0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help with MySQL, keeps saying I can't start a Windows Service

Hey guys, I need help, because I've been working on making a private server, and no matter what I do, I always get stuck at one part...MySQL. I once had MySQL up and I use to have a private server as well, so I think this has to do with not uninstalling correctly, but when I try to make a new server, I choose make as a Windows Service, enter a password, and when I execute, it either says "x" to start service, or "x" to apply security settings. The message for start service is "could not start the service MySQL. Error: 0", and I haven't gotten back to the apply security settings one, but it has to do with no access to access@localhost, and the password being either yes or no, it's really wierd. If anyone can help me out, I'd be so grateful.

Help with MySQL, keeps saying I can't start a Windows Service
    weaselking1973's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Help with MySQL, keeps saying I can't start a Windows Service

basicaly what happened is it didn't uninslatt like you wanted it

you have 2 ways to do this.

1st - full uninstall from the control panel, then ensure that the files were removed from the directory C:\program files\mysql\

2nd option requires you to know the old SQL database password. and do it like this.
    start msql
    standard service
    go all the way to the error and cancel
    start the MySQL from the program menu icon "my sql server configure wizard"
    select the reconfigure option
    standard
    then when it gets to the password, you will have a new box to enter the OLD password, then the new and confirm
    now start it
    Last edited by weaselking1973; 11-11-2007 at 02:44 PM.
    "In the event of an emergency, dont ask me, I crashed my server a few hundered times before I realized kicking the CPU wont make it work"

pet mod guide Maps For Blondes creating weapons Hunter set

Redviper2321's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Help with MySQL, keeps saying I can't start a Windows Service

I can't do #2, and number one wouldn't work for me until I did this, I got this help from a guy called reaper-x, who says (just in case anyone has this again)

"btw to those who’s experiencing mysql error 0 try doing this : 1. Make sure there’s no mysql process in task manager process list tab (if you use repack that include mysql)
    2. If you still have mysql installed, try running the server instance config wizard and choose to REMOVE THE INSTANCE
    3. Now exit from server instance config wizard, and then go into add/remove program and uninstall MySQL
    4. Now delete everything from the previous mysql installation directory (default C:\program files\mysql)
    5. Reinstall mysql once again
    To those who has uninstalled MySQL and still getting the same mysql error 0 message :
    1. open command prompt and type like below :
    services.msc
    and it’ll open another window, and see if there’s mysql service listed there and Make note of that service name (the default service name is MySQL)
    2. Now close the services window
    3. at the command prompt type :
    sc delete MySQL
    or adjust the mysql service name as shown previously
    and then make sure that the mysql service has been deleted, if it’s not you’ll need to restart your computer
    4. Uninstall MySQL via add remove program
    5. Delete everything from your mysql installation directory
    6. reinstall mysql
    that’s it "

here is the link to the site in case anyone else ever gets the problem: MySQL Installation and Configuration - Setting up Private WoW Server » Reaper-X .:[ ID ]:.

Thanks though for helping out!