Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Building my first bot (rotation pixel bot)

Hi All,

I am making my first bot for WoW using Python. It is going to be a pixelbot. But, it's not meant to fully auto play - mainly just to help with my rotation.

Basically, pyautogui will detect a pixel color on my screen, that color will be a weakaura solid color in WoW that would say what ability to use.

Eg. Green = Mortal Strike, Red = Rend, etc.

The program will scan every 100ms for that color.

Now, based on the color, it will remap my source key to press and release a different key.

So, physically, all I am doing is spamming my "2" key on my keyboard, but it will be pressing "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, etc." based on the color of the pixel it is detecting.

This way I have a one button rotation. Also thinking of combining that with my Logitech Mouse, which would let me just hold down a single button and keep pressing/releasing the key.

Is this sort of bot detectable?

Building my first bot (rotation pixel bot)
    semiprotech's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes every bot is detectable if you keep it private you would be fine if you release it u will get detected without pre checks like handle sending inputs or anything other and few other ways like inputs etc

baseballdude02's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Appreciate the response. Was hoping I could eventually share this with people so they could use it themselves, but now I'm not so sure.

What is it about sharing that will make me more likely to get detected? Is it that blizzard will keep seeing the same patterns?

In terms of input, all I am doing is using a "keyboard.press_and_release" command to press and release the key. This event triggers every time I press the "2" key physically, but the key it actually "presses and releases" is different based on the color - so I am trying to make it a "one key press = one key press" every time, but I can just spam a single key to do my full rotation.

I thought that would be pretty secure, even if released to public, but I'm an armature at this so not sure what else I can do to make it even more secure.

jefferypowell's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope your bot will operate as stably as possible.
    super mario bros wonder