2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by scizzydo View Post
    I chose C++ for a few reasons. First was because of the ease to do things, and like mentioned the ability to go pretty deep. Second was all the places I've worked, C++ has been the thing, not C#. Lastly was because of also other things I do, C++ is just the best option.

With these other choices, you tend to have bloated assemblies, easy detection vectors. If blizzard (or any game) wants to find you, it doesn't matter if internal or external.
    To C# developers: do you feel a lack of depth/flexibility? Do you have problems with easy detection?

Developing a bot in C++ vs C# vs Python
    scizzydo's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    5/54
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by 0xFA View Post
    And in the process of developing and debugging the bot, you weren’t banned? What approach did you use?
    I have not received a ban on wow since the old days of PQR, so more than 10 years ago? Since I've used my own stuff, never. I use static analysis, modified self compiled Reclass.Net, modified cheat engine, some personal tools made, and then the application. With "hot-reloads" I can make it easy to quickly adjust, and then if there is a crash, create crash dumps that I open with visual studio to see where the crash happens. Also, when I mentioned if blizz wants to find you, it doesn't matter what language you're on. With C++ I have direct memory access, easy manipulation of stacks, no need to marshal, outside of the visual c++ runtime (which is already there), no additional binaries to load into the process as dependencies.

3. Thanks 0xFA (1 members gave Thanks to scizzydo for this useful post)
    0xFA's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by scizzydo View Post
    I have not received a ban on wow since the old days of PQR, so more than 10 years ago? Since I've used my own stuff, never. I use static analysis, modified self compiled Reclass.Net, modified cheat engine, some personal tools made, and then the application. With "hot-reloads" I can make it easy to quickly adjust, and then if there is a crash, create crash dumps that I open with visual studio to see where the crash happens. Also, when I mentioned if blizz wants to find you, it doesn't matter what language you're on. With C++ I have direct memory access, easy manipulation of stacks, no need to marshal, outside of the visual c++ runtime (which is already there), no additional binaries to load into the process as dependencies.
    This is impressive work! But even a good bot may behave suspiciously in some situations. How did you avoid player reports for such a long time?

charles420's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    25/119
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    agree with the no bann depends how much u release it if u just mass spam they will sig scan u registry u etc or if u do the lua logic last i knew they scan inside been a lil since i cared i might be wrong i use basically lazybot still going strong since og of him no banns mind u i changed so much they cant sig scan or open handle since i use another process to get it but i still cant say won't happen but if its private your fine if u release it u have things to worry about handle- i check trap pages not needed btw as of yet i do spoof inputs so show real inputs not driver btw u can easy fix i started in c# because all the open source was around to be honest after going to school id prb go c++ wont lie but i suck at ui in c++ c# makes front end easy af as i said pick what ever lang u feel comfy in and roll with it its been done in all langs at this point depends on u i sux front end so c++ for that aids to me mind u after yrs i get around this but was a extra learning curve on top of reversing game etc
    Last edited by charles420; 02-04-2024 at 10:53 PM.

Thanks G/R
    25/119
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    comes down to what u feel comfy in these people turn into ogs.... example my unpacker for wow is c++ i program c# tho but to reverse a clean binary i do c++ was just easier and already done i just had to adapt it i can give thanks to people these forms for that
    Last edited by charles420; 02-05-2024 at 01:42 PM.

Thanks G/R
    25/119
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no ones right it depends on u do u homie

scizzydo's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    5/54
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy mother of run on sentences. I also thought I was having a stroke reading that too. Are you ok?

ditmebibane's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    for me, best good of c# is design bot logic so good with coroutine. That it. Until i can find another way making bot logic with good experience then i will leave C#. C# too boring now

swnt's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by 0xFA View Post
    To C# developers: do you feel a lack of depth/flexibility? Do you have problems with easy detection?
    Probably others are just doing stuff that I'm not doing in my c# bot but honestly, I don't even know what that depth/flexibility is I'm told to be missing out on.

On the contrary, I like c# for the convenient functionality and packages, allowing to build e.g. powerful UIs or web-apis in no time. But I can agree on the bloated assembly concern, treeshaking etc just doesn't work well enough imo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12