0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mining Bot Source Code Release

Seems my account got stolen a couple of months ago (or I forgot I changed the pass to something else?), and I'm not going to pick it up again, I thought I'd release the source code to my mining bot. It is written in C# and I used a finite state machine for the logic component. Sure it could have been written better but for my skill level I'm amazed that I did this.

Haven't updated it since 3.0.8 or something, so people will need to fix it. But its more for learning purposes. Basically what it does is it loads a list of XYZ waypoints from a text file, and it flies at a defined height around the waypoints looking for nodes. The reason for the defined height is it just flies up really high so it doesn't crash into mountains and shit as it is flying around.

When it 'sees' a node, it will turn and fly to a point in space above it, then descend down onto it, but only if there is one or less mob that it will aggro when it lands. Once it lands, it will (attempt to, couldn't get it working right) fight off any mobs that have been aggroed, then mine the rock, then get back on the flying mount, ascend and continue.

The reason I dropped it was (besides my account getting stolen) is that you really need to watch it atm, its quite buggy. Also the logic is very complicated, for example: If I am above a node, and I am descending, I can detect when I have stopped descending (landed). But there are ships flying throughout that zone and sometimes you land on a ship or something and get killed. Also there is no support for if you die (my character was a tank so I rarely died).

As I said before this is not a 'download-and-go' thing you will need to have a fair bit of coding experience to even get the thing to run, and change alot as I never planned to release this and some things are quite class specific. It's for learning purposes, guys.

Have fun with it, its a complicated project and I'm sure could help at least one person! Tell me if you read through it and what I could have done better!
    http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=99433353342836563095

Mining Bot Source Code Release
    ramey's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for contributing, haven't looked at code but sharing code can't be bad.

For my recent product I also had to implement a finite state machine, and I agree that it does indeed take a lot of work and it can get complicated fast.

I really hope I don't see posts here screaming for people to update it and release for their leaching needs.
    Last edited by ramey; 05-13-2009 at 03:33 PM.

KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    351/297
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ramey View Post
    Thank you for contributing, haven't looked at code but sharing code can't be bad.

For my recent product I also had to implement a finite state machine, and I agree that it does indeed take a lot of work and it can get complicated fast.

I really hope I don't see posts here screaming for people to update it and release for their leaching needs.
    if you do then infractions are given, that is not what the mem section is for

SKU's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Long time no see, thanks for this.

Hawker's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a very nice bit of work. You've no repair or death logic in the state machine - it has to have been a great tank. Sorry for your loss.

EDIT: just read your post again and you asked what to do differently.
    0. Having the state machine and the core activities in separate threads is a good idea.
    1. The death logic is essential - you don't want to be waking up to a toon with empty bags in the morning.
    2. The combat logic would benefit from having an opener, a castsequence button and a closer.
    3. Skipping node for hostile mobs is a little wasteful - adapting the same logic so that you skip nodes that players are near would be far more productive.
    4. HS on full is pretty useful...
    5. Eat/drink/bandage is pretty useful too.

Its a very nice looking bot though - I like the object manager.
    Last edited by Hawker; 05-13-2009 at 05:37 PM.

LegacyAX's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @h4wker

I dont think he wants any advice for this sinc ehe dont play wow anymore :P

Thanks for the contrib. I kinda like when people dont post a a project that can just be a total copy pasta job. Something that needs some work done to get it to compile. Thats my kinda fun

+Rep Thanks.

Maybe youll buy AION online when it comes out and startin hackin it :P IO know I going to, the graphics/combat look vert intense! alot better then wow id say. Just have to wait and see tho.

Apoc's Avatar Angry Penguin
    Thanks G/R
    0/12
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)