0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Party Info

So I am writing a bot which is to be used solely in a multi-box fashion; I play one character, it the other. I was trying to see if there is a better way to read in the party data than what I'm doing (if it makes a difference, I'm using C#). I use the party leader/member offsets found in the Info Dump Thread to find each party member's GUID. I then search my Object Manager Player Object dictionary using each party member's GUID and see if it they are in there, if they are then I can get their x, y, z pos and the such. The problem with this is that I only have their info when they are near-ish to me. Is there an easier way to get their info, perhaps through the party member's GUID offset?

Party Info
    abuckau907's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's only going to be 2 boxes for sure --> Just do some workaround to store their .GUID. For me, for example, as a workaround for using a pet..I just target it and use
    someButton_click()
    {
    myPet.Guid = LocalPlayer.TargetGuid
    myPet.BaseAddress = ObjMgr.GetObjBaseFromGuid(myPet.Guid)
    }
    then get info from it same as any unit/player --> myPet.Health etc.

I was thinking about making a seperate version, a 'follow helper' version of the bot..too lazy tho. Ido vb.net, but i'm starting to learn c#, if you want to team up /help /chat, pm me.

edit: after re-reading, I realised you figured out how to find them..nice. Once they're out of your area tho, the wow server stops sending you info about them..there's no way to get that info sent to you :S That begs the question, why is your 'helper' character getting that far away from you? "..when they are near-ish to me.." If it's only the other box and you....who is they? If it's only 1 other char..just create a var to keep track of their guid and make sure they follow you (Unless you have navmesh type nav) probably around 20u or w/e..depending on healer/tank etc..all depends on how you want it to work?
    Last edited by abuckau907; 02-24-2010 at 05:40 AM.

Mr.Zunz's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by johnlb85 View Post
    So I am writing a bot which is to be used solely in a multi-box fashion; I play one character, it the other. I was trying to see if there is a better way to read in the party data than what I'm doing (if it makes a difference, I'm using C#). I use the party leader/member offsets found in the Info Dump Thread to find each party member's GUID. I then search my Object Manager Player Object dictionary using each party member's GUID and see if it they are in there, if they are then I can get their x, y, z pos and the such. The problem with this is that I only have their info when they are near-ish to me. Is there an easier way to get their info, perhaps through the party member's GUID offset?
    Something isn't right in your logic, You want to make a multiboxxing app but the characters are not near to eachother, So what would be the point then..?

L33ch's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aha! finally something i can help with :P

I run a server-client model, for every partymember i have 1 errr, how to call it.....got one reader for each WoW open... and it sends it to the server, where is decided what action to take, if any

all the players (i.e. party members) will send their own GUID and cords, even the one i'm playing.

the things i liked about this is that, i don't have to dedicate one player to monitor other ppl's health, i just send an event, if healing needs to be done, to the healer.

the drawback is that it isn't made for additional friendlies that need healing... ... o well

*then there was some stuff i wanted to write here but i forgot about*

my dream:

create a RTS out of 5 (or more) wow accounts: working on rendering the world (dungeon's and stuff) and making it clickable

johnlb85's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank ya'll for the replies. After looking through my code and the such, I realized that perhaps I am doing it the best way for what I want to do. I just was figuring that since you can open up your map in game and see party members on it, that you'd be able to easily access their X/Y at any point in time. But, since I do plan on monitoring this bot at all points in time (and being around him 'les my character has died) , I guess that information isn't necessarily needed.