Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which one you like more - Kronos or Nostalrius Begins?

Hello everyone,
    Just a few days ago I tried two new Classic WoW servers: "Kronos" and "Nostalrius Begins".
    They both look very nice, very good scripting, and 1x rate.
    I noticed that at peak hours (20:00 GMT to be more specific), Kronos has a population of 1,200 and Nostalrius has 5,400 which is quite huge.
    If you play on Nostalrius, you can see that questing areas are littered with skeletons and there are always 5-10 people questing in each such location. Many times the mobs are missing because other players killed them all.
    I have never seen such a high density of players on any other server, it looks very exciting to play there.

However I would like to know what you think about these two servers and how do you compare them?
    Both were launched in the same day - 28 February 2015 - what an interesting coincidence!

What server software they are using? CMangos or TrinityCore? or they have their own homebrew server software?

Thanks

Which one you like more - Kronos or Nostalrius Begins?
    cdmichaelb's Avatar Contributor CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    21/5
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nost fudges their numbers drastically, and seeds items to their AH. I haven't played there personally but I heard there are a lot of bugs with quests and raids.

I obviously prefer kronos. Very few bugged quests, MC and Ony went off without a hitch, only issues were extremely minor and not game breaking. Kronos also has dynamic spawning enable (like blizzard) so if there are more players questing in an area, the mobs respawn quicker.

Kronos launched almost a month after (on March 28th).

Kronos includes a type of wowhead specifically for vanilla, and also has a web armory.

I don't know what core either uses.

fearless123's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The obviously most blizzlike server is Nostalrius with their timeline, VANILLA mob respawner and not the dynamic like Kronos(which is again not blizzlike.
    A lot higher and healthier community.
    Blizzlike respect costs unlike Kronos.

If you want a nice blizzlke feeling, go Nostalrius
    if you want a nice vanilla feeling, go Kronos

samigreen's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have not tried Kronos, but I do enjoy playing on Nostalrius. Lot of players online, quests works fine in my opinion. Not sure how raids works since I am low lvl still, but so far so good. I do not ask for much except a large player base.

luizz's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'am powerleveler and I preffer Nostalrius Instead of Kronos.

Gemi's Avatar Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nostalrius FTW

BuloZB's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    25/4
    Trade Feedback
    17 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nostalrius better for me

Corthezz's Avatar Elite User Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    183/98
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kronos all the way. Everything else is dipshit
    Check my blog: https://zzuks.blogspot.com

Thanks G/R
    21/5
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by fearless123 View Post
    The obviously most blizzlike server is Nostalrius with their timeline, VANILLA mob respawner and not the dynamic like Kronos(which is again not blizzlike.
    A lot higher and healthier community.
    Blizzlike respect costs unlike Kronos.

If you want a nice blizzlke feeling, go Nostalrius
    if you want a nice vanilla feeling, go Kronos
    Dynamic Respawns were introduced in vanilla, I don't think immediately at launch, but shortly after when they realized how popular the game was. *Dynamic respawns were changed later to be much more... obvious, but in vanilla it did exist.

Kronos is also using a timeline.

Both servers are 1.12.1 which makes them entirely unblizzlike up until the real 1.12.1 content. (MC/Ony/BWL are going to be a breeze) 5 and 10 man dungeons are going to be a breeze. Drop rates of BOEs are going to look inflated.
    Last edited by cdmichaelb; 04-23-2015 at 11:45 AM.

SuperCPU's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by cdmichaelb View Post
    Nost fudges their numbers drastically, and seeds items to their AH.
    Sorry I don't want to be rude but it's quite visible that you are inventing things here.
    If you log in into Nostalrius, then you can see with your own eyes the huge population there. The population is easily 4 times bigger than Kronos - you can see just how many players are at each questing zone. Also the AH is full of people - never seen something like that.
    Gives a very good feeling to have so many people to play and to go to dungeons with. I'll try very hard to make sure I won't miss any new server launch from now on.
    Both servers and the teams who develop the servers have my sincere sympathy, I have no prejudice towards any of them, I'm just saying what I have seen there.

