0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bots do not exist, so says the OP

I was browsing the mmo-champion forums and I stumbled upon a nice thread that you might get a kick out of. It was already locked when I saw it, and I copy and pasted it since I believe it won't be there long. We need more people like this guy to spread the word that bots do not exist. Lol.

Okay, I think it's time we took a serious, critical look on these claims of "bots".

"Aaaw! The bots are taking over! WoW is doomed! Even top guilders are using bots yadda yadda yadda."

We hear it all the time, the botters are increasing, they're out of control, they're ruining the market, there's an entire Chinese industry around it, Blizzard is not doing anything about it etc.

Now at some point I used to believe this, but the more you think about it, the more you realize it is nothing but an insane conspiracy theory and, well to be frank, racism, I assume by those kind of people who, for some inexplicable reason, don't like Asians because they're Asians.

So let's dispel the myth of "botting". Bots do not exist, they are an urban (or should I say digital) myth. Well, technically they do, but the point is, there is such a thing as Warden and you can look it up on Wikipedia. It is impossible to have a third party program messing up in all sorts of ways with your WoW and Warden not knowing there's terribly terribly wrong. If someone did use a bot they'd be insta-banned within minutes. Even if someone could design an undetectable bot, he'd have to know the source code of the game. To get it right by chance would simply be impossible, you'd be losing account after account on silly programming mistakes, perfecting the technique and in the end all for what? Shiny epics you'll lose within a week?

And for people saying look at Uldum look at Uldum, BOTTERS! Uh, there are many players who simply farm there and don't like to be disturbed.

Yes sometimes they fly into trees but that doesn't prove anything. It can happen if you accidentally leave auto-run on or if you are tired/drunk/whatever, people can lose their coordination that's just how it goes.

And the idea that top guilders bot, LOL, they wouldn't be insane enough to risk that sort of thing with their realm 1st/whatever status. It's simply not worth it by ANY reasonable standard. Better to do a few dailies and professions than lose your purples and achivs.

Which brings us to Myth #2: The Gold Selling Industry

Now don't get me wrong, as with bots, I'm sure there's a tiny tiny tiny TINY minority of the wow population who would like to purchase this kind of "currency" because they're lazy or want some super mount or whatever. But they do that much more safely (and privately) from guild members and they're rare.

The idea that there are millions and millions of westerners with big bucks who can sustain an entire gold trading industry somewhere in China (Why China? Why not the other bottom half countries with low incomes? Racism/xenophobia probably!) is again akin to some far-fetched crazy conspiracy theory.

The entire idea is so contradictory people can't even make up their minds:
    1. manual farm?
    2. bots?
    3. hacked accounts?
    People can't make up their minds, because it's all fake or mostly fake / blown out of proportion at least. Most of the hacked accounts probably come from people sharing accounts and being afraid to admit the truth. Blizzard of course doesn't want to anger its customers so it goes along with the story "Okay, you were hacked, no problem, here have this device for 6 euro and an extra 24 euro transport fee"

If there was indeed some army of Chinese bots, then why would they need workers? And if they hire workers why do they risk bots? Etc. Etc.

Then there's myth #3: Inflation from botting/whatever

So don't get me wrong, isolated events do exist but let's stop with the scare tactics and conspiracy theories. Wow is not going to crash or go away because of botters. It's because of the game changes and the people reacting to them.

If the game is boring (shared lockouts, lack of stuff to do etc.), then people quit playing, plain and simple.

Bots do not exist, so says the OP
    CryptoCombat's Avatar Contributor #define ME 0x1337 CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I lol'd pretty hard at that shit. Link to original?

CryptoCombat's Avatar Contributor #define ME 0x1337 CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I lol'd pretty hard at that shit. Link to original?

Found it, nvm: The Myth of Bots

Maccer's Avatar gay secks CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    40/10
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like it how he pretends to know what he's talking about.
    Doesn't belong to this section though...
    Leecher --> Member --> Contributor --> Elite --> News Team --> Elite --> Legendary --> Lurkin'

Luciferozzy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this made me think about real life conspiracy, they must lought so much when we say they dont exist...

phr33ko's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL I think he's joking..I hope he is

LogicWin's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    4/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I <3 the part of

t is impossible to have a third party program messing up in all sorts of ways with your WoW and Warden not knowing there's terribly terribly wrong. If someone did use a bot they'd be insta-banned within minutes

Reminds me of: http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showp...84&postcount=1
    Last edited by LogicWin; 01-25-2012 at 01:00 PM.

imtakinusrs's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was some nice trolling. Too bad MMOC mods cockblocked on that one.
    I /point /laugh at those who /point /laugh at others!
    And if you cannot laugh at yourself, I'll be more than happy to do it in your stead.

TehVoyager's Avatar I just love KuRIoS
    Thanks G/R
    85/470
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    0/10 obvioustrollisobvious

(don't post things I post to Patreon.)

Mammalsauce's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Next up on fortehlulz, Software Security Exploits Do Not Exist, and Why, How 1234 Is a Secure Password as Long as You Don't Tell Anyone, and Fifty Reasons Not To Lock Your Car.

Darknights's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    at first i was like, this must be a joke. I really hope it is. I dont like to think that there are people this thick in the world

edit: OH phew, its a joke :P
    Ah, your ears are fine. It's what's between 'em that scares me.

ieatglueandstuff's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny story bots don't run the economy for nothing. The big gold holders are people who have no direct relation to the bots at all. They buy bot farmed bs and turn it into a much larger profit. Each expansion something pops up like cata we had the 365 patterns, by snatching up the mats from w/e source boom instantly from 100k-1million gold. Now I gather this from specific friends who sit above 1million gold at all times and I know for a fact donot bot. Ive sold them some botted merchandise tho well not some but a lot of it. Now the funny thing is if you farm actually they still buy from you.

eSko's Avatar YmxhY2tqYWNrJmhvb2tlcnM= CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    75/24
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And when I said that bots don't exist, nobody believed me. Here is your proof!

BlackNet's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Old jedi mind trick! The force is strong in this one!

Placebbo's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    EPIC!