0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to make your own Treasure Chests

This is my first guide, and seeing how I am always looking for help on inserting, and creating things on a Ascent Server, I wanted to do my part and make my first Guide.

I will show you how to insert any item (Custom or Retail) into a Chest. This is pretty simple and I will attempt to give you a easy to follow step by step guide.

First:
    Go into your Database (I use MySql), and goto the gobject_names table and search for the object (chest) you wish to use (as shown below):
    (Remember the object's entry ID, u will need this)

Once you have the object that you want to use, simply change the name of that object to whatever you want to name it (in this case I will name mine Treasure Chest).

Next:

Goto the objectloot table, here you will need to (Cntrl/F) and search for the object entry ID (this is the ID that you saved in the first step).

You will (should) see a list of items (in yellow) that are currently listed added into this chest.

here you will concentrate on 3 diffferent columns only (entryid - itemid - percentchance).
    Scroll to the bottom of the list where the entryid (in yellow) stops, this will give u a indication on just how many items this chest will have inside in random. Starting at the very first (top) entryid listing, tab over to the "itemid" and place the item you wish to have placed inside the chest, then tab to "percentchance" and type your percent of getting this in the chest, (remember the higher the percent, the more often that item will be in the chest).

Now simply do the same for each item that you would like to have in the chest, once you have finished with the amount of items you want inside, simply place a 0 in the rest of the "percentchance" for the rest of the items that are listed. This will make it so those items never show inside your chest.

Now your finished, simply go into your server, find a spot or spots you wish for these chests to be and type ".gobject spawn id#" and your chest is now created and all your items will be randomly inserted.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This may not be the greates guide to follow, or even the proper way, but I have used this method and still do and I haven't had any problems on my server.

Good Luck ! ! !

How to make your own Treasure Chests
    upirlichy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ill try this later. I have some ideas for it, thanks for posting. +rep

Medzii's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or you can just make a new object with type 3 and display id 239. Then add loot to it in object loot. Then you dont have to lookup the stuff
    The end is close...
    Take a step back

onsight's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice One, Very Usefull For Me As I Run Event's, Very Easy To Follow.

Thank's =]