0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    10characters
    Last edited by idahoki; 11-09-2021 at 04:39 PM.

TrinityCore NPCBots Repack (Update 25-06-2020)
  2. Thanks higgou (1 members gave Thanks to idahoki for this useful post)
    DiscostewSM's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by skuly View Post
    Um that is under "void bot_ai::MoveBehind(Unit const* target) const" I am pretty sure it doesn't "exist" until called by bot_mage_ai.cpp (Priest,Hunter,Warlock,Druid etc)
    MoveBehind(opponent);

And Autoloot when enabled loots everything within 30 meters. even if you one see one window with a few items if there are a lot of corpses with loot around then all the loot should get mailed.

I suggest you use the fixed exe I made because AOE.LOOT.mail = 0 made everything get deleted, so I made AOE.LOOT.mail = 1 ignore greys and unique items won't be mailed anymore.

And the autolooting happens when an item in the loot window gets clicked on.
    I'm just saying that if that subroutine being called by ranged classes is what's causing their behavior, then why does that subroutine have a check in it that basically tells it not to proceed if the role of the npc bot includes being ranged? Doesn't everything in that if statement need to be equal to FALSE (or 0) in order to continue executing MoveBehind rather than exiting it?

As for AoE Looting, I am using the newer exe, but I just figured out what the problem was. IT works when solo, but not when within a group of npcbots (or in a group in general, even with loot being set to FFA).

skuly's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    6/64
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by idahoki View Post
    Attachment 79226
    Here, i've changed the limit in client's archives but i can't get more quests because of the server's limits i guess. I've changed values in interface/FrameXML/QuestLogFrame.lua
    Attachment 79227
    I think its a It a client limit, Idk if interface/FrameXML/QuestLogFrame.lua will fix it but I can increase the limit in the server and give you a new exe to try. Are you using my update 11?
    Last edited by skuly; 10-26-2021 at 05:45 AM.
    My Discord Server | https://discord.gg/VtrVvVjCPH

My Repack's Mega (Only need newest Update) - http://tinyurl.com/skulyrepack

Thanks G/R
    6/64
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by DiscostewSM View Post
    I'm just saying that if that subroutine being called by ranged classes is what's causing their behavior, then why does that subroutine have a check in it that basically tells it not to proceed if the role of the npc bot includes being ranged? Doesn't everything in that if statement need to be equal to FALSE (or 0) in order to continue executing MoveBehind rather than exiting it?
    Yeah I think you are right, HasRole(BOT_ROLE_RANGED) should mean ranged bots wouldn't movebehind.

idahoki's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think its a It a client limit, Idk if interface/FrameXML/QuestLogFrame.lua will fix it but I can increase the limit in the server and give you a new exe to try. Are you using my update 11?
    I use 11.2. Sure i can check for science.

Thanks G/R
    6/64
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by idahoki View Post
    I use 11.2. Sure i can check for science.
    Ok here is a worldserver.exe where I went to QuestDef.h and changed MAX_QUEST_LOG_SIZE from 25 to 99.
    I'm not sure if its the wow.exe setting the limit or some file(s) inside MPQ's

DOWNLOAD

Fargos90's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey I have one more question. How can I change the numbers needed for opening battlegrounds? In the world config I can change them in the battleground templates but I don't know where to find these.

idahoki's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok here is a worldserver.exe where I went to QuestDef.h and changed MAX_QUEST_LOG_SIZE from 25 to 99.
    I'm not sure if its the wow.exe setting the limit or some file(s) inside MPQ's

DOWNLOAD
    Doesn't work at all. The next quest over the limit of 25 goes nowhere and i can't cancel or even to see it in log. Should be hardcoded in wow.exe you're right. So neverming.

idahoki's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Fargos90 View Post
    hey I have one more question. How can I change the numbers needed for opening battlegrounds? In the world config I can change them in the battleground templates but I don't know where to find these.
    You need to get access to the DB, use HeidiSQL for example.
    battleground.jpg
    heidisql.jpg
    Last edited by idahoki; 10-26-2021 at 05:46 PM.

11. Thanks skuly (1 members gave Thanks to idahoki for this useful post)
    EterniaLloyd's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    12/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I think you are right, HasRole(BOT_ROLE_RANGED) should mean ranged bots wouldn't movebehind.
    I've also noticed this problem a lot since I've started running dungeons with the bots. If I'm understanding this all correctly, bots with the Ranged role are constantly running way past enemies because they're trying to avoid cleave and cone AoE? Is there any fix for this, or is it something trickerer has to update with their bots? Ideally there would just be a toggle (probably in formation settings) for trying to be behind the target. I didn't see it in the issue tracker on GitHub, so does it still need to be reported?