Thanks G/R
    21/5
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by SuperCPU View Post
    Sorry I don't want to be rude but it's quite visible that you are inventing things here.
    If you log in into Nostalrius, then you can see with your own eyes the huge population there. The population is easily 4 times bigger than Kronos - you can see just how many players are at each questing zone. Also the AH is full of people - never seen something like that.
    Gives a very good feeling to have so many people to play and to go to dungeons with. I'll try very hard to make sure I won't miss any new server launch from now on.
    Both servers and the teams who develop the servers have my sincere sympathy, I have no prejudice towards any of them, I'm just saying what I have seen there.
    I watched with my own eyes a Nost GM showing the .ahbot and .bot command (which are real modules btw, if you look around in the emulator forums here[I may have the commands wrong, I'm going by memory]) but the video was since taken down, it could be fake but it would have had to of been a very elaborate fake as he showed other private information. There's also the fact that allegedly the server software they are using can't support the numbers they are claiming without a massive rewrite.

I'm not denying it might have a huge population, but it's doubtfully as huge as it seems. I'm also not saying that fudging the numbers is bad either, because if a server looks populated more people will play on it.

Most of the people I'm playing with on Kronos quit nost because of the bugs, not because of any population issues, or corrupt gm issues. Kronos has so far been up the the quality of an official server, however the GMs of Kronos seem a bit novice when it comes to certain things (they don't understand how warden work???how???) and they seem to be ban happy in certain situations. I'd much prefer a unified server, because having lots of people is really nice, but that'll never happen.

SuperCPU's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, even if I was 100% right, I could have put it in a more respectful manner, sorry for that.
    In the questing areas where I have been I have only seen real people playing, none of them looked like a robot, and of course, I joined with many for quests - bots won't join you for doing quests.
    The biggest unified servers I've found until now were Molten-WoW and Feenix (someone said that MC-WoW merged with Feenix and became Al'Akir instant 60...)
    I think Molten has tens of thousands (between 10k and 20k I guess) of people connected in the same time. More than that would attract Blizzard attention, unfortunately. But I think it would be nice if smaller servers (example: Valkyrie, Rebirth) would unite and create better quality servers with better population.

Thanks G/R
    21/5
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by SuperCPU View Post
    Well, even if I was 100% right, I could have put it in a more respectful manner, sorry for that.
    In the questing areas where I have been I have only seen real people playing, none of them looked like a robot, and of course, I joined with many for quests - bots won't join you for doing quests.
    The biggest unified servers I've found until now were Molten-WoW and Feenix (someone said that MC-WoW merged with Feenix and became Al'Akir instant 60...)
    I think Molten has tens of thousands (between 10k and 20k I guess) of people connected in the same time. More than that would attract Blizzard attention, unfortunately. But I think it would be nice if smaller servers (example: Valkyrie, Rebirth) would unite and create better quality servers with better population.
    Yea there is no doubt nost is more populous, my only doubt is how populous it is. I'm not really playing for the end game (not yet anyway) so I'll probably checking out nost, raids won't be as bad as they were alleged to be. (Ragnaros not attacking ranged units for example)

ninizhebeg's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have not tried Kronos, but I do enjoy playing on Nostalrius.

unknown661's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I played on both up to lvl 20. Same class, same quests.

Kronos had less Player lags. Death aninmations are working on kronos and rfc was much better scripted.
    On nost the herb/Ore nodes really suck. I don't know why nost has more Players. Maybe better advertising, or because it exists longer.
    There are also a lot of small bugs I had on nost - npc spamming spellls, Social pulls not working ...
    The worst on nost is GRIZZLY - a guild which is exploiting to get 1st kills. And they don't get banned .

If you really want a vanilla like Server join kronos.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast