0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Question] Hosting Server via Hamachi!

So, ive read The Risks of hosting a public server, and how you can protect yourself [Guide] but i still have a question about hosting a server. I am currenlty hosting a emu server via Hamachi, but the question i have not answered in that guide is, 1) Does that guide apply to a Hamachi hosted server? ( can you still get hacked over Hamachi? ) and 2) If blizzard wanted to, could they sue me for millions since i live in the United States? (and what are the odds of them taking such action?)

Ill +rep w/o answers both questions legitly.
    ~submit

[Question] Hosting Server via Hamachi!
    Power of Illuminati's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    6/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hamachi is nearly worse, learned that from a hacker a server I'm GM on. When you connect to eachothers networks at hamachi, you giving the other permission to your LAN network (kinda?). I would acctualy recomend DNS over hamachi.

For your second question, sure they can, they can sue me in Sweden too, but it's unlily it gonna happend, I "heard" that it only happened in rare cases, that they contacted the server and asked them to turn them off. Not more.

Submit's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Power of Illuminati View Post
    Hamachi is nearly worse, learned that from a hacker a server I'm GM on. When you connect to eachothers networks at hamachi, you giving the other permission to your LAN network (kinda?). I would acctualy recomend DNS over hamachi.

For your second question, sure they can, they can sue me in Sweden too, but it's unlily it gonna happend, I "heard" that it only happened in rare cases, that they contacted the server and asked them to turn them off. Not more.

I need a more specific answer when it comes to Blizzard sueing people. How many people have been sued, what are my chances of being sued, etc. I really dont want to risk my life over a game XD Thanks and +rep for the ans.

Power of Illuminati's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    6/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's very hard to answer, search around on the forum as I know it's been talked about before. But if I should be honest, I think 0 has been sued. But I know many that got mails from blizzard.

But search aroudn