0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clientside detectability of a private bot

Hi, I'm sorry for possibly asking a dumb question but I've searched far and wide and found a lot of contradictory information and ended up mostly confused.
    I would like to start writing a bot for (classic) WoW for fun, to learn and to automate or partially automate some of the more boring parts of the game, but I'd like to know first whether it is even realistic to (responsibly) use a single instance of a self-made bot on my regular account without getting detected and autobanned by Warden.

I should mention I'm only interested in vanilla/sod/wotlk/cata. My idea is to only be retrieving data with RPM while learning and developing without interacting with the game otherwise, and eventually probably get an arduino to send "real" inputs, maybe switch to another principle over time, however, if there's a significant chance that I catch a ban on the 3rd day of calling OpenProcess on wow here and there while developing then I think I should pick something else to make. I'd say if the chance is like 1% that i get banned inside 3 months then fuck it let's do it, but if it's like >20% then maybe not worth doing it. Sure I think I could spin up my own vanilla server and mess around there with no risk but the point would be to eventually use it to help me out a bit on official servers.

I would be using Rust as every other language makes me want to shoot myself in the face since learning Rust, I know little about reversing atm but I'd love to learn in the process of doing something fun like WoW botting. There's plenty of info here about avoiding behavior based detection, hidden achievements and whatnot, that's a separate issue altogether, I'm only really asking about Warden here and I found posts saying things ranging from "blizz actually gave up completely on clientside detection" to "wow botting is dead because evading warden is very difficult" and ended up none the wiser, plus no clue if information from 2016 is still relevant in any way...
    A bunch of years ago I made some external csgo cheats and had a blast doing it, never got banned there, though i only used them for a few days because it got boring pretty fast, VAC famously isn't super effective though, is it the same here?

Clientside detectability of a private bot