Thanks G/R
    7/215
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They aren't used for Recast+Detour, but they are used for the RecastDemo app.

Path Generator – Recast/Detour and WowMapper – Step
    Flowerew's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by DarkLinux View Post
    The glm was a simple 10 sec problem. But this one I don't get. In Sample_D3dAreaById's Header Files I am missing SDL.h, d3d9.h and d3dx9.h. Are they needed for anything? Because it will not compile with out it and it looks like its used in many structs and classes.
    Funny question, serious answer: the name Sample_D3dAreaById implies that it's a "sample" which displays (via "Direct3D") areas filtered by their IDs. If you actually read the code and extract the stuff used to parse the map data you can neglect everything related to rendering the actual map geometry.

Originally Posted by Nonal View Post
    But as world is not fair to Linux, I had to spend time to port Windows specific parts to Linux.
    Actually this project began on linux as one can see on the the front page of the project (look at the screen for version 0.1). And I suspect it to take less than a few lines of code to make it compile on linux if you strip out the windows related stuff like Direct3D.

namreeb's Avatar Legendary

Thanks G/R
    7/215
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Flowerew View Post
    Actually this project began on linux as one can see on the the front page of the project (look at the screen for version 0.1). And I suspect it to take less than a few lines of code to make it compile on linux if you strip out the windows related stuff like Direct3D.
    If you're referring to Recast+Detour, it's actually developed on a Mac. But yeah, if someone can't figure out how to get it to compile they don't have much hope of using it correctly anyway.

Nonal's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by namreeb View Post
    If you're referring to Recast+Detour, it's actually developed on a Mac. But yeah, if someone can't figure out how to get it to compile they don't have much hope of using it correctly anyway.
    Agreed.

By the way, apart from the size_t => unit32_t in mverchunk.h which I mentioned (which is not really Linux related), rest was pretty straightforward. To the point I was thinking that it's so close that 2/3 #ifdef WIN32 could be added quite easily. If you wish I can help.

The size_t thing was breaking the tool because although it compiled on my 64-bit system, at run time, sizeof(MVER chunk) was always 4 bytes too large, thus breaking the ADT/WDT parsing at the MPHD step.

Thanks,
    Last edited by Nonal; 02-08-2011 at 03:37 PM.

Flowerew's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by namreeb View Post
    No I was referring to my wowmapper project, which started on linux (ubuntu).

Originally Posted by Nonal View Post
    By the way, apart from the size_t => unit32_t in mverchunk.h which I mentioned (which is not really Linux related), rest was pretty straightforward. To the point I was thinking that it's so close that 2/3 #ifdef WIN32 could be added quite easily. If you wish I can help.
    Yes, size_t is nothing linux related, I probably just overlooked it since it's only present in the mver chunk struct and I didn't noticed it myself because I've been writing it on 32bit windows/linux. I changed it to uint32_t in the trunk now. Thanks for the hint.

Nonal's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Flowerew View Post
    Yes, size_t is nothing linux related, I probably just overlooked it since it's only present in the mver chunk struct and I didn't noticed it myself because I've been writing it on 32bit windows/linux. I changed it to uint32_t in the trunk now. Thanks for the hint.
    No problem, in fact there may be another issue around. With this fix I see no more parsing errors, but .obj files look quite corrupted (viewed from mm3d which is the tool I used for my own MPQ parsing code). This made me stop looking at Detour/Recast for now. I am installing a windows compiler in order to compare extracts from windows side, but I suspect there may be another 32 vs 64 bits issue in the code, or something similar. I can help to debug it if this issue is confirmed (I have MPQ/ADT/WMO knowledge).

Thanks,

Bananenbrot's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A side note:
    Rival's cell size is inappropriate for mcnk sized chunks: 1600/3 is not a multiple of 0.35, therefore you get empty spaces between some tiles:
    broken mesh

You should use generation data similar to namreeb's suggestion.
    That is, let cs depend on your voxels per tile (cs = 533.3333... wu / 1800 voxels), not the other way round or choose a "common" value like 1/3.
    The actual value of cs isn't important, as long as it properly aligns with 1600 / 3.
    Last edited by Bananenbrot; 02-09-2011 at 12:24 PM.

semtex_zv's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, while i was waiting for developer of bot im using to implement some functions to continue my work
    i discovered Recast+Detour and started to do resreach , downloaded countless versions of WoWMapper none of them worked
    if I downloaded source it got compile errors if I downloaded Compiled one it just open and closes , i've entered values correctly but still or it crashed.

I'm asking you to upload compiled functional Wowmapper to extract maps to .obj
    (sorry for writing with zero posts, im longtime reader of this forum and community )
    Countless Thanks for possible help

Tanaris4's Avatar Contributor Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by miceiken View Post
    Very nice guide, however I'm having a complication.
    TechSmith | Screencast.com, online video sharing, 2011-02-06_1813
    I get this while extracting Northrend with WowMapper. I've extracted Azeroth, Kalimdor and Expansion01 without any problems

Ever get this sorted? I'm getting a "terminate called throwing an exceptionAbort trap: 6" whenever I try to dump Northrend
    https://tanaris4.com

hamburger12's Avatar Contributor CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe i am to stupid but what code do you exatly use to save and load more than one tile. I'am going crazy on this shit o.O

namreeb's Avatar Legendary

Thanks G/R
    7/215
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dtCreateNavMeshData builds a tile, and dtLoadTile or some such thing loads it. Is that what you're wondering?

miceiken's Avatar Contributor Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    7/8
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Tanaris4 View Post
    Ever get this sorted? I'm getting a "terminate called throwing an exceptionAbort trap: 6" whenever I try to dump Northrend
    Can't quite recall what I did back then to be honest. Not using WowMapper anymore. Sorry

Edder's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there another tool besides wowmapper which dumps all maps to navmesh which works with recast&detour?
    The only navmesh file I got fully worked was delivered in this tutorial.

FinnX's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is someone still able to compile WoWMapper lol? I'm getting errors which are not understandable :S

hamburger12's Avatar Contributor CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wowmapper Compiles fine! You need to inluce the missing files! But wow mapper needs an update becouse its broken.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast