Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to translate coordinate into mapcoords?

i get units' postion through UnitX UnitY UnitZ descriptors, but how to translate it into mapcoords which match the return value of "/run print(GetPlayerMapPosition(unit))" ?
    Instead of figuring out algorithm by myself, i decided to use CGWorldFrame::TranslateToMapCoords and so far i've work out about it except the first argument

its prototype should be CGWorldFrame::TranslateToMapCoords(this,continent,realX,realY,mapX,mapY,0,0,0)
    So what on earth does the first argument mean? what's CGWorldFrame Object? and what value should i pass to this function?

How to translate coordinate into mapcoords?
    l0l1dk's Avatar Elite User

Thanks G/R
    1/6
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The calling convention of CGWorldFrame::TranslateToMapCoords is __cdecl, so it's not a class method (if it is, it's static). There won't be any "this" argument passed to it. The first argument appears to be a reference to a C3Vector, that contains the coordinates to be translated to map coordinates. Got that from reversing GetPlayerMapPosition.

radarlove's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/11
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

demonguy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    your words are always helpful, and your OHack is the most valuable resource when i started to learn memory editing, thanks all the way. +rep

you're right.... it's really the return value of "CGUnit:GetPosition", but if it's true, what's the third and forth argument?

demonguy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by demonguy View Post
    your words are always helpful, and your OHack is the most valuable resource when i started to learn memory editing, thanks all the way. +rep

you're right.... it's really the return value of "CGUnit:GetPosition", but if it's true, what's the third and forth argument?

i still don't know what are the two arguments mean but in "GetPlayerMapPosition" , if unit is Player then they're 0xCC9FA0 and 0xCC9FA4 respectively (rebased)
    since i don't need to translate a far-away position so it's enough... Thanks