to do with the requiredraces.

RequiredRepFaction = 0
    You put here what faction you should have points for. If you don’t need this option just leave it at zero. If you really want a faction put there find someone who is in the faction you want and look for him in the Creature_template and see what his faction number is. But most of the time just leave it blank.

RequiredRepValue = 0
    How much points you need to have in that faction to be able to do the quest.

SuggestedPlayers = 0
    What players are allowed to do the quest. Leave it blank so everyone can enjoy it.

LimitTime = 0
    Time Limit. I hate time limits so leave this blank.

SpecialFlags = 1
    I have no clue so just find a similar quest and type in what they have and hope it works. For this one it’s 1.

PrevQuestId = 0
    The quest you need to finish first before this quest will appear.

NextQuestId = 0
    I don’t know this one. I think it’s the quest to get unlocked after this one.

ExclusiveGroup = 0
    The group that is only allowed to do this quest. Leave it blank so everyone can do it.

NextQuestInChain = 0
    If you are making a storyline with different quests as in after finishing this quest you want to continue the story by starting a new quest that continues this quest then you put the quest EntryId in here. But since in this tutorial this is a single quest leave it blank.

SrcItemId = 25
    Now we are going to have to deliver an item to someone so we need our questgiver to give us an item. Get the EntryId of any item you want and put it in here and the questgiver will give you this item when you accept the quest. For this one I just randomly picked something. Go into Item_template and pick the item you want to put in there. (can even be a custom made item)

SrcItemCount = 1
    How many of the item you get from the questgiver do you get. Well you only need 1 item for this tutorial quest so put in 1.

SrcSpell = 0
    I havent used this but I guess it’s which spell you get from the questgiver.

Title = A quick delivery
    This is where you put in the title you give your quest. This will be what you see when you pick out the quest.

Details =Hi $N,$B$BYou must deliver this item to Wilder Thistlenettle In Stormwind.$B$BYou can find him in the tavern in the dwarven district.
    This is where you put the details told to you by the questgiver about your quest. $N will be replaced by your character name (or name from whoever looks at the quest). $C will be replaced by the rank of the person viewing the quest and $B skips down a line.

Objectives = Bring the item to Wilder Thistlenettle in the tavern located in the Dwarven District in Stormwind.
    This is a summary of your quest objective. Keep this as short as you can.

OfferRewardText = Hi There $C,$B$Byou have brought me the item I was waiting for thank you very much. Please take this is a gift for your help.
    This is where you put the text that the person you have to go to to complete the quest when he shows you after you completed the quest.
    RequestItemsText = What can I do for you, $C?
    This is what the person you have to go to to complete the quest says before you completed the quest.

EndText =
    This is what your see if you have completed your objectives. Keep it blank for this one since you complete the objective by getting the item.

ObjectiveText
    You can have up to 4 objectives. Like get 4 items and such. Put the text for you get when you completed each objective here. Like objective 1 complete or something. This is not needed in this tutorial

ReqItemId1 = 25
    There are up to 4 items you can say you require to complete the objective. Since we only need the sword for this tutorial put in the EntryId of the sword which is 25.

ReqItemCount1 = 1
    As with the required items you need to say how many of the required items you need to have. For this tutorial you only need the 1 sword so put in 1.

The same goes for all the other required and item count collums (just to make this tutorial a bit shorter J )

RewChoiceItemId1 = 2067
    These colums is where you pick your rewards to chose from when you finish the quest. I pick something for level 5’s real quickly. However chose what you want and just put the EntryId in there.

Pick the rewards you want to give. The whole RewOrMoney thing I havent figured out yet so I cant explain it just leave blank what you don’t know or experiment around J The Pointmap and stuff I don’t understand yet either but I think this is for setting up a point on the map you need to go to to finish your quest, then again I might be wrong. The Emote Colums are for the emotions the characters show when you do what the emote says, Just put in 1 at the CompleteEmote. Leave the rest blank.

Now when you make your own stuff the things I dontk now about and all you can experiment around with if you really want to find out. But for this tutorial your quest is set up.

3 Hooking the characters up to the quest.

Now you have set up your quest your characters still don’t know that they are the ones that have to give the quest or that they need to help you complete it. So now we will set that up.
    First we need to tell someone to give you the quest when you go to him, for this tutorial I have chosen Marshal Dughan.

In your tables list double-click Creature_questrelation. This is where you will tell the server what character is stuck to what quest. So make a new entry by clicking the pluss sign on the bottom. In the Id Column enter the entryId of the character you want to have as the questgiver. Which is Marshal Dughan (his EntryId is 240).

Then in the Quest column enter the EntryId of your quest (which if you follow this tutorial to the letter should be 95000).

Now if you want you can go into the game and see Marshal Dughan and see if he has the quest you created. You can accept the quest and see if you get the required item too but remember to delete the quest before logging back out.

Ok now for the final step. You need to tell the server who you want to go to to complete the quest. (this can be the same character as the questgiver)

For this double-click Creature_InvolvedRelation. You will see it looks just like the previous page. We want you to take the sword to Wilder Thistlenettle (his EntryId is 656). So put that in the first column. Then enter the quests EntryId in the second column (the EntryId for the quest is 95000).

Quit navicat, then exit your MySQL server and restart it. Go into the game and test if the quest works. If it does congratulations you have just made your very first custom quest. I know I didn’t answer everything in this tutorial but I hope I got some people started o nthe right foot here. Since there is so little found on making custom quests this is a least something. Hope you enjoy. If you know something more please share it with everyone and maybe we can all figure out how everything for the questmaking works.

(PPS: Do NOT rep me, Rep Batman )

Dragon[Sky] can get into our signatures, AND our pants.

[  :Creating Custom Quests for Dummies: ]
    Simox's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks awesome, nice work to the guy who made it.