Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Help Needed] Finding ClickToMove Offsets

Hey there,

I could need getting some help finding the Offsets for CTM.

Like this one's:
    Base 0x0CB9788
    Distance 0xC

I know I just could copy it out of the other topics but I want to know how to get them since it seems "hard" for me. The tutorials I found with searching are always for easy stuff like Health or Names. Would be great if someone has a hint for me.

Greetings

[Help Needed] Finding ClickToMove Offsets
    namreeb's Avatar Legendary

Thanks G/R
    7/215
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well if you're asking how you would find it on your own in future versions, a good place to start would be to find a function in the current version that references it, remember a pattern for that function, and re-locate that function in the new version to see the offsets.

If you don't know what that means or how to do that, time to read a book or something =)

amadmonk's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hrm. I have GOT to get a pattern-matching IDC script. Right now I manually re-reverse everything each patch, which (while keeping my reversing skills sharp) is for the birds.
    Don't believe everything you think.

nitrogrlie's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by amadmonk View Post
    Hrm. I have GOT to get a pattern-matching IDC script. Right now I manually re-reverse everything each patch, which (while keeping my reversing skills sharp) is for the birds.
    I use bobbysing's CFindPattern .cpp / .h that load a pattern from a .xml file (rely on TinyXML - which I think was actually my idea on a different project that I worked with him on a while back :P) and searches WoW's memory. It allows for wildcards and some modification/dereferencing of results (e.g. you can look for a pattern that is more static if you know that what you are looking for is always some steady offset from the found address, a dereference or anything).

If you want I can post the code here or you can grab it from GD in one of the WoW Version Independent stickies and just update the patters a bit yourself.

amadmonk's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by nitrogrlie View Post
    I use bobbysing's CFindPattern .cpp / .h that load a pattern from a .xml file (rely on TinyXML - which I think was actually my idea on a different project that I worked with him on a while back :P) and searches WoW's memory. It allows for wildcards and some modification/dereferencing of results (e.g. you can look for a pattern that is more static if you know that what you are looking for is always some steady offset from the found address, a dereference or anything).

If you want I can post the code here or you can grab it from GD in one of the WoW Version Independent stickies and just update the patters a bit yourself.
    I've heard people mention it... I'll pop over to GD to take a look. Thanks for the reminder!
    Don't believe everything you think.

vulcanaoc's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know I just could copy it out of the other topics but I want to know how to get them since it seems "hard" for me. The tutorials I found with searching are always for easy stuff like Health or Names. Would be great if someone has a hint for me.
    @OP

So, when you actually perform a click to move ingame, the location (X,Y,Z) that was clicked is saved. You must find this memory address.

Assuming you are capable of finding the address (else, keep trying), you want to find functions that are accessing CTM X, Y, or Z. In your favorite debugger, set a write-access breakpoint on whichever address you choose, and perform a click to move. The debugger, in some way, will lead you to the function(s) which modify click to move location. These function will also modify pretty much all other addresses related to click to move.

You'll want to look out for things like:
    Code:
    mov 0x19A238202blah, eax
    the 0x19A238202blah being a CTM-related memory address.

@amadmonk

I suggest writing your own implementation it is much more fun.

Edit: Also, IIRC, you use C#. Apoc's Whitemagic library has some great pattern finding code in it.
    Last edited by vulcanaoc; 12-17-2009 at 09:07 PM.

fukmeimbroken's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pah was some days sleeping . Thx for all the awnsers.

Originally Posted by vulcanaoc View Post
    So, when you actually perform a click to move ingame, the location (X,Y,Z) that was clicked is saved. You must find this memory address.

Assuming you are capable of finding the address (else, keep trying), you want to find functions that are accessing CTM X, Y, or Z. In your favorite debugger, set a write-access breakpoint on whichever address you choose, and perform a click to move. The debugger, in some way, will lead you to the function(s) which modify click to move location. These function will also modify pretty much all other addresses related to click to move.
    Now that I found out all the offsets and pointer and they are working I got another problem.

If I give cordinates which the char should move to he rotates in that way but he doesn't stop at that point. I set distance to 0.5 like it its from Blizzard when moving. If I first use a ClickToMove manually, and then let the bot do it, it works fine.