0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Guide] Iwana Fishinglvling + Fishingspots

First of all: Yes this bot still works in 2.3, tested myself on a main and an alt!
    Thank you Ziao for this great bot!

Who should use this bot?

This bot has been the first I ever worked with, and I mst say that it is superb in every aspect.
    Ziao really delivered a nice piece of software, a must for everyone that
    * wants to lvl fishing without being behind the computer
    * wants to farm fishes and wants to do so afk
    * doesn't have the time for farming for a long time
    This bot is the best solution to all these problems.

Halp! I can't get this shitbot working!

relax, take a deep breath and follow these steps:

So, to all the people who still do not understand the program, I will try to explain one more time (I spended almost 3 hours learning how to set up the program on different surfaces, so just hang in there and you will make it)

1. - Download this awesome fishbot from the zipfile that is in the bottom of the first post, the real link doesnt work
    2. - Start WoW
    3. - Start fishbot

4. - Close fishbot - if you look into the Iwana folder a new file will be created, here you should schange randomtitle form 0 to 1 on a live server

5. - Open fishbot again
    6. - In WoW change in videosettings the screen to windowed mode (maximized i did not enable)

7. - Put the fishingskill (icon) on your first slot of your first bar
    8. - Go stand near a water, try to take water that has an even color, no shadows or anything in it... The water in the canals in Stormwind is superb to learn

9. - Scroll into your character, so that you see "through his eyes" (yeah, they like to call it 1st person, I know :P )

10. - go to fisbot and put your cursor in profile and type for example Stormwind setup (you will need to make a lot of profiles to get everything working. DOn't care about names, just be sure to write down what are the good profiles for you to use, and afterwards you can alter the names or delete profiles in the .txt file that is created in the Iwana folder)

11. - click start - the fishbot will tell you that such a profile does not exist, if you want to create one, and on confirm you will need to retype the name. Fishbot will bring WoW to foreground again, cast the fishspell and take a screenshot

12. when you see the screenshot a message will come that you need to select a color. Click ok -your cursor changes into a cross- and click on the dobber. As the message said, take a well seen color, the red feather in blue water, the blue feather in pinkish water, whatever.

Below I have made some marks on a screenshot to explain a bit better.
    First choose the color you are gonna go with, red or blue. As you see by the 2 squares in the water, red is better contrast with the water then the blue.
    So, when you go for the red feather, select in the screenshot that Iwana fishbot gives you in the top of the red feather (of top of the blue if that is the case). Why the top? It has a brighter color there!
    Don't select the part of the feather i marked with stripes, the colors go dark there and give some confusion for the bot.
    Never select the dobber itself cause most of the time it will not work.

Sometimes it can happen when you fish in Moonglade for example, that the water is really bright, and the greenish light in moonglade gives you dobber a dark color, and a bad to see difference between the red and blue.
    the trick in such cases is: make your screen 5/5 water instead of 4/5 water, so you only see the bright water, and click the darkest part of the feathers, closest to the dobber. The bot will then search for the darkblue/black color instead of the red or blue, and will still find it.

13. When you succesfully targetted the right color, the fishbot will pop up again, and you can click start... and sit back...

Remarks:
    *The creater of this superb program (I wanna have your babies pl0x) saud that it is best to change your videosettings (lower), but I found out that (at least for me) this is not required.
    All settings are at max and fishing is working fine.

* If the bot immediately click the dobber immediately after cast / the bot finds it but doesnt click it / the bot doesnt find it / the bot finds it, clicks it too fast / slow you didn't pick the best color... Redefine profile is the only way to solve

* if the cursor "finds" another point, something in the water, a plant, a wall or another object, you need to adjust your view, so you see more water in the screen then 3-4/5, or redefine the color

* If the bot finds the dobber, clicks it (so you see the lootscreen come up) but he doesnt loot the fish, deselect auto loot

* If the cursor finds the mouse but doesn't click it, maybe go to video settings and click default, because some interfaces (mazzleui for example) alter these settings, and thus making it harder for the fishbot to work correctly.

What is the best way to lvl my fishing with this bot?

I do not have the experience with both races to write this for Alliance AND Horde, so I will just write this for the Alliance, and I am sure that my horde Buddies are smart enought to find their own way.

- Go to stormwind, to the fishing trainer called "Arnold Leland" found at the Stormwind canals.

- Ask this man to give you the basic training (0-75)

- Turn to the female vendor next to him (Catherine leland) and see what she has in stock. At first it might be usefull to buy 1 baulb (a lure) and if you are lucky you can also buy a fishing pole from her (limited supply) wich has +5 fishing, not a need but a nice extra when lvling fishing.

Strong Fishing Pole - Items - World of Warcraft

- Now position yourself on the platform where the fishing trainers are, and look towards the south.
    Why not the north? cause otherwise you will have a reflection of light in the water that makes the finding of the bobber a lot harder.
    Just face the bridge that hangs over the water, scroll in your char, position the screen so that you have 4/5th of the screen with water and only the top 1/5th wall, and go for it. Set up Iwana and fish till skill lvl 60-65

- Turn towards the fishingtrainer again and learn the next fishinglvl (75-150)

- Take the bird towards Stranglethorn Vale.

- In Stranglethorn Vale, seek out the fishing trainer named Old man Heming, and buy the book from him called "The Bass and you" wich you will need later to train from 150-225.

- Head towards the "Wailing Caverns", the instance situated in the barrens.

- Why will I be lvling fishing in that instance you think? I can give you a few reasons:
    * fishing skill up doesnt depend on the fish you catch (not the lvl or the type) but the number of catches you make, basically you could skill up in Stormwind canals, but since you want a bit of profit already, deviate fish is teh way to go
    * PvP free zone
    * no people around to report you
    * no mobs around to hit you

The best thing to do imo is just stand inside Wailing Caverns, to be more precise, go stand where Naralax the dramer is, since that is a good spot to fish since there are no mobs.

You can find naralex the sleeper by entering WC, running down till the road splits (left , right, down in the shallow water) and then just go right, follow the road over the bridge, right again, then left. There you will see a druid asleep on some sort of an altar.

The trick with this spot is: mind the torches!
    The torches toss a red glow upon your dobber, that's why the color of it always changes, and the bot has a hard time finding it.
    There are several places in the cave where naralex is where you can fish, but imo the best spot is when you enter Naralex' part of the instance, that you turn immediately left and fish there.

(taken map from worldofwar.net)

The piece i marked as red is the best since there are no torches there, and the water has an even blueish color(no different shadows or lights), wich makes it easier for the bot to find your dobber.

Just face the wall, step in the beginning of the water, scroll in your char, position the screen so that you have 4/5th of the screen with water and only the top 1/5th wall, and go for it. Fish till skill lvl 120 is reached!

- At skill lvl 120, click the book and learn fishing 150-225, and just put fishbot back to work till you reach the max lvl

- At fishing skill lvl 225, leave the Wailing Caverns, and go right outside Theramore to seek out Nat Pagle

and accept the quest he gives.

Nat Pagle, Angler Extreme

Nat Pagle wants you to catch the following fish:

Misty Reed Mahi Mahi from the Misty Reed Strand in the Swamp of Sorrows.

A Sar'theris Striker from the Sar'theris Strand in Desolace.

Feralas Ahi from the Verdantis River of Feralas.

Savage Coast Blue Sailfin from the Savage Coast of Stranglethorn Vale.

Return to Nat Pagle when you have reeled them all in!

Feralas Ahi
    Misty Reed Mahi Mahi
    Sar'theris Striker
    Savage Coast Blue Sailfin Description

Can't say I really enjoy fishin' much. Figure I been at it for a good 20 or 30 years now.

I reckon people are driven to do what they do for different reasons.

Now, I'm not saying you need to fish for 30 years or catch every fish in the sea to become a master fisherman. I reckon you just need to be determined - determined enough to sit on your duff for hours at a time, doin' nothin'.

I'll tell you what, catch me a few rare fish and I'll teach you a thing or two. Here's a list:
    [Feralas Ahi]: 62, 51; Feralas - Feralas Ahi - Items - World of Warcraft
    [Misty Reed Mahi Mahi]: 90, 72; Swamp of Sorrows - Misty Reed Mahi Mahi - Items - World of Warcraft
    [Sar'theris Striker]: 25, 77; Desolace - Sar'theris Striker - Items - World of Warcraft
    [Savage Coast Blue Sailfin]: 33, 32; Stranglethorn Vale - Savage Coast Blue Sailfin - Items - World of Warcraft

(guide and coördinates shameless stolen from wowhead.com Nat Pagle, Angler Extreme - Quests - World of Warcraft)

- Go catch these fishes (easy to get, just like 3-10 catches to get one if you are in the right location), deliver them to the man and go back to the Wailing caverns to train till 300 by catching deviate fishes.

