0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Jadd View Post
    The problem isn't cracking it. The problem is the watermarking. I'm almost positive any leaked files would contain something that is traceable back to the user/company that owns the license.
    Yes, all copy sent to customer are watermarked with the Customer Id, mame and such.
    Anthraxbot & SPQR Creator / Administrator

Torpedoes's Avatar ★ Elder ★ Doomsayer
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    148/415
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Nesox View Post
    Oh man, I would give my left testicle for a copy of that. Thanks for making me jealous :-P

homer91's Avatar Active Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    59/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kanyle's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IDA is waaay too pricey, they should make it more "accessible". Seriously, if it was in the price range of, say, Windows, I MIGHT consider buying it.

Nonowmana's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Kanyle View Post
    IDA is waaay too pricey, they should make it more "accessible". Seriously, if it was in the price range of, say, Windows, I MIGHT consider buying it.
    You are right but IDA is not cheap, for a reason, look at all the work behind this, this is a full feature Kernel Debugger, disassembler, with HexRay ASM to C++, and more. This is really a nice piece of software, that needed so much time to develop. All very specialized piece of software are expensive, and the reason is that there is not much clients to use it, and they make it a living, so price are high.

The effort that need to be make is to make the purchase process easier, I mean, WTF, not really user friendly (and pricey), and updates should be cheaper than the actual software.
    Last edited by Nonowmana; 06-20-2014 at 02:12 AM.
    Anthraxbot & SPQR Creator / Administrator

berryman13's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Nonowmana View Post
    You are right but IDA is not cheap, for a reason, look at all the work behind this, this is a full feature Kernel Debugger, disassembler, with HexRay ASM to C++, and more. This is really a nice piece of software, that needed so much time to develop. All very specialized piece of software are expensive, and the reason is that there is not much clients to use it, and they make it a living, so price are high.

The effort that need to be make is to make the purchase process easier, I mean, WTF, not really user friendly (and pricey), and updates should be cheaper than the actual software.
    That reason is corporate greed my friend and NOTHING else. Sure, there is tons of work beyond it. So much so, that it's really hard to argue against but I feel like I have to. The price is as high as it is because it has a complete monopoly on the specific field, nothing else does what it does as well as it does with as large of a supportive userbase, etc etc. There would be MANY more clients using it if the price was lower - your logic that there are few clients and thus the price has to be high is flawed; they have less users than they would because the price is TOO DAMN EXPENSIVE.

I made a list of industry standard 3D VFX/CG software pricing. I'm a moderator on another forum devoted to the....reverse engineering of said products for educational purposes only, of course.
    These are the prices reflecting only the standalone, commercial versions of the software. No student pricing involved, and they are generally single-station (one computer) or time-limited unless otherwise noted.

Autodesk 3ds Max - $3,675 USD (Entertainment Creation Suite = $5,775 USD)
    SideFX Houdini - $8,995 USD *used to be ~20k USD*
    Autodesk Maya - $3,675 USD (Entertainment Creation Suite = $5,775 USD)
    Autodesk Infrastructure Design Suite Ultimate - $12,075 USD
    Next Limit Realflow - $3,395 USD 1st year, $2,500 per upgrades, support included, then $1,000 a year after the first.
    Cinema 4D Studio - $3,695 USD

The forum which I moderate would NOT exist if these companies did not as for exorbitant prices for EVERY piece of industry standard software. How are you expected to get into the industry without prior knowledge of the program, what if you can't afford an education?

IDA is no more specialized. My feeling is that it's as expensive as it is because they don't want any old cracker to be able to get it. The installers are definitely watermarked, much like v-ray, a rendering plugin for autodesk products + C4D, which costs $1,050 USD per workstation. It's watermarked and thus very hard for reversers to even get their hands on because it's not something that can be public...
    PLEASE REMEMBER! A simple thanks can mean so much
    CHEAP GOLD ON [US] [ALLIANCE] STORMRAGE & KEL'THUZAD! -https://bit.ly/1nf04nF

- BERRYMAN13

namreeb's Avatar Legendary

Thanks G/R
    7/215
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The solution is simple! Merely purchase several licenses under several names and do some binary comparisons. I am standing by for whomsoever has a strong feeling to supply me with several copies.

TOM_RUS's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    0/52
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by namreeb View Post
    The solution is simple! Merely purchase several licenses under several names and do some binary comparisons. I am standing by for whomsoever has a strong feeling to supply me with several copies.
    The only problem is that every copy of IDA is completely different (main executables have functions reordered etc). ppl already done such comparisons and there's no simple way to get around this.

berryman13's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    The only problem is that every copy of IDA is completely different (main executables have functions reordered etc). ppl already done such comparisons and there's no simple way to get around this.
    Well, the real question is how far will the publisher pursue anybody who is to purchase a license and then release the program? My guess, if they are international, not very far and they're SoL :P
    PLEASE REMEMBER! A simple thanks can mean so much
    CHEAP GOLD ON [US] [ALLIANCE] STORMRAGE & KEL'THUZAD! -https://bit.ly/1nf04nF

- BERRYMAN13

MaiN's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    0/10
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Natrist View Post
    Meh, you're better off with other tools. The guy behind IDA is a scammer. You pay 10K for a piece of software that you don't get full control of and they charge you $30 for the shipping. That's also not to mention they ask for credit card information via e-mail.
    What..? I don't think we have had any problems even close to resembling what you're saying. Also IDA has the best and fastest support I have ever seen. I regularly get responses within 10-15 minutes of sending emails.

IDA is pretty awesome. If you want IDA just get employed by someone who buys it for you, like Nesox and I. :-P
    [16:15:41] Cypher: caus the CPU is a dick
    [16:16:07] kynox: CPU is mad
    [16:16:15] Cypher: CPU is all like
    [16:16:16] Cypher: whatever, i do what i want

Torpedoes's Avatar ★ Elder ★ Doomsayer
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    148/415
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by berryman13 View Post
    Well, the real question is how far will the publisher pursue anybody who is to purchase a license and then release the program? My guess, if they are international, not very far and they're SoL :P
    Yeah, somehow I doubt they would sell to any old Chinese hacker.

Natrist's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    9/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by MaiN View Post
    What..? I don't think we have had any problems even close to resembling what you're saying. Also IDA has the best and fastest support I have ever seen. I regularly get responses within 10-15 minutes of sending emails.

IDA is pretty awesome. If you want IDA just get employed by someone who buys it for you, like Nesox and I. :-P
    placeholder

run32.dll's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *atm running 3 Instances of IDA 6.1 to mine data from 'Diablo III.exe', 'battle.net.dll' and a WardenModule-Dump*
    *search ownedcore for some wardenstuff*
    *read news about IDA6.6*
    IDA 6.6 is finally out-give_it_to_me-gif
    *boner*

Ferroks's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged