Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Discussion] What do YOU want in a server?

Hello, I made this thread not only for me, but for everyone who is thinking about starting a server or creating something for a server. So, that you know what the people want and your efforts won't be wasted! So, please.. what do you want in a server?

If you want a server where you level to 70 and beyond, what type of leveling system should be used?
    What kind of custom content are you looking for?
    What kind of events do you enjoy?

Also if you have any other good questions you would like to be answered please post below!
    Last edited by Murlock.; 04-21-2008 at 11:47 AM.

[Discussion] What do YOU want in a server?
    Murlock.'s Avatar Knight-Lieutenant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No one interested?

runemaster's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i know what I WANT in a server!

this!

haha you asked for it....heheh

metehan's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by runemaster View Post
    i know what I WANT in a server!

this!

haha you asked for it....heheh
    1. Wow
    2. No advertising.
    3. Dude, I am sorry I have to say this, I am sorry about how mean I am going ot be...
    4. That was the worst private server video, i have EVER seen. I mean I cannot comprehend how bad it was. Half of the video was spent with 3 guys pvping but they all had godmode on. The other half of the video was some hunter running around with thunderfury walking around on staircases. Oh and for a bit you showed a custom sets but guess what? They used the exact same display IDs as pally t2 and warrior t3.

That is definately NOT what I want in a private server

meh's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is kinda obvious by I find many private servers don't have them anymore. Instance teleporters. I mean yea, you can just fly to BT but it's so much easier to get a group together and have people port directly there.

Pragma's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like when there is something to work for that has never been seen before. Servers that are instant 70 and have nothing beyond and not much custom material can be boring and so can 1-70 servers but servers that have custom content and even being required to lvl up beyond 70 in custom leveling areas with quests and rewards and mini-bosses that can be one manned or two manned are fun (and dont try leveling roads with just rows and rows of static enemies that arent doing anything exciting or have any sort of reward; its not gonna work because people who actually do wanna take the time of going through that boring road and lvling up to get to do the custom raids you have wont have anyone else to do them with because most people left your server while leveling cause they were bored). That is what i like in a server.

metehan's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by insanesk8123 View Post
    I like when there is something to work for that has never been seen before. Servers that are instant 70 and have nothing beyond and not much custom material can be boring and so can 1-70 servers but servers that have custom content and even being required to lvl up beyond 70 in custom leveling areas with quests and rewards and mini-bosses that can be one manned or two manned are fun (and dont try leveling roads with just rows and rows of static enemies that arent doing anything exciting or have any sort of reward; its not gonna work because people who actually do wanna take the time of going through that boring road and lvling up to get to do the custom raids you have wont have anyone else to do them with because most people left your server while leveling cause they were bored). That is what i like in a server.
    QFT good servers have something to work toward.... IE My server is instant 70 with D3 gear as starting gear. We have all instances scripted, its mostly a raiding server.

Noobcraft's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this is what i want and im gana do on my private server Ashbringer and my other Noobcraft

You start regularly at level 1 with some starting gear
    you are teleported into a room with 5 randomly picked people
    in the room are 2 vendors 1 sells food/water other sells the starting gear you got at char creation just incase you destroyed it or somthing. after 10 min a door opens in the room you go out and have to kill a mini boss after that you get some tokens and level up to 10 you trade the tokens you got for some better gear after that you got to a maze wich you need to get through and in thier will be a team of the opsit faction(ill prob make this maze in wsg or somin) you get to the other fractions side if your killed you go back to you start after you finsh the maze you level to 20 and some more better gear then your telleported to a big base with other players of your fraction thier will be vendors thier who sell ragents food/water start gear and a token exchange vendor. you go outside your base and thier will be a HUGE fight arena for every enemy faction player you kill you will gain half your exp bar worth of exp and 1 token you keep doing this till level 40 after that you are let lose in a big level road with instances and a buncha monsters outside each instance has a specifc level like level 40-50 instance 50-60 etc you kill and gain items thier. along the big area thier will also be faction citys were you can go. once you reach 70 you are sent into a new outlands with just endgame instances and pvp arenas. lol anyway after youve done everything you can collect the heads of all the end game bosses and turn them in for legendary armor for your class if youve ever played wowscape the armor would be kinda like same stats as t******* once you have legendary armor you will also be given a special token wich you can give to a quest giver and will teleport you to a room to pick between staying in the endgame world or the last endgame instance in wich you will be placed with a group and you will continue to make progres through it. the bosses wil be Super hard. after youve finshed the instance you can go back to the endgame area and help other players with the 40-70 instances BUT YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ENTER THE PVP ARENA AGAIN cus you chose the super instance. =D long text i know
    Last edited by Noobcraft; 04-21-2008 at 01:33 AM.

metehan's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by darune94 View Post
    this is what i want and im gana do on my private server Ashbringer and my other Noobcraft

You start regularly at level 1 with some starting gear
    you are teleported into a room with 5 randomly picked people
    in the room are 2 vendors 1 sells food/water other sells the starting gear you got at char creation just incase you destroyed it or somthing. after 10 min a door opens in the room you go out and have to kill a mini boss after that you get some tokens and level up to 10 you trade the tokens you got for some better gear after that you got to a maze wich you need to get through and in thier will be a team of the opsit faction(ill prob make this maze in wsg or somin) you get to the other fractions side if your killed you go back to you start after you finsh the maze you level to 20 and some more better gear then your telleported to a big base with other players of your fraction thier will be vendors thier who sell ragents food/water start gear and a token exchange vendor. you go outside your base and thier will be a HUGE fight arena for every enemy faction player you kill you will gain half your exp bar worth of exp and 1 token you keep doing this till level 40 after that you are let lose in a big level road with instances and a buncha monsters outside each instance has a specifc level like level 40-50 instance 50-60 etc you kill and gain items thier. along the big area thier will also be faction citys were you can go. once you reach 70 you are sent into a new outlands with just endgame instances and pvp arenas. lol anyway after youve done everything you can collect the heads of all the end game bosses and turn them in for legendary armor for your class if youve ever played wowscape the armor would be kinda like same stats as t******* once you have legendary armor you will also be given a special token wich you can give to a quest giver and will teleport you to a room to pick between staying in the endgame world or the last endgame instance in wich you will be placed with a group and you will continue to make progres through it. the bosses wil be Super hard. after youve finshed the instance you can go back to the endgame area and help other players BUT YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ENTER THE PVP ARENA AGAIN cus you chose the super instance. =D long text i know
    Good luck scripting that. You are gonna need it.

Noobcraft's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by metehan View Post
    Good luck scripting that. You are gonna need it.
    lol yea i have a team of like 10 scripters but thier kinda lazy so i need to kick them to start working on it

o and btw fast response LOL

metehan's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by darune94 View Post
    lol yea i have a team of like 10 scripters but thier kinda lazy so i need to kick them to start working on it

o and btw fast response LOL
    If you ever get that working PM me, I would love to test it out!

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Updated first post with a few questions.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by insanesk8123 View Post

Yeah, very nice idea.