Thanks G/R
    4/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello.. I start project based on WoW BETA 0.11.0 (BETA3)
    I want to make one of most old servers and ppl to seen how is looking to play in BETA version of WoW.. i know many of you will say : Why you will make it ? and i will answer : Its is "BETA" but i think this is real WoW - simple and balanced .. its is fun to seen some unfinished territories , other interface and gameplay..

About Emulator :
    Its is C++ ..here is what work :Walking,Chatting,Invite and etc,Spawns- NPC Vendors Taxi ,Spells ,Items,duels,regeneration
    Need to be done Account system , Skills , Guild-not tested , Map and explore-not tested , script system

For this reason i'm looking C++ Dev's -
    I don't have big req bcs this is more to education purpose and for fun

Staff Recruitment Thread!
    Dponcii12's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your name: Nicholas or Nick
    Position applied for:GM or dev
    Email:dponcii12
    What coding languages do you know?: Java Phyton learning C++ at the moment
    What emulators have you worked with?: None
    Examples of your work: None
    Where have you worked before applying here?: I worked with my friend just a fun server we had max 300 people on that server dided i was a Head Gm and it was great
    What times are you available? - Please give approx times:

* Monday: N/A
    * Tuesday: 5:00pm 8:00pm PST
    * Wednesday: N/A
    * Thursday: 7:00pm 10m PST
    * Friday: 6:00pm 9:00pm PST
    * Saturday: 10:00am 9:00pm PST
    * Sunday: 12:00pm 6:00pm PST

Some extra info about me: ima kinda new to this if you would give me a chance and teach me i could be a really great dev and/or GM plus im taking CS course in collage

Moongal's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    deleted +++
    Last edited by Moongal; 11-28-2014 at 02:39 PM.

proviking's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you look for experienced admin, write me, my wage is 30gbp/h, its all i ask, will look for all kind of disapproved things and look fpr ppl who break server rules, hackin etc, have huge experience, retail 6yrs but started on beta, privates several years beyond when didn't used blizzcore, was also raid leader on official for several years. call me GB 07517537948, only serious offers, will sign ur official agreement and then work as the supervisor of all server you have.

beast007's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Greetings dear community!

We at Wrath-WoW are looking for dedicated, professional, serious, trustworthy, responsible and skilled developers.

Please beware that we are under development, so some how you are going to be part of team in all manners.

We assure you, this project is not "i just want my own server", but a long term project with stable roots, budget, ideas and a road map.

We preferably choose a person who didnot had his chance for his career in development.
    Depending on your background, skill, personality, communications skills maturity you have a good chance to be a permanent member of team.
    We will listen to everyone individually, ideas flow, suggestions or your opinion will be considered valuable.

We are currently recruiting:

• Core Dev
      You must be good and proficient in C++ and Trinity API
      You must have experience using professional tools (Github etc.)
      You have done some work in past either for the Trinity API or other C++ scripts
      Paid position available for highly experienced, active, and skilled applicants.
    • SQL Dev
      You must be familiar with your field well. TDB experience is a plus, but not required. Your queries must be clean, efficient, and they must be able to be re-run an infinite number of times without fail or duplication.
    • Web Dev
      PHP, MySQL, JQuery, JSON, Smarty, JavaScript Programming experience required
      Well paid position available for highly experienced, active, and skilled applicants.

• Builder
      Please show us your work (local work is enough) screenshots, video, etc. You should be creative, open for new inspirations, fresh minded, inventive, imaginative, ingenious and most important must know the affect, possiibilities of your work.

Technical Details of Server

Keep in mind this is only our development root.

HDD 2x 120 GB SSD
    CPU AMD Opteron 3365 Octacore
    RAM 24x Gigabyte RAM
    Mainboard MSI 760GM-E51
    Host Location: Europe

Now concerning Server road map, my apology but i am not going to make public all the ideas and intentions here.
    Some of you might not like this although i am more than glad to provide you detailed information in a direct conversation either via Teamspeak, skype or Forum.
    For now general Server infos:

• Trintiy Core 3.3.5a latest rev.
    • Custom Feature (Never seen in WoW) Blizzard is going to introduce that in future.
    • Custom Raids (Never seen)
    • Custom items
    • Custom Scripts
    • Unique and individual features
    • Any further informations will be provided to individuals in private.

Once again, you will be treated very individually and every one is a valued person for us.
    About our team, i assure you will be more than satisfied, feel the comfort and your respect among us.

Now you feel you got what it takes to set sail for a adventurous journey?
    We will be glad to have a small interviewing talk via Teamspeak or skype.

