Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HowTo: Run Glider on 64bit OS via Virtual Machine

Intro:

Hello everyone, I am making this guide for users who are using 64bit OS's in the wow botting community. As of now, Innerspace is known to run on 64 bit OS, therefore openbot and wowbot work and glider does as well.... kinda. It has been a long standing request by members of the glider community to have an official version of glider capable to run in a 64-bit environment, here are the facts:

• Glider can "technically" run in a 64bit OS, the downside is that it does so without the use of it's shadow driver
    • Merc and Hamut have said repeatedly that using /nodriver on a 64bit OS post May 20th banwave is a security risk

Background:
    There is a way around this. How you might ask? Virtual Machines. Virtual Machines are as they sound, emulated computers inside your host operating system. While Virtual Machine software such as VMWare, Hyper-V, Xen, etc.. populate many distributions of operating systems from Windows to Linux, there are only two solutions capable of supporting our needs of hardware accelerated virtual machines

VMWare Fusion for MAC and Moka5 for Windows, which happens to be free and this is what we will be using for this tutorial.

What you will need to start your VM:
    *I am assuming you are running a 64bit OS if you read this*
    *This guide is being used on Vista Ultimate 64bit, more OS to come*

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------>
    Installing the Software:

1. First, install the Moka5 Engine. Follow the prompts and when finished, DO NOT LET IT UPGRADE TO NEW VERSION *Note* If you have a newer VMWare Workstation Installation or newer version of VMWare player, this most likely will not work without uninstalling the newer versions.

*Note: Delete the VM that comes with it by clicking the down arrow next to the wrench and click delete. *

Setting up your XP VM:

Now click the advanced settings button.
    1. Under General Tab, type in 512mb of RAM for the VM to use
    2. In the Advanced Tab, check, mouse auto grab.
    3. Note that Moka already chooses to make a 20g space, which is just right for Windows XP+WoW+Bot
    4. Press the Create Button!
    5. It will now go back to the main dialog, Press the Play Button.
    6. You now need to install Windows XP to the new Virtual Hard Drive. If you are not accustomed to installing Windows XP and just like to bot, Here is a good guide.

Wait a few min and you should get
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------>
    Setting things up inside the VM:
    *It is VERY IMPORTANT YOU DO THESE IN ORDER*

1. Go to the Moka5 Main Dialog and press the stop button
    2. Click Yes to stop it
    3. Click the wrench with the down arrow next to the vm and go to configure
    4. Go to the Storage Tab
    5. The third device down should be your install CD Setting or ISO file you used to install windows xp, change the path to the VMWare Tools ISO image you downloaded
    6. Click OK
    7. Start your Virtual Windows XP Back up!

1. In your virtual XP in My Computer, VMWare Tools should show it is in your cd drive. Install it
    2. Do a Complete Install
    3. RESTART THE VM, otherwise it wont work ^^

1. Copy and Paste the Link for the Moka5 Tools from earlier in the post, and paste it into the browser inside your VM, yes that works! Firefox users, rightclick and copy link location, IE users.. You need help, go to Firefox web browser | Faster, more secure, & customizable
    2. After downloading and installing Moka5 tools, you will get a prompt for Windows XP to "replace with correct drivers" or something along those lines... CLICK CANCEL OR YOU MESSED UP EVERYTHING YOU DID SO FAR!
    3. Restart your VM Immediately.
    4. When you login, it will sit at a black screen for a bit, just give it some time.

You have now successively setup a Virtual Machine running a 32bit OS for gliding / botting in a 64bit OS.

Part two of the guide will go over what you need to install and some tricks on getting the most out of your VM as well as some FAQ.

Enjoy!
    -Ryan

HowTo: Run Glider on 64bit OS via Virtual Machine
    yoyoman765's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What you need to install in your new VM

*Note: You can download all these files to your main pc and then just cut and paste them into your virtual machines folders *

As stated above, download the things you need and just copy and paste them into your virtual machines folders, or you could even download them from the virtual machine windows xp.

Tips on Increasing Performance of Virtual Machine:

right click My Computer, go to properties then the advanced tab, under performance click settings, click button for adjust settings for best performance. click ok.

go to system restore tab, turn off system restore option, exit menu.

click start, go to run and type services.msc *For all service names I mention, turn them off by right clicking the service, go to properties, click stop service then the disable option in the menu:

Themes
    Security Center
    Windows Firewall
    Alerter
    Automatic Updates
    Error Reporting Service
    Indexing service

Well I hope you liked my little tutorial on virtual machines. Keep in mind you can also make a zip or rar of your VM's to use as development platforms for botting or a clean slate OS ready to go for any project.

If I helped you, please post a reply in the thread and let me know anything you might want to know

cheers!
    Last edited by yoyoman765; 07-06-2008 at 06:26 PM.

Cryt's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that.. is awesome. my stupid 64bit vista has way too many issues with bots, so this should help.. hopefully.

+rep x2 thanks for sharing!
    Where there's a will, there's an inheritance.
    aim
    sielonsusmsn[email protected]

cartwright's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe it has changed, but last time i checked VM's only supported upto directX 8 and had a poor to none 3D gfx support.. And I haven't been able to even run wow on a VM, even with some change to ini-files workaround to force 3D support
    Last edited by cartwright; 07-06-2008 at 03:51 AM.

BlackPhynix's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i´m not sure if it works... i had the same idea yesterday and tried Microsoft Virtual PC 2007. There it doesn´t work cause it hasn´t any Grafikchip. Only one with 6mb ram and it can´t show 3D games. so plx post an video where youre starting World of Warcraft in the VMWare or many Screenshots which can prove it...

then i´ll rep you^^

BlackPhynix's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a picture where it shows your grafikchip in the device manager should proove it anyway easier

eLm0's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    tnx ;>:wave:

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Cryt View Post
    that.. is awesome. my stupid 64bit vista has way too many issues with bots, so this should help.. hopefully.

+rep x2 thanks for sharing!
    Np, hope you like it. Note if you want to install using your wow dvd's, just follow the steps to install the VMWare tools, but choose your physical CD ROM drive on the list My favorite way is to just network the VM to the main pc and copy the folder over

Originally Posted by cartwright View Post
    Maybe it has changed, but last time i checked VM's only supported upto directX 8 and had a poor to none 3D gfx support.. And I haven't been able to even run wow on a VM, even with some change to ini-files workaround to force 3D support
    The Moka5 tools allows the Virtual Machine to connect straight to your graphics card Thats why this is unique from other VM's as I stated in the Background section.

Originally Posted by BlackPhynix View Post
    i´m not sure if it works... i had the same idea yesterday and tried Microsoft Virtual PC 2007. There it doesn´t work cause it hasn´t any Grafikchip. Only one with 6mb ram and it can´t show 3D games. so plx post an video where youre starting World of Warcraft in the VMWare or many Screenshots which can prove it...

then i´ll rep you^^
    alright, ill see if I can get a small vid up today.

illogic's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks ima try it..
    Looks like you put alot of work into making this guide. +rep

Yeti's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i've always been able to run innerspace on my vista 64 bit. thats nothing new, and for glider instead of doing a vm, you can do /nodriver at the end of the short cut or whatever, but this stops you from being able to do other things while doing it.

wowpanda's Avatar Site Donator
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally, a good solution for dual boxing zoloFighter!! Thanks! +rep!

hmm, I can't find rep button...
    Last edited by Flying Piggy; 10-30-2008 at 10:18 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for your comments everyone and the rep

Im further testing the newer versions of the software, its just immensely time consuming installing os, loading drivers, isntalling wow and installing os for VM's over and over again I hope to have some good pics up for you all very soon of my latest stuff.

Arimil's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice guide you can tell he took his time +Rep For you!

yoshidream's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any ideas why I keep getting the error of the Product key is locked when I open the bot, yesterday it was just working fine !!! Please, help , by the way i'm new here so thanks to everyone for every support !!! =D

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by yoshidream View Post
    Any ideas why I keep getting the error of the Product key is locked when I open the bot, yesterday it was just working fine !!! Please, help , by the way i'm new here so thanks to everyone for every support !!! =D

try a fresh install of glider. Ive never personally had this error before.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast