Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread will almost guaranteed be locked, or removed, quite soon.
    Good. I'm sure thats what everyone that has read the thread wants.

I live in a shoe

RE: NCDB for WOTLK
    madhavok09's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People really need to look over things before posting. I can see from both sides right now. Here's my OPINION:

NCBD: Think of it this way. You have a lemonade stand, and since you are nice, you give it out for free. You trying to figure out a way to make it taste better, and you charge people for the "experimental" lemonade. In return, they tell you how it is. They say, "it's too sweet," or "there's not enough lemon in it, it's too watery." With their money, and opinions, you can figure out how to make it a lot better. How would you feel if someone paid for that lemonade and starting handing it out to a lot of other people? Wouldn't you want to stop letting people who paid for the lemonade get to it and keep it for yourself? NCDB is just trying to get help from the community in two ways: money for their expenses and help testing the new DB. I mean, yeah, I'm sure people with money that love their DB won't mind throwing in a few bucks to help them out, but why not give them something back in return? They don't have to give it out. It's called developmental for a reason. I'm sure NCDB devs asked the admins here to take it off, if not they probably saw they took their dev DB offline and realized that was a sign that they weren't happy.

Now for the other side: So what if it was leaked, it was going to happen anyways. If you try to keep something private, someone will get it out there for everyone. It's like telling a secret to a few friends. If one of them decides to tell their best friend, pretty soon it's not so secret anymore. Same applies to WoW emulation. If a DB community decides to keep their dev a secret, but gives it out to people that can toss in some pennies, it's bound to happen that someone will leak it. There is no stopping it.

Here's what I say about all the biased opinions:

Before you say one word, look at both sides. I love NCDB and I'm ready to see their SVN and toss it on my server. But just because I like it, doesn't mean I totally side with them. Think of yourself as a judge; you must look at both sides of the table.

Go ahead, flame me. I'm waiting.

Karyuudo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how about this? anyone who posts in this topic after this post, excluding moderators, FAILS

hell this isnt even the right forum, this should be in the EMU discussion forum FFS
    Retired Owner of Apex-WoW

Errage's Avatar Contributor Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn, all you emulation guys are hard asses. I bet if most of you guys put as much time into your work as you did your bitching at everybody else, emulation would be so much better. Quit the flaming you damn drama whores, and post in the right section, this most certainly is not an emulation release.
    I used to be a Super Mod. Now I'm just Super, thanks for asking.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123