2/3
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love you Journey!

tMorph — 64-bit Morpher (updated for Legion)
    wanderley's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thinking ahead, I wonder how we could change the idle combat animation. Probably can just change it to some spell that doesnt really have an effect, and it will replicate how our characters just sort of stood there before, which I prefer at least

revive25's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    7/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by wanderley View Post
    Thinking ahead, I wonder how we could change the idle combat animation. Probably can just change it to some spell that doesnt really have an effect, and it will replicate how our characters just sort of stood there before, which I prefer at least
    Nope , combat animation bound to which race you chose . If you try to do an animation that your race don't have , they will just stand still and do nothing

DungeonMx's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope u will have time to upgrade that fantastic program love u and ur program dude pls upgrade this can't wait for it how long you do it pls say a time period and sorry for my english <3

Ashintra's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love this programm sooo much too <3

lululalaland's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    25/6
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Requiescat in pace .... it was fun while it lasted friends... i had lots of nice memories with tmorph on private servers and on retail.... but it seems that blizzard has to kill everything for me

Enuma's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    4/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    theres issue with that.

First of all, i think that model combat animations are bound to model it self, specifically to "skeleton" so there should be ability to change it.
    Second, even if they are not tied to the model it self, which i highly doubt, they would be a passive - you cant change ANY passive effect via TMorph.

Bit, it think that its the first one, otherwise we would already hear and have those IDs loooongg time ago.

Thanks G/R
    3/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by revive25 View Post
    Nope , combat animation bound to which race you chose . If you try to do an animation that your race don't have , they will just stand still and do nothing
    Thats exactly what I want - didnt our characters just stand idle in combat before? I think so. The only thing I was wondering is what to actually change, since idle combat isnt a .spell. Perhaps .spell 0?

Enuma might be right about the idle combat animation being passive and that it cant be changed, but maybe we can find a way to change it now. I doubt many people thought about changing it before, right?
    Last edited by wanderley; 09-01-2017 at 01:23 PM.

emmy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats exactly what I want - didnt our characters just stand idle in combat before? I think so. The only thing I was wondering is what to actually change, since idle combat isnt a .spell. Perhaps .spell 0?

Enuma might be right about the idle combat animation being passive and that it cant be changed, but maybe we can find a way to change it now. I doubt many people thought about changing it before, right?
    Changing combat animations hasn't been possible since like Vanilla IIRC. You can't do it with tMorph, because it isn't a spell. The pose engages once you enter combat or right-click a target, just like it previously would bring forth your weapon.
    woop woop phoakin diddy daunauts!

jeleopard's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by lululalaland View Post
    Requiescat in pace .... it was fun while it lasted friends... i had lots of nice memories with tmorph on private servers and on retail.... but it seems that blizzard has to kill everything for me
    Just give it time lol. Only been 4 days. Chill and do some of the new content.

11. Thanks Allureana (1 members gave Thanks to jeleopard for this useful post)
    Thanks G/R
    3/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by emmy View Post
    Changing combat animations hasn't been possible since like Vanilla IIRC. You can't do it with tMorph, because it isn't a spell. The pose engages once you enter combat or right-click a target, just like it previously would bring forth your weapon.
    Ah, gotcha. Thats what I was thinking, just wasnt sure. Would be nice if Blizz could add an option to use classic spell animations. You could put it right under the option to use new character models! Especially since it only changes the look for you and doesnt affect anyone else!

I realize people may read my complaints about new spell animations and think im just a baby, but the "feel" of the game is what keeps me playing, and I liked the feel of BC/Wrath wow (didnt play in vanilla). Guess its just a classic case of wanting things to stay the way they are, oh well!

Allureana's Avatar Active Member
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    21/11
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, gotcha. Thats what I was thinking, just wasnt sure. Would be nice if Blizz could add an option to use classic spell animations. You could put it right under the option to use new character models! Especially since it only changes the look for you and doesnt affect anyone else!

I realize people may read my complaints about new spell animations and think im just a baby, but the "feel" of the game is what keeps me playing, and I liked the feel of BC/Wrath wow (didnt play in vanilla). Guess its just a classic case of wanting things to stay the way they are, oh well!
    The word you're looking for is "solastalgia" - homesickness for the way things used to be when you haven't actually gone anyplace different but the surroundings have changed around you.
    I have a toon named Solastalgia... on a private server somewhere I know of.

Thanks G/R
    3/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Allureana View Post
    The word you're looking for is "solastalgia" - homesickness for the way things used to be when you haven't actually gone anyplace different but the surroundings have changed around you.
    Lol, spot on man

Enuma's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    4/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Allureana View Post
    Nah man, its not only that.. most of spell animations are half done, broken or bug out in certain conditions. And those which were done right - they pulled it back in last second.
    Theres a extensive topic on EU and US forums just about priests, shadow has its moments, but mostly holy and disc have a lot of issues.

Shadow, for instance, if you enter Void Form and cast Mind Blast and after it Mind Flay, character model will bug out for few sec in their new, "W" combat-ready pose and fire mind flay directly out of your BODY (not hands)

priests combat ready pose are with hands half wide spread and risen up to the point of shoulders, representing "W" with mild head tilt upwards.

Theres also bug where.. since shadow priests now levitate in their void form, their lower body (below knees and whole feet) clip for a few sec, landing in diffrent pose than they initially should.

And have you seen Human Female Mage's combat ready stance? Its like they were riding a barrel for half of their lifetime, legs widely spread.

Wouldnt that call it "nostalgia" TBH, would say it.. partly nostalgia, force of habit, but more of a job half done with updates.

My shadow became literally horrific for me up to the point that i switched just a week before patch went live to sub rogue. Im not logging on him till they fix the god damn things or atleast give me glyph that removes floating from Void Form.

Allureana's Avatar Active Member
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    21/11
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nostalgia is a sentimentality for the past. Nostalgia - Wikipedia
    Solastalgia is psychic and emotional distress caused by the changes around you (environmental change): Solastalgia - Wikipedia

I can't speak to your own feelings, but I'm personally feeling more stressed out about all the changes made in the game beginning with Legion.
    I don't do PVP and usually avoid dungeons until I can solo them. Because of that, I really don't care what the combat effects look like or what particular type of gear is appropriate.
    I usually play solo, doing gathering and crafting professions with many differently skilled (profession skilled) alts, using guilds peopled by my various alts as storage banks for crafting professions.
    Doing dungeons stresses me, so until I can solo them, I usually avoid them. Changes in Legion now forciing scenarios and required dungeons stress me again, so... I have one level 103 that might not get much higher except by professions.
    The ONLY toon I had that I had leveled from 1 all the way to 90, was my warlock with herbalism and inscription. She had over 500 inscription skills, made a very cool Pandaria weapon with inscription and USED to be able to ride both her Felsteed and Dreadsteed across open water while trailing flames from their hooves thanks to the Glyph of Nightmares. When Blizzard gutted the Inscription profession, my Warlock could no longer run on water (without using consumables water walking potions) and could no longer ride her two mounts on the water. Also, she could no longer sell glyphs in the AH for 30-40 gold each anymore, since Blizzard removed all the glyphs that did anything but completely useless cosmetic effects. In effect, they ruined my proudest character.
    Sometimes it was fun to select gear from a drop choice selection, that had a look you wanted, even though it might have been the "wrong" type of armor for that class. I probably have one of the few death knights with the leather armor "Sandrene's Invisible Vest". Blizzard changes that quest so that now only leather wearers, and specifically only leather wearers get that offered as the drop for the quest. Not only that, ONLY druids and monks can get it, even though demon hunters are specifically leather wearers, they can do the quest, but can't get that item. Even level appropriate leather wearing normal hunters can no longer get the drop, which is weird because they used to have to wear leather up to 39 before they got changed to mail.at 40.
    Also, it used to be that any class who wore leather, mail, or plate could choose the leather drop, but not anymore. The quest no longer offers the user a choice, because Blizzard took that away.
    Probably because they couldn't figure out how to fix transmogrification for hunters trying to mog leather with leather items while they were under 40. Mogging for hunters didn't work until they were up into the 40's and wearing mail.
    I'm still staying in WoW. It's a kind of "home" place for me and more than 85 toons on my 3 accounts. I will probably continue to "live" in this game playing toons from level 1 to 100. More expansions will be released, the game will get slower, other things will get broken. But at least my Draenei all still look like themselves. My engineers can still make Flying Machines. My jewelcrafter can make some of the various panthers and will learn the others soon enough. I will have my alchemists mail bunches of walking on water potions to my warlock. The parts of the game that stress me will simply be avoided. The World of Warcraft is a huge game with lots of places for less warlike people to continue gathering and crafting professions. I just hope that Blizzard's removal of primary profession displays from the Armory isn't a precursor to them removing primary professions altogether. I guess they figure heirloom gear has made leatherworking, blacksmithing and other gear making pointless. They certainly didn't mind making inscription useless.

I understand that for the latest expansion, you can't even get ON the Vindicaar unless you have a certain minimum of artifact equipped gear acquired from playing Legion areas. I also understand there are some quest lines in Legion you can't complete without doing (now mandatory) dungeons for that quest line. These things don't worry me. I have probably never finished all the quest lines in any area over 60.

Solastalgia is about the stress caused by the changes in the environment. For me, the changed (and newer) areas of the game are stressful. You won't find me in Legion areas unless my spouse drags me there to help with their character - where they usually do tanking for me against PVE mobs not even in dungeons.
    Nostalgia being sentimental about the past, doesn't really fit me. I LIKE being able to fly in Eastern Kingdoms, Kalimdor, and even (now that I finally can), in Pandaria and Draenor.
    I like being able to wear heirloom gear, mogged to a look I like so I don't have to worry about what drops to keep, or which armor to change to next. I get to send more things to my Enchanters to be turned into magic dusts and such. I don't miss not being able to fly in Eastern and Kalmidor. I don't miss getting attacked by aggressive Owlkins in Ammenvale.

Why am I staying in WoW wiith so many things that now stress me? Because there are still so many things in the game that I love and don't want to leave. I just can't abandon my many alts.
    And besides, even compared to WoW as it is now or as it ever was, all the other games just plain suck, and I'm pretty sure that will always be true.
    Last edited by Allureana; 09-02-2017 at 02:53 PM.