Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    K..i deleted the "15000" from the end of the Portales.lua file...still portals dont work..
    AHHH help?!

[Release] Spartansp Repack V4 ascent 3940
    Spartansp's Avatar Account not activated by Email
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by roadcrash1 View Post
    is there any chance of you uploading just the goldensun city sql? i cant get the entire repack working but i would love to have the city
    there is already released somewhere... just search it its [Release] Goldensun city

Originally Posted by Krazypencil View Post
    K..i deleted the "15000" from the end of the Portales.lua file...still portals dont work..
    AHHH help?!

mmmm weird that was what was going wrong in my computer... so i dont have any clue sorry

Laveciar's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Portals

Ok, well the portal situation in the spartans city to go to the alliance and horde mall don't work but this is a simple fix, if you don't know it yet .recall port gm1 that will take you to the horde mall I believe, have god mode on if your alliance and go .invis. Once there, simply type

Code:
    .gps
    take the numbers you get there for gm1 and simply put them into the portals.lua files under the appropriate portal for horde mall. then swim to the nearest island that is the alliance mall and repeat the same as you did for the horde mall.

Make sure that you save the .lua file. (you can use notepad to edit the .lua files)

Then simply restart the server and the portals to the horde and alliance mall should work just fine.

If you guys are still having lots of trouble with this I will upload a new portals file so that you can just download and install without having to edit. Just let me know its actually a pretty easy fix.

And Spartansp you are the man, I am absolutely loving this repack I am currently editing it to fit my needs for my funserver and its amazing. As for alot of the bosses and mobs in the custom instances like scarlet's hand and stormwind vault and such not having any loot sometimes the creature_loot table just gets fuxored and don't copy. Its pretty easy to redo, just find a program that lets you edit the creature_loot table in the dbase and insert your own loot. I much rather do it that way this way I can control what the mobs drop such as custom eq or tokens and what not that I have created.

Hope this helps some of you out.

Cheers

Laveciar

*Note if your still having issues with the portals please send me a pm and i'll gladly post up the fixes and stuff for it.*

Spartansp's Avatar Account not activated by Email
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for helping people laveciar i will also say that this repack doesnt work fine with 2.4 of WOW im actually working on one right now... with same things of this plus some things more..., but it will take some time though... im telling you this cause a lot of people in msn is asking me so its easier if everyone see it here

Laveciar's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a problem Spartan, I currently use this repack for a funserver pack that I have created, I fixed up both of the alliance mall and horde mall vendors that were throwing wow errors, and used Illidan's Path of Glory Vendors to replace the current ones and I must say it looks completely awesome. I've also fixed up Stormwind Vault another one of Illidan's Instances that came with the repack to include new NPC's as well as included lots of new loot. I love this repack, I did run into a few problems with it, such as I think it was core related when people would log in they would be frozen in place and unable to move, checked it out they were getting WaterBreathing hack warnings and instantly disconnected. So I just simply added WaterBreathing="0" to the ascent-world.conf files and this fixed this issue completely. There were a few other bugs such as the Admin sword being to over powered that it would revert to - numbers in damage and you would just sit there and swing away all day and not hit a level 1 npc. I changed it up and it works beautiful. I also am currently working on editing a few things you have in your obstacle courses. As well as I made the server instant 90 so I removed the Leveling road as there was really no need for it. I am currently looking at replacing the leveling road with another custom area.

I just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to make this repack, and I am patiently waiting to see what you come out with for V5 for 2.4.1 I have 900 people asking me when we going to go to 2.4.1, I keep telling them when Spartan comes out with it, rather enjoy your repacks over most as I know that alot of time and effort goes into it and that its not going to be just crap.

Cheers

Laveciar

Btw, I posted a new portals fix in a new topic that used a new .lua files for both alliance mall and horde mall so that people can just insert it into there scripts file and use the same item numbers for the portals. I used Gastric Pengquins guide along time ago to learn how to do the .lua for the portals and I must say that he's simply amazing as well. Anyways Peace.

nader's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey when i log on it say handshaking thats it and i never log in someone please help me please!!!!

Laveciar's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by nader View Post
    hey when i log on it say handshaking thats it and i never log in someone please help me please!!!!
    Firstly, what version of WoW are you using this repack supports 2.3.3 and NOT 2.4.1! So if you have patched up to 2.4.1 you will get stuck at handshaking forever and never get to log in.

Secondly, have you tried clearing your cache folder in your world of warcraft directory?

Thirdly, Try hitting cancel and clicking on your realm and hit enter a few times, sometimes it just hangs up for no apparent reason.

If you have tried all of this and are not patched up to 2.4.1 then I guess my friend you have configured your files wrong.

Little more information would be helpful though.

Cheers

Laveciar

nader's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey u know any repacks tht work for 2.4.1

Laveciar's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by nader View Post
    hey u know any repacks tht work for 2.4.1
    I suggest you search mmowned for 2.4.1 and find the repacks that way. I am sure there are quite a few that are listed on the first page.

Cheers

axxo135's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GooooooooD job man spartansp, Illidan1 and succy 4Ever BEST!

jackdaripper's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Helmi101 View Post
    u have got an email

nice work man =) +rep
    dude lechers can give rep!

omrazo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i use it very good

Prône's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey i get this bug when i try to open any of the .exe files in the ascent folder...

my own translating : This Program could not start because of a wrong program configuration. U can posible solve the problem by reinstalling the program again.

so what to do? i would really love to get this server running..
    Last edited by Prône; 06-07-2008 at 03:37 PM. Reason: forgot to say it was danish..

jewbacca089's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    do you have .netframework 3.5? that fixed my issues.

oldman205's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I keep gettin handshaking on logon is this 2.4.x?

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast