Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, it was kind of pissing me off that whenever I wanted to do Dizzying Haze, it seemed that Spinning Crane Kick would take priority, so I added the following code to Spinning Crane Kick, which seems to work...

if IsLeftShiftKeyDown() then return true
    end
    I'm just learning this coding stuff, so dunno if it's the right way to do it or not. Here's the whole Spinning Crane Kick code with my addition...

if IsLeftShiftKeyDown() then return true
    end
    if PQR_SpellAvailable(101546)
    and UnitPower ("player") >= 40
    --and IsSpellInRange(GetSpellInfo(101546),"target") == 1
    then CastSpellByName(GetSpellInfo(101546))
    end
    This way it won't cast Spinning Crane Kick if you have the left-shift key pressed.

[PQR] Kuukuu's Brewmaster Profile Feedback and Suggestions
    xpknightx's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there any way to put Zen Sphere in the rotation? Not to detonate it, but to have the orb up whenever possible? Zen Sphere heals 8 times for 23% of Monk AP over 16 seconds, total healing of 184%. That is a decent amount of healing over time and takes just a little bit more pressure off of healers.

I tried using this code, but as soon as I added it into the rotation, none of the other skills would work.

if not HaveBuff("player",124081)
    then return true end

kuukuu's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by xpknightx View Post
    Is there any way to put Zen Sphere in the rotation? Not to detonate it, but to have the orb up whenever possible? Zen Sphere heals 8 times for 23% of Monk AP over 16 seconds, total healing of 184%. That is a decent amount of healing over time and takes just a little bit more pressure off of healers.

I tried using this code, but as soon as I added it into the rotation, none of the other skills would work.

then return true end
    I've never even seen a HaveBuff function so I can't say what that does.. I don't use return true to cast spells though since it has a decent chance to bug out and lock up your ui. I am about to start my mid terms next week so my time to do more then fix normal bugs is likely going to be limited but I can look into adding that. Was also debating having it spam Expel Harm if you dropped below 35% and trigger Desperate Measures but I'm not sure of the effect to your aggro and defenses that would have.
    Former PQR Developer

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by jamieb19 View Post
    kuu is there any guides that teach coding?
    Sorry I didn't see your question before. For coding this profile I mainly learn from other profiles, WoW Wiki or asking questions in the PQR thread. You could try looking for books on LUA since that's the actual language we're using but I've never done it personally.
    Former PQR Developer

fritt's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by xpknightx View Post

then return true end
    I liked your idea, so implimented it. I don't really know how to program in .lua but am learning by looking at other peoples code. The code you are trying to make work is also in Sheurons profile, which made it easy to figure out. The "HaveBuff("player",124081)" is actually a function that he also uses in his code. What I did was created a new file in the data directory called "PQR_PV_Data.lua" and the code in the file is...

Code:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -- Functions & Variables
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    if not PQR_LoadedDataFile then
     PQR_LoadedDateFile = 1
     print("|cffFFBE69PV Data File v0.1 - October 12, 2012|cffffffff")
    end

function HaveBuff(UnitID,SpellID,TimeLeft,Filter) 
      if not TimeLeft then TimeLeft = 0 end
      if type(SpellID) == "number" then SpellID = { SpellID } end 
      for i=1,#SpellID do 
        local spell, rank = GetSpellInfo(SpellID[i])
        if spell then
          local buff = select(7,UnitBuff(UnitID,spell,rank,Filter)) 
          if buff and ( buff == 0 or buff - GetTime() > TimeLeft ) then return true end
        end
      end
    end

After doing this, I created a new spell in the ability editor called "initialize" (without the quotes). The code for the ability is...

Code:
    if PQR_RotationStarted then
      ----------------------------------
      -- Load Data File(s)
      ----------------------------------
     if not PQR_LoadLua("PQR_PV_Data.lua") then
      PQR_WriteToChat("You are missing a key file: PQR_PV_Data.lua. Please put this file in the Data folder and reload PQR. Thank You!", "Error")
      PQR_RotationStop()
      return true
     end
    end
    I then did the same thing you did, created an ability called "Zen Sphere" and put in the same code you did. Tested and works like a charm.

Let me know if this worked for you or not.

On a side note, if KuuKuu comes out with his own datafile, and doesn't impliment the zen sphere, you would need to load both data files.

Also, KuuKuu, please forgive me if I've offended you in any way by hacking your code, same with Sheuron (if you're reading this). I think KuuKuu's brewmaster profile is the best out there at this time, at least for me, because it's easiest for me (beings a newb programmer) to work with, and I'm just trying to make it work in a way that I would like it to.
    Last edited by fritt; 10-12-2012 at 11:38 AM. Reason: format editing

fritt's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    KuuKuu, I was thinking since there's only three additional spells that are used in the AoE rotation (actually two in mine, because I use Dizzying Haze in my single target profile), maybe instead of having two different rotations, just make AoE a left alt toggle and only have one rotation. I say left alt toggle because I know of somebody elses code (I think team nova's, crystal_tech ) does it that way and I should be able to impliment it if you want.

fritt's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been reading about how the "return true" has been causing some people to lock up in others profiles, so I changed my Spinning Crane Kick code that I posted earlier.

