2D's Repack of Doom 2.643 SQL Dump Version and Guide for dummies (image heavy) menu

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Drathnar's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2D's Repack of Doom 2.643 SQL Dump Version and Guide for dummies (image heavy)

PLEASE DISCONTINUE USE OF THIS REPACK 2DGREENGIANT HAS A NEW VERSION OUT WHICH ALSO INCLUDES A SQL DUMP AND FIXES ALLOT OF BUGS PLEASE USE THAT --- THANKS DRATH

Updates 11/21/2007:
    1. Clarified a few things in the guide to make things easier to understand

Updates 11/20/2007:

1. Removed the logon db sql dump and instructions for the logon db as it is not needed and just changed everything to the ascent db and modified the guide as such..
    2. Updated the download file (modified a couple config files as so they use the ascent db vice the logon db and removed the logon db sql dump)

Alot of people have been asking for this so.. (Credits for the repack itself go to 2dgreengiant and Chrispee. Original Repack can be found here
    http://www.mmowned.com/forums/emulat...v-2-643-a.html I am just writing this guide and adding a sql dump version for everyone)
    (note: this guide will/may change as I come across new stuff or 2d makes changes or people suggest additions, also it has allot of screenshots for those who probably need them)

This guide Includes a download of
    1. 2dgreengiant & chrispees repack of doom SQL Dump Version 2.643
    (Also includes the regular version)
    2. Navicat Trial version
    3. Excel Spreadsheet with Commands/Item ID's (borrowed this from somewhere on here awhile ago, I believe one of Chrispee's repacks)
    4. Notepad documents and html documents with many more ID's (also borrowed from somewhere on this site)
    5. Download link to Mysql
    6. Download link to winrar

The complete SQL setup instructions for each tool including Screenshots both for DYNDNS (public and local) installs. (Note: this will work with any sql dump database not just 2d's, however config files may be different)

Setup Instructions SQL Dump Version

These are step by step instructions if you follow them to a T you cannot fail
    1. Download and install winrar here (just keep clicking next when prompted)
    http://www.rarlab.com/rar/wrar371.exe

1.5. Download the SQL dump version of the repack from here MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    (after download Leave this file alone for the time being you will extract it later)

2. Download MySql (will only give windows instructions)
    Windows Version (click no thanks just take me to the download at the bottom of the page)
    MySQL AB :: Select a Mirror

Any other version
    MySQL AB :: MySQL 5.0 Downloads

3. Double click the icon you just downloaded and extract it to your desktop start the setup it will extract your install files and then display the following, on this page click next.

4. Choose Typical Then click next

5. Click the install button (it will install sql for a min)

6. Check the box that says configure mysql server now then click finish

7. Click Next

8. Click Standard Configuration then click Next

9. Leave everything the same and click Next

10. Type in ascent in both password fields then click next (Do Not check enable root access from remote machines)

11. Press Execute (the process will run and everything should all have blue check marks) then Click finish

Navicat Setup

1. Extract the GreenGSql.rar file to your c:\ drive Or wherever you would like I prefer the C:\ drive however

2. Within the Greengiant and chrispee's ascent repack folder which should now be located where you extracted it there will be a file called navicat8_mysql_en double click this and open it up..

3. Click Next

4. Click I accept the agreement then click next (suggest u always read the agreement)

5. Click Next

6. Click Next again

7. Click Next again

8. Click install (the program will install)

9. Click finish (im not adding an image here nothing else you can do)

10. Double click the Navicat for MySQL icon on your desktop

11. After navicat opens click connection

12. Name your connection anything, then type ascent in the pw box then click ok

12. Double click the connection you just made it should connect

13. Right click the connection and choose New Database

14. Type in ascent as the database name and click ok

15. Step Removed as it is not needed any longer

16. Double click the ascent database that you just created (it will now open) then right click it and choose Execute Batch File...

17. click the three dots and browse to your repack folder you created earlier then open the sql dumps folder and choose ascent and click open

18. Click start and the database will be populated with the sql dump (this may take awhile)

19. Step removed as it is no longer needed

20. Right click the ascent database and choose refresh then double click tables under the ascent database you should see something like this, then double click accounts..

21. Change the logon and pw to whatever you would like for your account (not including ss's here) then to add another account there is a + sign at the bottom of the page click that if you would like to add an account.

a) fields to take note of
    1. acct: account number can be anything but has to be numeric
    2. login: User login
    3. password: User Password
    4. gm: az = gm blank = not gm
    5. banned: 0 = not banned 1 = banned
    6. flags: 0 = no BC 8 = BC enabled

22. Close out of navicat

Setting up your dyndns (no screenshots in this section/ may add later) Only do this if you want a public server1. go to
    DynDNS -- Dynamic DNS, E-Mail Delivery and Other Services

2. Click Create an account.. once your account is created click add host services.

3. Type in a hostname and choose a suffix from the dropdown list ex. mine.nu (write down the hostname and suffix you choose you will need it later)

4. check the wildcard box and leave the Host with IP address selected

5. click the link that says Use auto detected IP address (it will populate the box above it (write down this IP address you will need it later))

6. leave e-mail routing unchecked and click create host

7. You are completed with dyndns setup you may close the window.

Setting up your hosts file within windows (only do this if you want a public server)

1. Browse to C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc

2. right click and open your hosts file in notepad and configure it like the following image. (note: to get your local ip go to start then run and type cmd hit enter then in the box that appears type ipconfig, your local ip will be the one twards the top that says IP Address: 192.168.x.x, your public ip is the one we wrote down from dyndns)

3. save the changes to hosts and close the file

Setting up your config files (note: if you did not download my version of 2d's repack your config files will be different and require more changes)

2. Open ascent.cfg in notepad (located in c:\Greengiant and chrispee's ascent repack\Ascent)

Find

Code:
    <Realm1 Name = "Test Realm"
            Address = "127.0.0.1:8129"
            Icon = "PVP"
            Colour = "1"
            Population = "1.0"
            TimeZone = "1">
    Replace
    Realm1 Name = "Test Realm"
    with
    Realm1 Name = "What you want to call your Realm"

Replace (if you want it to be local only do not change this)

Address = "127.0.0.1:8129"
    with
    Address = "yourpublicip:8129"

Realmlist.wtf edits

1. Open realmlist.wtf in notpad (this is located in your world of warcraft directory)

Find

Code:
    set realmlist us.logon.worldofwarcraft.com

Replace with

set realmlist http://yourdyndnshere (if you want it to be local only use 127.0.0.1 instead of http://yourdydnshere)

Router Setup (for non local servers only)

1. I am not going to explain how to set up each and every router to do port forwarding but if you have a router in order for your server to be public you need to open ports..

3724-3724
    80-80
    3306-3306
    8129-8129
    8093-8093
    6112-6112
    6881-6999
    3036-3036
    8050-8050

(note: if you have a firewall turned on on your pc you also need this turned off or you need to open these ports on your firewall as well)

Starting the server (note: following files located in the folder on your C:\ drive that we created earlier)

1. start logonserver.exe (located in the ascent folder)
    2. when it says hooking signals start ascent.exe
    (located in the ascent folder)
    (note: do not start realmserver)
    3. Once that is complete you are now ready to logon

You are now Completed.. to get friends to connect have them change their realmlist.wtf file to match yours.

(note: If anyone has any suggestions of additions/changes please let me know I will do my best to comply, and keep in mind this is not my repack but I can possibly add stuff to it for download if need be but this is not something i will do on a regular basis this is just a sql dump version of his db and a guide on how to install it)

Last edited by Drathnar; 11-30-2007 at 08:44 AM.

2D's Repack of Doom 2.643 SQL Dump Version and Guide for dummies (image heavy)
    Lancedalot's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: 2D's Repack of Doom 2.643 SQL Dump Version and Guide for dummies (image heavy)

WOW! Thanks for all the information! I am in the process of getting a priviate server up and running for my own personal entertainment and have foud the aboe information very usefull. Thank you again.
    -Lancedalot

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: 2D's Repack of Doom 2.643 SQL Dump Version and Guide for dummies (image heavy)

Originally Posted by Lancedalot View Post
    WOW! Thanks for all the information! I am in the process of getting a priviate server up and running for my own personal entertainment and have foud the aboe information very usefull. Thank you again.
    -Lancedalot
    Thanks, I am glad it helped you if you have any questions let me know also i modified the tutorial and the download file a tad bit to remove some un-needed stuff and fix some bugs

2dgreengiant's Avatar ★ Elder ★

Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what the hell is the point of this when my repack has mysql built in why would you maek it harder for nubs to use?
    If you need me you have my skype, if you don't have my skype then you don't need me.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by 2dgreengiant View Post
    what the hell is the point of this when my repack has mysql built in why would you maek it harder for nubs to use?
    Because people asked for it.. meh my apologies for giving people in the community something they have been asking for for a long time, and there are bad things about having the built in sql db also and not the sql dump that confuse people (some people find it harder for some reason to use the built in database) ..

Don't have to be all rude about it, was just trying to help
    Last edited by Drathnar; 11-20-2007 at 12:38 PM.

controlsx2's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im one of them people ive got nothin but problems with the built in one

controlsx2's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i can log in fine but all my friends are getting stuck on

logging into game server...

it loops back to realm selection all the time any ideas

2dgreengiant's Avatar ★ Elder ★

Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't have to be all rude about it, was just trying to help
    arggggggg dont worry
    Last edited by 2dgreengiant; 11-20-2007 at 03:16 PM.
    If you need me you have my skype, if you don't have my skype then you don't need me.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by controlsx2 View Post

hm.. did you make any changes other than what I posted to change in your config files?

If they can connect to the server and create chars then your dydns settings and your router settings should be fine.. as well as your hosts file

TristinD's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drathar nice that you make this with sql dumb cuz i cant get on the repack real to launch mysql it says a error

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by controlsx2 View Post

I removed the logon.sql file dump earlier so you should be making all the account changes and additions in ascent database with that in mind based on your config files..

in logonserver
    <LogonDatabase Hostname = "localhost"
    Username = "root"
    Password = "ascent"
    Name = "login" << needs to be ascent
    Port = "3306"
    Type = "1">

In realms

<Realm1 Name = "Test Realm"
    Address = "127.0.0.1:8129" << in red needs to be your external IP
    Icon = "PVP"
    Colour = "1"
    Population = "1.0"
    TimeZone = "1">
    Last edited by Drathnar; 11-20-2007 at 06:34 PM.

Kill604's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks it works perfectly

Miziki's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what version is this guide? i dont want to do it and to see it won't work!:wave:
    anyway +Rep

handyman's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this a new version? = Can i add portals and vendors to this server, like i cant on the old one?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by handyman View Post
    Is this a new version? = Can i add portals and vendors to this server, like i cant on the old one?
    This version is 2d's newest version fully compatible with 2.3 and yes u can add portals and vendors

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast