Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not that Im blaming any of the "better programmers" (Infact Im glad they still want to help the newbies) but most of the tutorials here that are directed at beginners reduce to:
    1) go into ida
    2) type in a string you're looking for, say "GetMinimapZoneText"
    3) find the address
    4) read from it

and this is fine for some, but I feel its a bit gimmicky.

How did you know that you needed to search for the text, what else could you do to find it, how did people use to find it?

maybe if they went a bit more in-depth you could get rid of a large amount of script kids from the forum or at least discourage them from copying-pasting the code.

[Guide] Memory Editing - The Basics
    adaephon's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Maciek View Post
    How did you know that you needed to search for the text, what else could you do to find it, how did people use to find it?

maybe if they went a bit more in-depth you could get rid of a large amount of script kids from the forum or at least discourage them from copying-pasting the code.
    Common sense. WoW exposes a scripting engine. This means that the client has to have a script interpreter. The script functions are interpreted on the fly which involves converting the script strings into functions. These functions are bound to underlying functionality (i.e C++ functions in the game). Therefore, the client has to store a reference from a given LUA function string and the actual function (C++) that calls

asbest0s's Avatar Active Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by adaephon View Post
    Common sense. WoW exposes a scripting engine. This means that the client has to have a script interpreter. The script functions are interpreted on the fly which involves converting the script strings into functions. These functions are bound to underlying functionality (i.e C++ functions in the game). Therefore, the client has to store a reference from a given LUA function string and the actual function (C++) that calls
    exactly what I ment, this wouldnt take too much effort to be put in a tutorial and it makes the whole thing a lot clearer.

but to go for a different example, what about entering the "objectmanager" as a string? As far as Im aware there isnt a script function that uses it, so what would make people search for object manager in the first place?

lanman92's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Step back a minute and think about what you just asked. You're looking for something that manages objects. Now, why would you search for the string "ObjectManager" or "ObjectMgr" or "ObjMgr"?

Robske's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    3/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Maciek View Post
    exactly what I ment, this wouldnt take too much effort to be put in a tutorial and it makes the whole thing a lot clearer.

but to go for a different example, what about entering the "objectmanager" as a string? As far as Im aware there isnt a script function that uses it, so what would make people search for object manager in the first place?
    Find a lua function that should have access to the object list, (anything that queries from the player should suffice) there should be a call to GetObjectByGUID in that function, from there you can probably jump to EnumVisibleObjects and tada, objectmanager.

Disclaimer: above shit not tested not confirmed.
    "Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live." - Martin Golding
    "I cried a little earlier when I had to poop" - Sku

burton992's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    Not quite sure what your post is in response to (the former part), because he wasn't attacking anyone, just giving his (quite valid) opinion.

I got confused lol i thought he was blamming people that post all the offsets ect (Such as you and apoc) for all these shitty bots that people are putting together and selling. And now that ive understood what he meant i totally agree with him

rootguy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well it seems i did offend exactely those people i tried not to, calling c# a script kiddy language was crossing the line i guess and did draw all attention from my actual point.

It's true i'm a c/c++ junky, i can't get into any other language cause i'm so used to it.
    I consider that more of a flaw than a virtue to be honest.
    Anyways i do have a lot of respect for the contributors here in this section and on gamedeception, people where just getting on my nerves with the silver platter demanding attitude.

Hanfer's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi
    when i try to debbug it i get this error

System.BadImageFormatException
    Die Datei oder Assembly "fasmdll_managed, Version=1.0.3262.20709, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" oder eine Abhängigkeit davon wurde nicht gefunden. Es wurde versucht, eine Datei mit einem falschen Format zu laden.

pls help me
    hanfer

bykte's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Hanfer View Post
    hi
    when i try to debbug it i get this error

System.BadImageFormatException
    Die Datei oder Assembly "fasmdll_managed, Version=1.0.3262.20709, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" oder eine Abhängigkeit davon wurde nicht gefunden. Es wurde versucht, eine Datei mit einem falschen Format zu laden.

pls help me
    hanfer
    Hello,

I encountered this error when I was dabbling with BlackMagic initially. However, after some trial and error plus common sense, I solved it. What you should do is copy paste the fasmdll_managed.dll to your project bin\debug folder assuming you test your application in Visual Studio using the default Debug profile.

Hanfer's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi
    both *.dll are there and i got the same error -.-
    the debugging profile must be default because i just installed it