Code:
    if not IsLeftShiftKeyDown()
    and PQR_SpellAvailable(101546)
    and UnitPower ("player") >= 40 
    --and IsSpellInRange(GetSpellInfo(101546),"target") == 1
     then CastSpellByName(GetSpellInfo(101546))
    end
    Seems to be working for me.

Shayden85's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My buttons stops working after using your profile.

Originally Posted by crystal_tech View Post
    its a profile thing with morphed spellids.
    Last edited by Shayden85; 10-12-2012 at 03:34 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're welcome to edit it all you want, that's part of the design of PQR. I won't likely come out with a data file unless I find something I can't implement right into the normal rotation.

Also, the code is simple on purpose. I'm not a fan of complicated, hard to read code despite how most people seem to be trending towards that.

And Shayden, I'm not sure how you're getting lock ups with the current version. Is it happening with a certain mob or ability? Any lua error coming up? I need more details to know what's going on. Also, make sure you are running the most current version of the profile. Should say 1.4a.
    Former PQR Developer

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by fritt View Post
    KuuKuu, I was thinking since there's only three additional spells that are used in the AoE rotation (actually two in mine, because I use Dizzying Haze in my single target profile), maybe instead of having two different rotations, just make AoE a left alt toggle and only have one rotation. I say left alt toggle because I know of somebody elses code (I think team nova's, crystal_tech ) does it that way and I should be able to impliment it if you want.
    I've looked at Nova's AoE toggle before to see how they do it. Once midterms are over I was planning on making my own but you are welcome to implement if you want. Wouldn't take much really, just load their data file and call the function really.
    Former PQR Developer

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, i would fix it if i knew how :P I dont understand a shit about this.

No, no lua error or anything it just stops working.
    I have tried both in dungeons and while questing, same shit, it just stops working and i need to relog to be able to use any ability.

Was getting lock up around 5 times yesterday in dungeons and now i get it just some second after i start a fight.

Originally Posted by kuukuu View Post
    You're welcome to edit it all you want, that's part of the design of PQR. I won't likely come out with a data file unless I find something I can't implement right into the normal rotation.

Also, the code is simple on purpose. I'm not a fan of complicated, hard to read code despite how most people seem to be trending towards that.

And Shayden, I'm not sure how you're getting lock ups with the current version. Is it happening with a certain mob or ability? Any lua error coming up? I need more details to know what's going on. Also, make sure you are running the most current version of the profile. Should say 1.4a.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And you're using version 1.4a? The original was written using the old bugged method but anything since should not be locking up...
    Former PQR Developer

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by kuukuu View Post
    And you're using version 1.4a? The original was written using the old bugged method but anything since should not be locking up...
    I downloaded Kuukuu_Brewmaster.rar in your link. it says 1.4

I got this lua error now, making it unusable
    Code:
    Time: 10/13/12 00:21:50
    Count: 881
    Stack: [C]: ?
    [C]: in function `CastSpellByName'
    [string "local name,_,_,count = UnitBuffID("player",..."]:9: in function `?'
    [string "if PQR_Addon_Loaded == nil then..."]:760: in function `PQR_NextAbility'
    [string "if PQR_Addon_Loaded == nil then..."]:533: in function `PQR_ExecuteRotation'
    [string "if PQR_Addon_Loaded == nil then..."]:289: in function <[string "if PQR_Addon_Loaded == nil then..."]:214>

Locals: (*temporary) = nil
    (*temporary) = nil
    Last edited by Shayden85; 10-12-2012 at 05:34 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Shayden85 View Post
    I have <ProfileVersion>1.4</ProfileVersion>

I downloaded Kuukuu_Brewmaster.rar in your link.

I got this lua error now, making it unusable
    Code:
    Time: 10/13/12 00:21:50
    Count: 881
    Stack: [C]: ?
    [C]: in function `CastSpellByName'
    [string "local name,_,_,count = UnitBuffID("player",..."]:9: in function `?'
    [string "if PQR_Addon_Loaded == nil then..."]:760: in function `PQR_NextAbility'
    [string "if PQR_Addon_Loaded == nil then..."]:533: in function `PQR_ExecuteRotation'
    [string "if PQR_Addon_Loaded == nil then..."]:289: in function <[string "if PQR_Addon_Loaded == nil then..."]:214>

Locals: (*temporary) = nil
    (*temporary) = nil
    Ya Elusive Brew had a typo in 1.4, click download update and you should get 1.4a.
    Former PQR Developer

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It doesnt update anything, nothing happens when i press "Download Update"

the Roration XML Download gives Error 404 same with the other XML