Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[3.0.3] A starting point for those new to writing bots.

Even though I'm still very new to a lot of the concepts used within these forums, I feel like in the last week I've learned a lot from you guys and I'm very thankful to everyone who's put forward information for the rest of us.

I know none of this will be useful to any of the people who have helped me the most, but hopefully the source code attached will help other newbies as much as it's helped me.

I've only this week started learning asm, but if any of the more experienced guys here could give me any links to study off of the top of their heads for more information on finding the memory addresses of procedures from the wow exe using ida or olly I would really appreciate it. I've read before that there is a function name to function address table somewhere because of the use of lua, but I've been unable to find it. (probably because of my inexperience with the decompilers)

Also while I'm whoring myself out for help, could anyone give me a simple yes/no to the necessity of emulating the tls of the primary thread in the injected thread to be able to use the object manager/etc?(I've only used out of process method for the bot so far) Thanks in advance!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The files attached below are not even close to being my original work. the memory framework was taken from another user on this site, the injection project from another site, and the debug host a mix-mash of code I converted from delphi code I found on here along with other information gathered from these forums. I've only changed small parts of them in the effort of writing a bot, and hopefully the source code within will help others save some time.

The memory project is in running condition as of 3.0.3 and is just a simple bot that loops between attacking the nearest target and looting it. The injection project simply injects a dll into wow running process and allows you to run code from within its context. The debug host project is not in working order, but is very similar to the memory project and if you use the tls method source code within the memory project it should work just fine.

I've worked with all of these during the late hours in my spare time for the last week, but I work full time and am college student, so the code is very rough on the eyes. I've commented almost nothing and the code I've written even makes me cringe. Long story short, please be nice, I haven't cleaned up this code, and I'm usually very tired when writing it.

Edit: Please feel to ask questions about the code, I don't bite. Also, I didn't credit any names to the work I've used, so if you had a hand in any of the info within any of these projects, let me know and I will gladly let others know. If anyone can upload the source for wowx I would love you forever, I tried to register for game deception but the email they send was filtered out, and any new account I make is instantly banned(wtf)...

Memory Framework

DLL Injection

Debug Host
    Last edited by WhatSupMang; 01-18-2009 at 12:06 AM.

[3.0.3] A starting point for those new to writing bots.
    Cursed's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ill upload the WoWX source as soon as im on my Computer again...
    About finding stuff: GC -> Forums -> World of Warcraft -> How to find stuff (and thank bobby for that thread )

Edit: WoWX Source (scroll down a bit and download the attachments from bobby )
    Last edited by Cursed; 01-18-2009 at 07:12 AM.

WhatSupMang's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bobbysing: Since I can't reply to private messages.
    Ya, I figured as much. I'm stopping by a friends place to watch the Cardinals game today, so I'll try it out there. Thanks for your work on wowx, the "how to find stuff" thread, and your overall willingness to help.

Cursed:
    Thanks for the links. Unfortunately I've seen the wowx thread before, but at the moment I can't use it as any account I create there is instantly banned. I should have spent more time looking through the site though, as the second thread you linked is invaluable to what I was looking for.

Again, Thanks to both of you!

PS: I'm sorry I don't have any rep to give for your help. If you ever see me with any private message me (warn me of impending doom or something) and I'll be sure to send some your way.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You dont deserve to be a leecher... +Rep 3x for you, to get you out of that status!

Robske's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    3/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Cursed View Post
    You dont deserve to be a leecher... +Rep 3x for you, to get you out of that status!
    Guess I'll give him the last point then
    "Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live." - Martin Golding
    "I cried a little earlier when I had to poop" - Sku

WhatSupMang's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait... I can finally search... I think I just jizzed in my pants.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfHLUlZf4]YouTube - Jizz In My Pants[/ame]

Only now I feel obligated to produce something useful...
    Thanks guys.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by WhatSupMang View Post
    Wait... I can finally search... I think I just jizzed in my pants.
    YouTube - Jizz In My Pants

Only now I feel obligated to produce something useful...
    Thanks guys.
    And I think I just got a new bookmark for FireFox
    Thanks for the video I love it!