0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Player base address and offsets

Hello everyone,

Introduction
    I like to make clear that I'm fully aware of you guys being annoyed that people ask to much and to fast without doing any research themselves. I actually read a lot of stuff before I gathered some courage to post this thread with the risk of getting some flames :P. Besides that I do understand why everyone thinks that way and I'm not someone that is a leecher and impatience. After lots of reading I'm still facing some basic stuff that I couldn't find or they were a bit outdated. If the questions I state ARE actually on this forum then I'm apologizing in advance. So lets move on!

Goal
    Recently I wanted a new challenge and thought creating a 'simple' WoW bot would be fun and educative. My first goal was to develope a simple screen that shows the following information: Health bar with percentages, XP bar with percentages, Player name and level, X + Y coordinates.
    After that I'm willing to extend my goal by creating a simple fishbot and if that worked for me I will be developing a fishbot 2.0 which works in pools.

Study and contribute
    My original idea is to document everything I found during my development from newbie to more advanced newbie so everyone who starts out has a solid base which (I think) is missing now. So I will be studying and contributing at the same time. I don't want to feel useless so I'll do my best to help others with the same issues too.

Questions so far
    I'm having a few questions and I hope someone can help me answer these. Like I said earlier; if there is a thread just link me to that and I apologize in advance for not finding that thread .
    My questions:

1. I'm going to use C# as programming language, so which library do you guys prefer? Is it possible to reach my goals with for example BlackMagic?
    2. What are offsets and why are they used?
    3. How am I able to find the player base address?
    4. How do you make your bot easily updateable? By reading a lot on this forum I noticed that offsets change a lot, so does this mean with every update you have to manually find the new offsets and fill these in?
    5. How do you know your bot is 'safe'? I know botting is NEVER save, but for example PiroxBots had an Bot status saying safe or unsafe.. how are you able to track that?
    6. I checked the dump post and found the memory address for the players name, but how am I able to retrieve other information for example the players level?

Once again; I'm sorry if all of these questions are to obvious for you guys, but I'm just having a hard time finding out this stuff :-)

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
    Require

EDIT:
    In a thread I saw this stuff, but where am I able to get this? can't seem to find these addresses in the dump:

private const uint staticClientConnection = 0x011CB310, // client connection, same address every boot
    objectManagerOffset = 0x28A4, // offset from the ClientConnection to the object manager
    localGuidOffset = 0xC0, // offset from the object manager to the local guid
    firstObjectOffset = 0xAC, // offset from the object manager to the first object
    nextObjectOffset = 0x3C; // offset from one object to the next
    static private uint objectManagerBase; // the address off the object manager
    static private ulong localGuid; // the local guid.
    Last edited by Require; 12-29-2011 at 04:37 PM.

Player base address and offsets
    fortiZ's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    18/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hiho,

I also would like to know, how to get the playerbase. I try it with CE,... I searched for the life of my charakter and follows the pointers.. But then there is something like "wow.exe" and "A42620" ..
    I don't want to leech the playerbase informations for my bot ideas,.. I will find the offsets by myself.

And is the offset of health: 0x11CC ? :x
    and Mana: 0x11D0 ??

Don't found some threads/posts for getting the playerbase,.. just the values :C
    Last edited by fortiZ; 12-31-2011 at 09:35 AM.

boredevil's Avatar Active Member Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    guys. just start reading the forums please. all that stuff has been covered more than once.
    for example:

http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/worl...e-objects.html ([Guide-kind of] How I handle objects.)

Require's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by boredevil View Post
    guys. just start reading the forums please. all that stuff has been covered more than once.
    for example:

http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/worl...e-objects.html ([Guide-kind of] How I handle objects.)
    First of all thanks for your response,

I actually read that thread before and in my eyes it doesn't explain HOW to retrieve the dynamic player base. It assumes you already know how to retrieve it, thats also the reason why I posted this thread. Correct me if I am wrong though.