0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by amadmonk View Post
    (NPC's don't petition GM's when you perfectly killshot them every time)
    I have noticed that people get really pissed at you for some unknown reason when they spend the entire fight either stunned or dead because ten paladins chose at that moment to beat the living daylights out of them. That or five hunters KS'd them from thirty yards away before they couldn't even close range.

Yay!  Milestone passed!
    EmilyStrange's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by amadmonk View Post
    It would be nice to have a good (IE as similar to Blizzard's as possible) emulator server to run tests on so that I could take out the ban-fear completely. If it were public, it would be even better, since we could pit bots against each other and run them in groups and so forth.
    I so want a perfect emulator server to test out AI theories on. Being able to test theories of Goal Direct Genetic Algorithms would be a fantastic opportunity. I wonder how the DARPA project people are doing this...

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by nitrogrlie View Post
    :P Finding bugs like that is fun too, but in reality, that's not the bots fault, it's operator (aka developer/programmer) error
    Don't know what you mean...

"Nooo! Why did you walk off the bridge in to the lava in BRD! Damnit! I told you to back up, not walk off the edge. Goddamnit! Now we wiped. Stupid healer. It's always the healer's fault."

nitrogrlie's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by EmilyStrange View Post
    I so want a perfect emulator server to test out AI theories on. Being able to test theories of Goal Direct Genetic Algorithms would be a fantastic opportunity. I wonder how the DARPA project people are doing this...
    Perhaps they use this?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by nitrogrlie View Post
    Perhaps.

Sorry, I mis-recalled my information. I stated DARPA, I meant the US Army, with one of the researchers on the project being from DARPA.

I meant the funded project, by the US Army, with the stated goal of creating a swarm of autonomous learning bots that will play World of Warcraft. There aren't any papers of this work at this time, so I am not sure how much is hyperbole, how much is theoretical work, and how much has actually been developed in to a workable solution.

US Army to Push X-Files Tech Development, Invade World of Warcraft - us army - Gizmodo
    World of Warcraft May Be Used as Army AI Testing Ground - Shacknews - PC Games, PlayStation, Xbox 360 and Wii video game news, previews and downloads
    Researchers Turn to Artificial Intelligence and Real Data to Improve War Games: Scientific American

nitrogrlie's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps.

Sorry, I mis-recalled my information. I stated DARPA, I meant the US Army, with one of the researchers on the project being from DARPA.

I meant the funded project, by the US Army, with the stated goal of creating a swarm of autonomous learning bots that will play World of Warcraft. There aren't any papers of this work at this time, so I am not sure how much is hyperbole, how much is theoretical work, and how much has actually been developed in to a workable solution.

US Army to Push X-Files Tech Development, Invade World of Warcraft - us army - Gizmodo
    World of Warcraft May Be Used as Army AI Testing Ground - Shacknews - PC Games, PlayStation, Xbox 360 and Wii video game news, previews and downloads
    Researchers Turn to Artificial Intelligence and Real Data to Improve War Games: Scientific American
    Wait I can get paid for what I thoroughly enjoy doing?

amadmonk's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hell, I just want a "good enough" server. Doesn't have to be perfect or even that great. I can *tune* encounters on the live server. But tweaking nav routines, for instance, tends to produce very evidently bot-like behavior. If I could do that in a "safe" sandbox, I'd be soooo happy...

I d/led and built Mangos (whatever the capitalization) a while back, but the server is always behind the client and reverting to an older client just wasn't an option for me.
    Don't believe everything you think.

mongoosed's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice!

Amadmonk this is a very excellent branch of AI/botting work you are doing and i'm excited to see what comes of it. Keep going no matter what happens man! ^_^

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by mongoosed View Post
    Amadmonk this is a very excellent branch of AI/botting work you are doing and i'm excited to see what comes of it. Keep going no matter what happens man! ^_^
    Thanks for the encouragement!

Sadly, EmilyStrange has led me down the garden path a bit, and I've spent the last day or so crafting a WCF "head" and thinking about IPC strategies and RPC goodness (synchronous vs. one-way vs. aync dual-binding, oh my!)

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm very sorry. I didn't mean to do that. I didn't mean to imply any deception with regard to inter-application communications.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No worries! I've since then come to my senses... RPC is just impossible, and I'm not going to rearchitect my code to be out-of-process, so a simple UDP backchannel should be sufficient for my comm needs. No WCF needed!

saagarp's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last post here was 9 months ago, but this thread was fantastic. I was doing some design work for my own bot, and looking for RPC suggestions and experience. Great information from amadmonk, EmilyStrange, and others. Thanks, and +rep

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567