We are thankful for every support! Please avoid offtopic discussions.
    You may also apply at our Forums > Applications leaving us few details there.

With best Regards
    Wrath-WoW Team
    Beast
    Last edited by beast007; 01-16-2015 at 01:21 AM.

FlyinginZone's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey all,

I am looking to get into the WoW private server scene and start up a server (like you haven't heard that before).
    I have run very successful gaming servers in the past for different game categories but there was an limit as to how popular it could get and compared to WoW it was minuscule in numbers, I see some wow servers ranging from 20k-50k online count which is impressive to say the least.

Now from my past successes we have a budget ranging over $100,000 USD which I am looking to invest into a new WoW server, this would mean $100k will be put up to fund developers, marketing, site development etc the whole thing.

As I am completely new to the WoW private scene I am looking to get some info on specific details including the most popular expansions, the best emulator to base upon, CCU to Revenue conversion, how good are top servers development wise - like molten (read many bad things about them in regards to development), and just general info on pserver scene for WoW.

If you are an Admin, a developer, or just someone who has experience in the WoW private server scene please do let me know your contact details so we can get in touch and chat. If you have skype drop it as an reply.

Thanks for reading.

-Bleh

phantom325's Avatar Turtle Nation
    Thanks G/R
    81/162
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by FlyinginZone View Post
    Hey all,

I am looking to get into the WoW private server scene and start up a server (like you haven't heard that before).
    I have run very successful gaming servers in the past for different game categories but there was an limit as to how popular it could get and compared to WoW it was minuscule in numbers, I see some wow servers ranging from 20k-50k online count which is impressive to say the least.

Now from my past successes we have a budget ranging over $100,000 USD which I am looking to invest into a new WoW server, this would mean $100k will be put up to fund developers, marketing, site development etc the whole thing.

As I am completely new to the WoW private scene I am looking to get some info on specific details including the most popular expansions, the best emulator to base upon, CCU to Revenue conversion, how good are top servers development wise - like molten (read many bad things about them in regards to development), and just general info on pserver scene for WoW.

If you are an Admin, a developer, or just someone who has experience in the WoW private server scene please do let me know your contact details so we can get in touch and chat. If you have skype drop it as an reply.

Thanks for reading.

-Bleh
    In my opinion the most popular emulator currently is 3.3.5 (wotlk). However, we're lacking a good 2.4.3 progression server. Corecraft is working on it, but they've been in development for years now. I'll talk with you a bit more when I Get off of work, drop me your Skype in a PM.

Desiderium's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New Concept/project hiring help, willing to pay the right talent to see quality work on a deadline. Volunteers always welcome.

Need devs/system admins with a good work ethic.

Xanatosnemos at gmail
    ~Xanatos Nemos, Master of Shadows
    www.Ever-WoW.com

Droomi's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VEntureWoW - Overhaul? That's Putting it Lightly

VentureWoW

Maximum Ham Edition

Description

VentureWoW is an ambitious project aimed at designing a unique and exciting world while using the already vast base of lore Blizzard has affectionately defined since the birth of the Warcraft franchise. Set in a time before the events of Cataclysm but after the "death" of the Lich King, new stories unfold telling dynamic tales of happiness, sorrow, malice and more.

Beware, this post contains reading and dragons.

What I bring to the table

• Server administration
    • Website development
    • Database development
    • Core programming and Lua scripting
    • Creative writing and editing

Server Information

Core: TrinityCore
    Type: Custom; combat, spells, quests, mobs, NPCs
    Version: 3.3.5a
    Specifications: 3.4GHz CPU, 2GB RAM, 100GB HDD - EpicHosts Exlcusive VPS package (with added bonuses, 4 cores out of a 3 CPU Xenon E3-1245 V2 system)

Goals & Features

Read the entire feature list to get an idea of how various ideas works in unison. As features are completed, they will be highlighted in green.

There is a feasibility conclusion at the end of every section, as I know a lot of people are going to look at this feature set and go "yeah right" or "that's not possible".

1. Progression Basics & Combat

A. Combat system reworked to be more dynamic and give off a hack n' slash feel. Much higher skill ceiling and lower skill-floor over vanilla WoW where you can dodge, deflect, parry, dash and charge your way to victory. Choose your combat style but choose it wisely.

B. Players have a base health of 100 and most creatures have health within the same range, a boss for instance might only have 500 health but with lots of damage reduction and, due to the low base health of players, deadly abilities. Combat will be deadlier and harder, turning your attention away from the fight could result in a swift death. Related - 2. A.

C. Swing timers removed (actually just lengthened to insane amounts), attacks are based on ability usage. Related - 2. B.

D. Mana users have a base mana pool of 100, it recharges at higher rate and the majority of their spells are instant cast allowing greater mobility. Powerful spells will drain the majority of their mana, so they will have to think twice about throwing out a giant fireball which could potentially deplete most of their pool and leave them defenseless from attacks.

E. Battle mages and many other styles of play will be possible thanks to the gear and combat system. But while there will be great benefit for a mage wearing plate armor, there will also be negative consequences. Related - 2. D.

C. Classes start with a good portion of their skills learned, the rest will be obtained through questing. Damage dealing combat abilities and spells are not innately known. Related - 2. B.

D. Removal of leveling system, character progression is done through obtaining loot, questing, increased personal skill and refining their play style.

E. Much higher base movement speed. Related - 2. D.

F. Well-scripted raids and instances (duh)

Feasibility: All of this is pretty simple to implement, mainly requiring database changes and DBC editing with some minor core modification. Unfortunately, it also means that a custom patch will be necessary (if we decide we want correct tooltips, custom icons and proper skill names) for players to enjoy it fully.

One can even argue that, because of the simplified health, mana and removal of the leveling system (thus skill ranks) it is much easier to balance, which would actually reduce the overall time spent developing the system in comparison to designing a custom spell and skill set in vanilla style. Rather than despawn the whole world and start from scratch, we'll go the route of setting the values of every creature template to a base and then tweak from there.

2. Items & Gear

A. Gear provides base armor benefits depending on type and is not limited by type to any specific class.

B. Different weapons provide different abilities for your character and change your play style, for instance, using a dagger will give you the ability to slice and pierce, both having lower cooldowns compared to larger, heavier weapons like a sword or axe (which can only chop and bash).

C. Magical items mostly provide benefits that allow different styles of play or provide unique enhancements and cool effects rather than a large stat increases. They still provide minor stat increases which, based on how the combat system is flushed out, actually provide a lot of survivability.

D. Each piece of gear impacts movement speed depending on type. Warriors, death knights and paladins will now feel the weight of their gear. Warlocks, mages and priests will find their roots, stuns and fears much less useful if they decide to go out into the world decked in plate.

E. Very specific items are soulbound, everything else is fair game.

Feasibility: The most advanced part of this is adding and removing abilities from items which can be done using Eluna. A functional algorithm using a dynamic array and the OnEquip, OnRemove methods would handle this elegantly and allow easy modification when new items are added to the database. One could even go a bit further and create a new column in the items table specifically for this task that can be enumerated so everything could be done programmatically, all you'd need to do is add an item to the DB and you'd be set.

3. Crafting

A. All professions are enabled for all players, trainers provide basic recipes and thereafter players will need to obtain them through questing and combining inventory items.

B. Crafting and collecting are instant but resources are worth little.

C. You will be able to add semi-permanent, non-stackable bonuses to your items.

Feasibility: Yeah, also pretty simple. Might even get rid of the crafting window usage altogether to reduce complexity (DBC editing, patching) and simply place a dialog item in the users inventory with learned combinations for each profession and a menu to automate crafting.

4. Survival Mechanics

Maybe, a lot of people out there might feel that this detracts from the experience and simply becomes a nuisance. I can only imagine this very idea was thrown at the design team for World of Warcraft and rejected for that very reason. Tell us your thoughts in the thread.

A. Players will need to ensure they carry a supply of food and water as they will have slowly decreasing hunger and thirst levels.

B. Each zone will have varying effects on the Player, they will need to ensure they're wearing appropriate gear to help negate the effects of extreme environments. As an example, one will need to wear warm clothing in Northrend or they will freeze death. Being near a campfire will increase warmth levels. Eating warm food will also increase warmth temporarily.

C. Food spoils after a certain period of time, meaning you will have to rely on your ability to hunt game to survive when trekking out of a town, village or city for lengthy periods of time.

Feasibility: Eluna has hooks for everything we're looking to do here. Simply add a few "spoiled x" items to the database and you're set for food with a simple script, it will involve a similar process to items adding abilities if we want to make it easy to maintain. Hunger, thirst and warmth levels will either have to be viewed using an item with a dialog menu to view the current stats or exposed somehow to an addon that adds them to the interface.

5. Questing & Storyline

A. Choose your own adventure style quests with multiple endings and rewards based on your choices.

B. Unique time-frame which allows for a lot of creative possibility.

C. Less mundane quest objectives.

D. Semi-random, cool rewards instead of lame, common items.

Feasibility: This is actually the hardest part of the development process. Hooking a player into a story that has depth and emotion is very difficult, in fact it's the most time-consuming and difficult task to accomplish out of all the features here and has to be done again and again in order to provide a good experience. It's the reason our design and writing team positions consist of more than half the core team.

Positions

You may apply for multiple positions in the application form.

Legend

Green = Available
    Cyan = Potentially Available
    Red = Unavailable

Scribe (0/2)

Bring the ideas of the team to life in writing while ensuring events and ideas fit into the overall design of the project and Warcraft lore.

Designer (0/4)

No experience required.

Design content, intricately weaving thoughts and ideas into a grand and creative story. No applied skills are necessary, only a creative imagination and willingness to put forth ideas for the world you think would be interesting.

Developer (1/3)

No experience required.

Modify and augment the database, write scripts using Lua, organize code and projects using Git. Work closely with the designers and writers to ensure that their ideas are properly constructed.

Core Developer (0/1)

No experience required.

Modify the core and work closely with the rest of the team to ensure that concepts are brought into production. Organize personal projects and help manage the code base using Git. While I do not mind teaching someone about core development, you are expected to have at least some programming background. Be it as a Lua scripter, web developer, python developer... you get the point.

Closed Alpha Tester (1/5)

No experience required.

Provide critical analysis and feedback on in-game content. You'll get some nifty vanity items and effects come release for helping out.

Game Master (0/?)

While we are not currently recruiting Game Masters, we are accepting applications for them. We will put some amount of priority on Game Masters who get their applications in early. Depending on your qualifications, you may be contacted and placed in the development conversation to provide feedback and get an idea of what kind of team you'll be dealing with and how the world will be structured.

Barbz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yhool

UPDATE 5

Y H O O L
    Permadeath PvP WOW server

=========================================

If you want to read more about the gameplay and all the modifications and concepts behind the project, check this page !

You can apply right now on our website !

Team members (main roles are in red) :

- Barbz : "Game design", system administration, administration and management, recruitment, advertisement, graphic design, writing, translating, SEO, CSS, HTML, community management, DBC edit, video making, and other lesser activities...
    - Dam : Web developer, PHP, HTML, Javascript, CSS.
    - Samy : Web and system advisor.

Previous noticeable team members :

- Jeeky : C++ developer ; SQL. Too impatient.
    - Mineos : C++ developer, Html, CSS. Has quit to pursue his own project.
    - DestroyFX : Main C++ developer. Had to leave because of IRL problems.

SERVER PROGRESS

Working features or close to ready state (minor features aren't listed) :
    • Permanent death upon spirit release.
    • Players’ gear and bags can be looted.
    • FFA looting system.
    • Rename your character ingame (costs gold).
    • Account linked bank. You can stock few items from your actual character, and if he dies, you can retrieve those on your new character.
    • Gold can be deposited and withdrawn.

Features being worked on (only the most important) :
    • Ingame Shop.
    • Tweaking FFA (PvP) system.
    • Major feature to balance PvP and permanent death. A lot of the other features are linked to this one. Largest feature as of yet (so it's kept "secret" but will be revealed soon).
    • Remove name and guild tag upon the player’s head.
    • Dynamically limit the amount of items (since every item is theorically meant to be looted).
    • Gear vendors.
    • Guild system modification (regarding to permadeath).
    • Starting zone.
    • Dynamic economy.

For more informations about the recruitment, click on this page and this one .

Old preview of the website for those who didn't click yet. :

www.yhool.gg

This thread is a recruitment one. It's not titled "Please give your opinions on the concept or on anything. Please, respect that.

This message (picture included) might be edited as the server progresses.

Old banner

Exrotz's Avatar Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    2/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm hiring the following..

Developer
    This will be a paid position. If you can't do something a server requires to add custom content and be secure and stable, don't even apply. The pay will depend on you. The better you do, the more $ you get. Only need one.

Game Masters
    This is a voluntary position for now. You'll moderate the forums and game. Will need quite a few of these considering WoW is such a big game.

Small post, but yeah. Everything will be paid for. Easy chance to be apart of a popular server right here. Will be running 3.3.5a (WOTLK), medium rates etc. New servers up shortly after first one depending on how it goes.

If you want to contact me, please add me on skype. ID: iloverivea

Samuel Joseph's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Ownedcore, First time actually making a post on here let me introduce myself. I am full time Computer Science major and minor in Web Development at California Polytechnic University. I’m also in the works of starting up my own Web Hosting Company and I don’t seem to have the time to manage also a world of Warcraft server.I have no limits on what we can do, Wotlk,Cata,Panda,WoD, not a problem, My issue is lack of manpower and the people with the technical skills. This community will be somewhat realistic and will also have a strong competitive PVP as well.