DiscostewSM's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by EterniaLloyd View Post
    I've also noticed this problem a lot since I've started running dungeons with the bots. If I'm understanding this all correctly, bots with the Ranged role are constantly running way past enemies because they're trying to avoid cleave and cone AoE? Is there any fix for this, or is it something trickerer has to update with their bots? Ideally there would just be a toggle (probably in formation settings) for trying to be behind the target. I didn't see it in the issue tracker on GitHub, so does it still need to be reported?
    I never got around to reporting it, but it is sort of odd that it's never been brought up before. The way I understand it, when the bots engage, they immediately get into "position". A tank bot would run through the target enemy in order to turn the enemy around, but with all other bots, they are also moving into position based on the tank's position and direction before the tank is in position. So what happens is that from their perspective at the start of an engagement, they are behind the tank, but in front of the enemy, so they must run to the opposite side of the enemy by picking a point, and then they proceed to run to that point, no stopping. By the time they reach that point, the tank is now in position, so the range do another check, which unfortunately means they are again behind the tank but in front of the enemy, so they move once again to a point behind the enemy.

I can think of a few things that could be implemented:

1) Give non-tank bots an "engage delay" timer before moving into position.
    2) Give tanks (and tank bots) a mean to inform other bots that they are in position when first engaging.
    3) Allow periodic position updating during a bot's trip to their designated position.

EterniaLloyd's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    12/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by DiscostewSM View Post
    I never got around to reporting it, but it is sort of odd that it's never been brought up before. The way I understand it, when the bots engage, they immediately get into "position". A tank bot would run through the target enemy in order to turn the enemy around, but with all other bots, they are also moving into position based on the tank's position and direction before the tank is in position. So what happens is that from their perspective at the start of an engagement, they are behind the tank, but in front of the enemy, so they must run to the opposite side of the enemy by picking a point, and then they proceed to run to that point, no stopping. By the time they reach that point, the tank is now in position, so the range do another check, which unfortunately means they are again behind the tank but in front of the enemy, so they move once again to a point behind the enemy.

I can think of a few things that could be implemented:

1) Give non-tank bots an "engage delay" timer before moving into position.
    2) Give tanks (and tank bots) a mean to inform other bots that they are in position when first engaging.
    3) Allow periodic position updating during a bot's trip to their designated position.
    Yes, that's exactly what I've been experiencing. Even when I'm playing tank and I try to point the mob away immediately, they still run past it anyway, and then run back. I like your three options, though I stand by (what I assume to be the easiest solution) that it might as well be a toggle in the menu since most encounters won't have a significant concern about cleave/cone AoE. I just want them to stop running around like headless chickens, lol.

PlayMinecraft's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

I'd first like to express how incredibly grateful I am to be hosting / playing this awesome repack! I have a few questions:

1. One of my players periodically has one or several of their bots vanish and is unable to get them back with .npcb hide / show. The worldserver shows a corrupt packed from client error. If I restart the server, the bot comes right back. Anyone have a fix that doesn't require a restart?

2. We are currently playing with AutoBalance turned off, but I'd like to start experimenting with it. Would you please consider updating AutoBalance to include the RaidsOnly option in worldserver.conf? feat: add "RaidsOnly" config option . mserajnik/mod-autobalance@ca34496 . GitHub

3. If it's not possible to add the RaidsOnly option, does anyone have a suggestion to easily modify Naxxramas so that it's difficulty is on par with a Heroic Dungeon (wotlk era)? Naxx is such a cool raid, but I don't see any reason for players to run it when they can get better gear from group content.

Thank you for all the updates and support provided!

Thanks G/R
    6/64
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by PlayMinecraft View Post
    Naxx is such a cool raid, but I don't see any reason for players to run it when they can get better gear from group content.
    Maybe you could add loot to the loot table of creatures/bosses or create custom quests to make things more worthwhile.

PlayMinecraft's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe you could add loot to the loot table of creatures/bosses or create custom quests to make things more worthwhile.
    For anyone curious; I followed some advice from the post in the autobalance github and set the inflection point for all categories of instances except 10M Normals to -0.5. Leaving all other settings at their default, I rebooted my server and the mobs in dungeons / heroics seem to be unchanged, but the 10M normal dungeons I tested (Naxx and Onyxia) are scaled down to a bit more difficult than a heroic wotlk dungeon. Although I originally only wanted to change Naxx, I really like the idea that players can experience some raid content by themselves and get familiar with some of the mechanics so they feel prepared to group with others and attempt the harder difficulties!