Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fixing The Broken Scripting (Naxx + Others)

Me and a friend have been playing on our own private Ascent server.

I've learned a remarkable amount about the whole process, and can do quite a lot with whats given me.

However, I'm getting into the high level content, and i'm noticing a lot of the encounters are pretty much ****ed.

It was painfully obvious today, which had Kel'Thuzad not continue past the first phase of the encounter, despite waiting about 6 minutes. A .kill gave us his loot, but still, it would be nice to enjoy the encounter's as they where originally created.

I noticed the scripts folder in the Ascent repack i have, along with a resonable number of .lua files in there. What are they for?

Is there any way i can fix, even manually, the encounters that are toast?

-Red

Fixing The Broken Scripting (Naxx + Others)
    locksoft's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this is what I'm trying to understand at the moment.
    there are several ways to include scripts in your emulator, the most complex one is compiling the scripts together with ascent but it's something I didn't figured it out at the moment.

the lua files are actually the scripts for mobs reaction and yes, you can open them with a text editor and modify them. this would modify bosses strategy.
    just be sure they're loaded when you launch the server but, if you said some mobs already have strategy it means they're working for you.

just look for the boss you need to edit, maybe his strategy is not complete, open his script and edit him.
    hope it helps.

r3dlazer's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok. I read the script. It has some extensive comments, but it very well may be over my head.

Regardless, I'd like to know a way I can check for sure that certain scripts are loading.

Since the Kel Thuzad encounter is broken, i can't really use that as a measuring stick to figure out exactly how messed up he may be.

Thanks for your help : )

-Red

b!atch's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ascent-world (or arcemu, w/e u use) shows if lua scripts has errors loading. and while youre fighting the creature you can check the window (ascent-world) for errors, eg. spelling errors like "catspell" instead of "castspell"
    Spectrum-X is win! Rep People That Help You and Candybones Wont Eat Your Brain:>

mager1794's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if your using a repack dont mind this but if not get Sun++ Scripts there really good and are pretty accurate as well
    Lunar Gaming - Reaching For The Stars