SERVER HARDWARE IS NOT A ISSUE, That’s why I am making this post because I need the all the help I can get with this project to get it on its feet.

What we are looking for:

Developers (C/C#/C++/Lua/SQL)

Web Developers (HTML/CSS/PHP)

Game Masters (Atleast 1-2 years of experience with Trinity Core) (Side note im looking for people that are actually want to put their 2 cents in not just to get whatever item they desire because they have the commands to do so)

ATLEAST 17 or 18 and fluent in the English language.

Direct Message on this website will work for us to get in further contact.

Application:
    Your name:
    Position applied for:
    What coding languages do you know?
    What emulators have you worked with?
    Examples of your work:
    Where have you worked before applying here?:
    What times are you available? - Please give approx times:

* Monday:
    * Tuesday:
    * Wednesday:
    * Thursday:
    * Friday:
    * Saturday:
    * Sunday:

Please give us some extra information about yourself:
    Are you willing to deal with people who may not have as much knowledge in your particular field as

scott07's Avatar Active Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello,

We are recruiting Developers for out 250 High Rate Completely Custom Realm!

Kamical WoW is currently recruiting 3 new members under the following positions :

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- C++ Developer

Tasks Include :

*Working on our Trinity Core Based Emulation.
    *Balancing Calculations to improve the PvP Experience for players.
    *Implementing new features & content (We have many ideas)
    *Fixing/Implementing Spell Mechanics
    *Updating the Forums with changes to keep players updated.

Experience Needed :

*Over 2 Years of Emulation Experience
    *TrinityCore Experience
    *Self made Custom scripts/Edits

Skills Needed :

*Experienced with the C++ Syntax
    *Professional
    *Ability to Interact with Players

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Database Developer

Tasks Include :

*Create Quest Chains and Management of our Level Roads
    *Create/Manage the Mall creations
    *Creating Events for Players
    *Implement new content/event/jump courses

Experience Needed :

*TrinityCore Command Experience
    *Self made SQL querys/Work previously made

Skills Needed :

*Experienced with the SQL Syntax
    *Professional
    *Ability to Interact with Players and Create events for players

- Model Editor / DBC Editor

Tasks Include :

*Creating new content for our Custom Patch
    *Creating + Adding Custom Mounts + Pets etc..
    *Creating a New login screen.
    *(Possibly) Implementing Cata/MOP/WOD Models into our custom patch/server
    *Creating custom zones with Noggit (we have lots of ideas)

Experience Needed :

*DBC/Model editing Experience
    *Previous work infomation/patches/pics

Skills Needed :

*Understanding of the structure of the 3.3.5a Model Files (m2 etc..)
    *Able to edit the DBC's to make custom model/content work
    *Noggit zone editing/creation experience

--------------------------------------------------------

We are looking for applicants that have a Mic and that is not afraid to talk via Voice Chat such as Skype/Teamspeak.

--------------------------------------------------------

- About Kamical WoW

We are currently a team of 2 staff, both owners -

Our Experience

*Over 8 Years Experience in Emulation
    *Management experience of a server peaking 4k Players & 12 Staff members
    *Experience with all different sectors of Emulation including
    - Web Development
    - PHP, LUA, C++, and SQL Development along with partial C#
    - DBC management
    - SQL Structure & Freestyle SQL Query writing
    - Fun and Caring people, who want people only to succeed.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post.

Please add me on skype - scott.webster5 if you are interested in joining Kamical

Barbz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Permadeath server | Unique concept

Read these pages if you are interested :

Give up on your youth projects and join Y.H.O.O.L.
    Last edited by Barbz; 05-27-2015 at 01:35 PM.

Aimmedcake's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Currently looking for someone that will help me with portforwarding ports with Aztech ADSL-2673 Router.

The problem i'm having is that when i got into my router page after i type in the ip, i went to the port forwarding tab and tried to port forward this port:3306. But when i click "add", the port is not added, and when i check the port on a site, the port is closed for my IP address that i used while port forwarding. If you are interested in helping this, i will give you a rank in my staff team, might be higher than account lvl 1. Maybe 2.
    The server is hosted by a repack. Fun server, instant 80
    Contact me by Skype: aimmedcake
    Contact me by Email: crushmaker123gmail.com

Sincerely,
    Aimmedcake
    Last edited by Aimmedcake; 05-31-2015 at 11:32 PM. Reason: Wrong Contact info

Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 272829303132333435 ... LastLast