Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why is everyone moaning so much lol... Im in the middle and can see both sides of the story but still Agree with NCDB.. The views seem to be..

1: The leech: It is not the job of this forum to police releases from other projects- But since you have on this 1 occasion I think you lost respect from many menbers. Its one big contradiction to what the forum stands for. Either have a policy that bans every leak from every project or dont ban any.

2: The Dev: NCDB's project is their own property. They allow you to use it and they do a damn good job of developing the DB. If they want to hold back a release to raise some donations then thats is fine and sound business. Its not like thay are asking for much. It is the only reason its not released.

3: The end user: I dont care, just gimme wotlk ffs! I will steal, kill and post crap on forums to get my fix!, then I will stand on you, kick you in the nuts and call you friend.

The result.. Everyone has their own opinion so grow up and stop bitching about it. Fact is NCDB can do what they like, when they like. So please dont post leaks from projects. Let them get the due's that they have bloody well earned.

Edit: how the hell did I get rep? I was proud of my leech

Oggranarr's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fact that they will release it after its done will have to do.

Karyuudo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly.

The Good: NC-DB isn't going underground, they are going to keep Developing

The Bad: I wish Kishkumen would burn in hell for being an attention seeker

The Ugly: Whoever he got the Leak from, that ******* ruined it for everyone else.
    Retired Owner of Apex-WoW

riizu's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I completely and utterly have to agree with Insainz. I don't agree with the whole donor acess only at the moment, but in the real world everything doesn't always go your way and people need to make money in order to pay for other things. In this case, server costs. I hope. I've seen donations used improperly but NCDB has been around as long as I have and based off Terranet. I trust em, and I think everyone else should based on their past work. Back to the subject of Donor Acess though, this goes against the community I think. I mean, the WoW Emu community is supposed to be characterized by help, support, and working towards the advent of an excellent emulator. Everything is supposed to be open, but, this is the choice of NCDB and we should stick by it. To the leaking, GTFO mate. Any form of leaking a closed project, NCDB or not, is stupid. It was their choice, don't figuritively throw sh** in their face because you don't wanna pay ten dollars. I don't either, but thats a personal issue, and not NCDB or any other closed projects fault. I personally hope that NCDB and the rest of our great community will move past this and all the other issues plaguing us at the moment. (Leeching, no respect, no unity, ect. A great example of this is a post made over on the ArcEmu forums by Hasbro.)

farter's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if u follow the link posted earlier in this thread to nc's forum u will see that the dev svn has been currently taken offline and donators don't have access to it for the moment. all it takes is one bad apple. me i totally respect what they are doing and im gonna wait until a release. but thats what i think. opinions are like *******s everyones got one so stop the flamage about the whole thing or im gonna cry and when i cry i get a runny nose and if i get a runny nose it might leak on my keyboard and then i won't be able to play wotlk.

zackorion15's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the end NCDB should have been more intelligent and seen the leak coming a mile away. I guess they just wanted more money so they took the risk. I find that very un-cool. NEVER give such things to donors only, it causes crap like this.

ViND_'s Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dissapear

Enough said.

privatemike's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I have to say will probably get flamed all to hell but I don't care...

There should not be cause for a leak because it shouldn’t be private in the first place, if they want to take donations that sounds great, I gave them 5 bucks yesterday, but they should not be holding back...

If they were smart then they would offer support for the new content instead of the content itself. Then it wouldn't matter if there was a leak and im sure that people would pay for support.

If more people are playing with that code then someone will find the bugs that need finding and it will be included in some repack or re-released with fixes.

Keeping development private takes away from the educational benefits that could be gained by other db creators and slows down the whole progress of emu.

Whats the point of private dev? Just so you can say look we did it first? Or to milk some bucks from some peeps?

Since im a college student i don't have 20 bucks to give...I had 5 and gladly gave it, why should i not be able to play with the code?

I like this community but if they started saying "only you people with money to throw away on buggy crap your gonna have to fix or replace in a few weeks can view the good stuff, that is till we can't make any money off it anymore an then we will release it to your poor broke sonsabiches" I would be gone in a blink.

I think everyone need to remember this is about learning how to develop this type of thing not the money we can make or that someone might loose, if everyone is so righteous then we shouldn’t be "stealing" Blizzards intellectual property and quit emu altogether.

Didn't all this wotlk development start with a leak of the beta ???

All the people whining sould really consider what it would be like if eveyone made you pay for access to information, im betting emu would die or find new places to "leak" the info where people could help each other.
    Last edited by privatemike; 11-20-2008 at 06:04 PM.

Zolar1's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My question is who didnt know this would happen? Im a server owner have been since the start of wowemulation and Im a member at ncdb and a donator the drama continues back an forth as it always has when they gave donators access to the dev svn it was set in stone then that there would be a leak--- just didnt say exactly when or where

Oggranarr's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NCDB will keep on developing and when they finish, they will release it to the public. But they do not want others to claim what they worked on for so long.
    so just wait till its done and just let them be for now.

And btw, They could have expected this to happen.. true.

saying this again, They Will release it AFTER it is done!
    Last edited by Oggranarr; 11-20-2008 at 06:13 PM.

volitle's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol im suprised this thread hasnt been deleted but yeh they asked all people not to share until it was fully completed due to they dont want a mass of bug reports, flaming thread. some people really should get a grip on thier life before proceeding with thier un called for and selfish actions.

Sounddead's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is in the PROCESS of being developed. It is not finished yet, and therfor, why would you release it to the general public? They decided that instead of releasing a piece of shit DB that they would hold off, work on it, and release something that might actually be of some value to everyone in the emulation community.

Donating for access is the choice of the user. They don't tell you to donate, but many people actaully realized that it might be something worth donating for. They give you access to the dev svn, and you can get a little taste of what is to come.

****. People don't respect SHIT anymore. Its like this community has gained a whole bunch of rep hungry 12 year olds. It's really quite sad what WoW emulation is turning into.
    Last edited by Sounddead; 11-20-2008 at 07:35 PM.

I live in a shoe

Ziddy1337's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    4/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sounddead View Post
    It is in the PROCESS of being developed. It is not finished yet, and therfor, why would you release it to the general public? They decided that instead of releasing a piece of shit DB that they would hold off, work on it, and release something that might actually be of some value to everyone in the emulation community.

Donating for access is the choice of the user. They don't tell you to donate, but many people actaully realized that it might be something worth donating for. They give you access to the dev svn, and you can get a little taste of what is to come.

****. People don't respect SHIT anymore. Its like this community has gained a whole bunch of rep hungry 12 year olds. It's really quite sad what WoW emulation is turning into.
    /Agree 100%.

And with that, the thread comes to its end. (It should, anyway.)

Hellgawd's Avatar Account not activated by Email
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HOLY HELL ON A STICK! Everyone just shut up!
    The thread,when reported en masse, was decided by Administrators / Moderators to be an acceptable thread, and that the leak WOULD BE ALLOWED.
    However, they decided to completely get rid of it merely because of the large amount of fighting and flaming going on between the two different sides.
    Threads like this, that just promote one side of an argument or another, are entirely useless. This thread will almost guaranteed be locked, or removed, quite soon.
    So please, have a seat over there, and shut your traps.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast