0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Discussion] About the Server Hacking

Welcome to my little discussion corner, and today I want to talk and discuss about the server hacking.

Information:

As you all know, server hacking have been going on for a long time.
    But, now the hacking has increased and there is many more servers who hack eachother.
    In the beginning when people really starting hacking the servers, wasn't it for revenge? An old GM got "fired" and wanted to have a revenge? Maybe an players got banned for something he/she didn't do?
    But latley the servers have turned alot against eachother and have started hacking eachother.

After thinking a long, long time. I thought of some reasons why servers hack eachother...
    1. To get the players, all servers want alot of players right? And Right now all people are pretty greedy. And I think many servers don't really care about the players they get... They want the donations...
    2. Revenge!!!! Once again, maybe someone was Admin, Developer or GM on another server when they kicked/fired him/her. The Admin/Developer/GM think they have alot more to give, and want "the big cash".
    And they ofcourse will find the "perfect" way to both get alot of players that will result to high donations and get revenge... Hacking other servers.
    3. Nearlly all servers want to be #1 and rule the server world, but they ofcourse as in "reason 1" want the donations, they want to be #1. So once again, a "perfect" way to get to that high position in the rankings is to hack out other servers and hope that they won't take the server up again.

I have always been against hacking, even if I think it is really funny when a pathetic site where 50 000 Teenagers are sitting 24/7 gets hacked.

But I do think this is very pathetic, why do we hack servers? Should'nt we work together? Aren't we all law breaking guys who try to make something special for our fellow players?

When I started with private servers after alot of retail experiance i though it was a cool, new and pretty exciting thing to do.
    I remember that I started playing on a small server, was pretty nooby, but I enjoyed playing there.

I decided that I wanted to go further and make a GM application, I got accepted on a really great server, that I still love but don't play on anymore. I loved helping players and other people that was "noobs", just like I was once upon the time.
    But, I did'nt realise that there existed any kind of developing untill, me and a fellow GM on the server built our house. She told me alot about things in SQL, but still... I just imagined how a database looked like. But, I decided I wanted to see, I researched alot about this and then downloaded a repack and created my very first items.

But, even if you think I am on a whole diffrent subject now. I am still talking about this.

After 4 months on this server, it got hacked. We all got pissed of, and this was the first time I have never seen something like this kind of hacking, deleting... Everything!
    We all got upset and pissed of... The server lost many good GM's...

So, I have a deep and very aggresiv feeling against hackers.

As I said, we all should atleast work together. We don't need to create a super, imba, mega... yeah whatever... server...
    Why don't we just let the players decide where they wanna play?
    Don't tell them where to play or not!

I nearlly forgot all about this first hack, but today everything started.
    I was just browsing around on diffrent server websites. Then on this servers website, WoW Legends, I saw in the news that the server Rebel WoW Hacked them, But... They are talking about that AniWoW Hacked Rebel WoW? So... Why do we hack eachother?
    Why not let that dumb people who want their revenge, hack a server... Crash it 2-3 times. Then they are done!

Why do other servers need to delete everything on another server?
    Is that fair?
    A server like AniWoW, It may suck with DC:S every 5th minute, but they are in Top 5 and have been on #1. So, Do they need to start hack smaller servers just because they are sinking in rank?

So here today, I start a "organization" against hacking and servers who hack and I wanna help to protect servers who wanna have a fair play and try to just get players to join through being a great server!

I don't want you all here on MMOwned to go and hack the servers who hack... I just want you guys here to think about it!

But just tell me what you think of this, I would really like some of your opinions!

Thanks for your time, Succy
    Last edited by Succy; 02-01-2008 at 11:07 PM.

[Discussion] About the Server Hacking
    Clain's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well considering rebelwow, aniwow, and dominionwow...Thats out of control. No one will work together because they want to be number one. not share and comit with anyone.

Festigio's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very well put Succy. I totally agree with your opinion. I believe server hacking is just what someone must do to get either a smaller or larger server, which is just Pathetic! This idea of an "Organization" to protect servers is a Stupendous thought. I do have a question though: How would you and the organization help protect servers from hackings?

Succy's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The organization will not really "protect" them.
    The main thing is we will help servers to rebuild. And because we here are a big community we could help the servers to keep their members when they rebuild or repairing.
    The most of this post is just that I want you too give opinions how we could help servers.

~SaiLyn~'s Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We tooked down all 3 Rebelwow Realms today completly for trying to hack us WoW - Legends , they even switch hosters

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, I see now. My Idea of how we could help servers rebuild is by gathering many people that have the knowledge and capabilities for customizing certain sections of the database, give ideas on new gear, malls, etc. But, Thats just my opinion! Lets get some more feedback people!

Succy's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First of all Ascended, I have talked to SirKhan and I know you hacked back. But I don't think that is a soulution, even if they have alot of problems.
    Then festigo, I really like your idea and I agree with you. We have alot of people with skills here that is trustable!

TheGnomishShaman's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    We tooked down all 3 Rebelwow Realms today completly for trying to hack us WoW - Legends , they even switch hosters

Good

RebelWoW are ******s for trying to hack you

Edit: I am happy you hacked them back but I kinda want everyone to stop hacking
    Rebel WoW really just needs to leave everyone alone

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We only hacked because they tried to shut us for good , DDOS us , spamming everything..

Funny is that they DDOS us and than spam saying that the server is lagging and all that.

They also were spanning that they had 0 disconnect and 0 lagg , well so much for 0 disconnect that all 3 realms was taken down.

Succy I know it aint the solution , but hopefully thei'll learn that we could actually bring them down. They couldnt event bring it down
    Ah w/e if they like playing so do I , i'l take them down everytime they try us again

Equ1N0X's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is very informative, but there are exceptions, and to us server owners who have seen his wrath, the following word rings the echoes of The tolling reaper of servers:

Illidari.

Succy's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also hope that they learn a lesson, but we are a big community and if servers like Rebel WoW don't learn lessons, we will need to teach them a lesson with "Violence" :P

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indeed, If All else fails, Violence Is the Final Choice.

Equ1N0X's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm taking action towards destroying Rebelwow completely/

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Equ1N0X View Post
    I'm taking action towards destroying Rebelwow completely/
    Their in my #1 list to Destroy after what they did today to us.

joric's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im still waiting for wow-legends to be back up. rebelwow must come down forever.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast