0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gone Fishing (Mac Fishbot)

Hey all, this may be posted somewhere deep in the forums, but as a Mac user I thought it would be good to have a clear guide on the setup and use of GoneFishiing, going a bit beyond what one can glean from the website and setup.

Firstly in my opinion this doesn't run as well as the Windows fishbots, but we must make do with what we have.

What is key for getting this bot to work efficiently is the location of your fishing. From many hours of trial and error this bot seems to struggle in badly lit areas, although it is possible to get this to work anywhere with some patience.

When fishing outside to have the sun behind you to brighten the colors of the lure, this may sound trivial but I can, and I'm sure others who use this mod extensively can as well, testify that this can make a huge difference in the recognition of the bobber.

Secondly, remove any cast bars that hover where the bobber my well land, they can confuse the mob and cause premature clicking. Although this may not sound once again like a huge difference, farming like this takes place over many hours and this can result in a 10% less haul over extended periods.

Take great care when selecting the recognition color, fishing in places like Durotar, Barrens, Org etc requires use of the blue leaf of the lure, and for WG, Borean etc, the use of the red leaf. Although this may seem obvious I have another tip that I find increases the pickup. When selecting your bobber color use the magnifying glass to pick up the color, and then manually decrease the brightness of the colour by around 4-6mm on your screen, smaller screens (like my 15inch lappy) around 4mm, larger screens, desktops for instance around 6mm. I'm sure I could work this out in percentages, but i don't wanna make you get your calculators out.

I am currently working on places that are both secretive, safe and most importantly effective for this particular mod, I've found that some of the ones posted in the main threaed seem to have confused poor Gone Fishing.

As I learn more, and I still am learning about this thing, I'll post it here

Gone Fishing (Mac Fishbot)
    vipe1987's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

!

Originally Posted by magepriest View Post
    Hey all, this may be posted somewhere deep in the forums, but as a Mac user I thought it would be good to have a clear guide on the setup and use of GoneFishiing, going a bit beyond what one can glean from the website and setup.

Firstly in my opinion this doesn't run as well as the Windows fishbots, but we must make do with what we have.

What is key for getting this bot to work efficiently is the location of your fishing. From many hours of trial and error this bot seems to struggle in badly lit areas, although it is possible to get this to work anywhere with some patience.

When fishing outside to have the sun behind you to brighten the colors of the lure, this may sound trivial but I can, and I'm sure others who use this mod extensively can as well, testify that this can make a huge difference in the recognition of the bobber.

Secondly, remove any cast bars that hover where the bobber my well land, they can confuse the mob and cause premature clicking. Although this may not sound once again like a huge difference, farming like this takes place over many hours and this can result in a 10% less haul over extended periods.

Take great care when selecting the recognition color, fishing in places like Durotar, Barrens, Org etc requires use of the blue leaf of the lure, and for WG, Borean etc, the use of the red leaf. Although this may seem obvious I have another tip that I find increases the pickup. When selecting your bobber color use the magnifying glass to pick up the color, and then manually decrease the brightness of the colour by around 4-6mm on your screen, smaller screens (like my 15inch lappy) around 4mm, larger screens, desktops for instance around 6mm. I'm sure I could work this out in percentages, but i don't wanna make you get your calculators out.

I am currently working on places that are both secretive, safe and most importantly effective for this particular mod, I've found that some of the ones posted in the main threaed seem to have confused poor Gone Fishing.

As I learn more, and I still am learning about this thing, I'll post it here

Good post man. I have had difficulties with the main thread tactics as u said. I been trying to get this to work for over 5x times in WOTLK. It never worked for me, it didnt even find the lure thingy.

NuklHed92's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow thanks!

Jonatan's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a Mac use you dont use Gone Fishing anymore, it have a big fail rate and is not realy good, the same man who is developing gone fishing is also doing a Mac bot called Pocket Gnome, and he have just reliased Pocket Gnome 2 witch includes a Fishing Bot. This Fishing bot have a lot of new stuff as "Fishing in schools", never fail fishing and can be runned in background while you are in FireFox or what ever.

So use Pocket Gnome 2 if you are a mac user (its also a very nice grinding and PvP bot)

Pocket Gnome Forums • View topic - 1.3.7f - Fishing Added - WoW 3.1.3