Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Project Necropolis: Phoenix Database is looking for Developers!

Greetings!

Phoenix Database is back from it's ashes! Although we're not associated with Project Silvermoon anymore doesn't mean we're dead yet!

We're currently looking for new developers to help contribute and making this database progress!

This database also have switched from Ascent to an Aspire/Hearthstone Database, although we can always make a converter for Ascent for those who wishes to use it for Arcemu/Ascent.

If you wish to join the team, then send your application to our forums:

http://www.projectnecropolis.org/forums/

In hope of seeing many of you wanting to bring back this project up it's feet!

- Galldor
    Lead Dev of Project Necropolis: Phoenix Database
    Last edited by Galldor; 04-08-2009 at 12:06 AM.

Project Necropolis: Phoenix Database is looking for Developers!
    Gastricpenguin's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the seventh 'project' thread within a week... getting really pathetic.
    JOIN AN EXISTING PROJECT, DON'T MAKE A NEW ONE.
    Life Puzzler WoW - Website | Forums

Greed's Avatar Angry 12yearolds FTL
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +thats obviously nulled IPB + ripped skin...sorry to say that i reported it rightfully.

Galldor's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to say, but this project was known as Project Silvermoon:Phoenix DB.

We left Project silvermoon a while ago back when the lead Dev was Sphere and decided to stand as our own, this was not a rip off or a new project as the team was quite old and such.

We're not scammers, or anything, nor are we a new project, we're just trying to find new devs for keeping this project alive.

For the website, i'm far from being responsible for ripping and such, i'm the DB lead dev nor the webmaster. if you need to settle things, it's with him.
    Last edited by Galldor; 04-08-2009 at 02:11 PM.

AzolexX's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Greed View Post
    +thats obviously nulled IPB + ripped skin...sorry to say that i reported it rightfully.
    Hm, why would you report someone for that? You come to this website where you can find exploints and hacks.....and you report someone that does same thing as you do? No point. I will talk to Sphere about getting him free legit IPB.

Find about scripting, programming and music! My blog: https://worldofsmth.wordpress.com!

Oceanblack's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Gastricpenguin View Post
    This is the seventh 'project' thread within a week... getting really pathetic.
    JOIN AN EXISTING PROJECT, DON'T MAKE A NEW ONE.
    You're such a bully. If you aren't going to use the project, why are you bothering to insult blindly. I find it ironic that you give me an infraction for flaming when all you do is criticize people for giving out ideas and sharing their work with others.

Originally Posted by Greed View Post
    What can I say for you: karma's a (rhymes with rich).

Gastricpenguin's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oceanblack, it is because I moderate what goes on in this forum. Why should we allow people to create projects willy nilly when they just disappear within a week?
    Also, ripping IPB is highly illegal.
    Life Puzzler WoW - Website | Forums

Galldor's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i don't know about the IPB thing since i'm not the one hosting the website and forums. Sphere is the one hosting it so if blame should be headed, then he's the one that should be contacted.

As for the project, we've been present for months, we left project silvermoon weeks ago following a dispute between Sphere and PS' new admin Cobra which i won't go into details by respect because it's a closed matter anyway. The project isn't new, it's just that we had some diffcult times following any real life issues, developpers leaving for personal reasons and whatsoever.

I hope this clears up things, if any questions, I'll be gladly looking to answer them at the best of my knowledge.

By the way, there's a Project Silvermoon: Phoenix Database thread that was started a while ago, and this project is simply the same but under a new name following that situation i mentioned above.
    Last edited by Galldor; 04-08-2009 at 08:32 PM.

Oceanblack's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Gastricpenguin View Post
    Oceanblack, it is because I moderate what goes on in this forum. Why should we allow people to create projects willy nilly when they just disappear within a week?
    Also, ripping IPB is highly illegal.
    I really don't keep up much with forum activity so I can't really comment on when and if projects disappear. I do agree they may be blown out of proportion (not this one, but others), but I'm don't liken to hostile attitude.

An easier way to prevent this from happening is to inform people beforehand (maybe through a sticky) and project credibility vs just ideas that die quickly.

I think that, if you respond negatively very quickly to a project that is credible, the developers will be very reluctant to release it. My personal example would be my emulation package software, while I explicitly stated it was just an idea, I really went into the dark because of real life hassles and haven't given any updates or releases on it. If people weren't as supportive as they were in that thread, I would've scrapped the idea but as a result of the positive reaction, I am working on it and hope to release it when it's ready.

Just my 2 cents

AzolexX's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At end use phpBB or MyBB(Both pwns ipb if you ask me).

Find about scripting, programming and music! My blog: https://worldofsmth.wordpress.com!

Galldor's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Sphere offered me to keep hosting the website and forums, so I didn't really considered it, but thanks for the suggestions AzolexX

Greed's Avatar Angry 12yearolds FTL
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by AzolexX View Post
    Hm, why would you report someone for that? You come to this website where you can find exploints and hacks.....and you report someone that does same thing as you do? No point. I will talk to Sphere about getting him free legit IPB.
    Oh im sorry did you say Exploits** and Hacks? Right, where did it says Warez? I dont stand people who use forum software warez. I dont, MMowned Dont, you wont.