- At skill lvl 300, go get the final book you need (300-375). "The Art of Angling" can be bought from Juno Dufrain in Cenarion Refuge (Zangarmarsh).
    - Go back to Wailing caverns, and get those 75 last points!

Gratz on 375 fishing!

Notes:
    *You can be AFK between 120 (150 but you can learn the skill from the book at skill lvl 120) and 225, since it takes some time, from 225-300 and ofcourse from 300-375. 0 - 120 goes pretty fast so just stay behind your keyboard

*From skill lvl 305 you can fish in zangarmarsh, but since there is no autolure function, I would advise you to stay in the Wailing caverns. The profit between deviate fish and the feltail/zangar sporefish you catch there is (on my server) minimal

*With my setup, sometimes he catches a fish that he doesnt really loot, but I do not care, cause I went to bed having 64 slots open, and I woke up and bags where full, he catched over 1200 fishes, he got a nice green ring (the one ring) and from those 1.2k fishes there were 300+ deviate, so don't care about the fact that he "sometimes" misses one. If you see that he only catches 4 out of 10 trys, then you need to reconfigure

And then finally, some last tips to make it even easier for you

a few tips, common sense, but still usefull;

Lootfilter is the best there is. Just open it (/lf) and go to the tab "names" and there, you can type whatever you want/don't want to keep.

If you want to "see" the loot, the skillup, whispers, ... you need your interface... But it is adviced with any fishbot that you disable it to avoid confusion from the bot.
    For me, it depends where I am fishing, but the bot does not go to my interface/buttons/whatever when they are open while he is fishing, I have no problem with it, but thats your own choice.
    You can just bring up your interface by doing alt-z while he is fishing...

Because you don't want people asking you what you are doing there, whispering for bossts and stuff while you are just afk fishing, I always putted
    /dnd srry I am fishing my ass of here, and loud noises scare the fishies away. My interface is disabled so I won't see your whispers, and no - I don't want to boost you
    Not saying that it keeps people away, but I just think that people (guildies? Randoms?) will get suspicious pretty fast if you are in Wailing caverns all the time, never responding to what they say.

Make a new chatlog called "whispers" or something, so after a night of fishing you can look what people have said to you, without scrolling through a whole chat (especially a to-do when you use lootfilter cause this addon places a lot of text in your chat window)

WiM (some sort of "messenger" ingame is not a good idea to have enabled when you have interface on and are afk. When peeps whisper you, little screens will pop in the middle of your screen and block the fishbot from properly working.

You can fish in zangarmarsh at 375 without lures, but there are a lot of mobs, and pvp will be hard to avoid too.
    If you do want to fish in outlands, on a PvE server for example, and you want to do it outdoor, go to the top north Island in Umbrafen lake (the one to the west of cenarion refuge) No mobs there, so no problem for you...

For the people that are on a PvP server: try to find a mate that has a guild that clears SSC, or atleast Lurker (this is a must). He can give you a sweet spot.
    *Find someone that agrees on this
    *Relog to alt
    *Invite him
    *Convert to raid
    *Make him leader
    *Log out (don't leave the raid!)
    *Make him invite you
    *Let him enter SSC first
    *You enter next
    *He leaves the party.

You are now in raid with your offline alt, and you are inside his saved instance. Find a spot next to the water (Lurkers platform is superb) and start fishing. Lower droprates for feltail and zangarian sporefish, but still great.

And last but not least...The noise the program makes really got me crazy while reading book/being on vent while autofish. Just delete the "Bait" file. Win=win situation

You can find the bot here! http://www.mmowned.com/forums/bots-p...fishbuddy.html
    Last edited by stormcrowsix; 01-15-2009 at 04:16 AM.

[Guide] Iwana Fishinglvling + Fishingspots
    heke01's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: [Guide] Iwana Fishinglvling + Fishingspots

Kiitos !! Tätä opasta olenkin odottanut. /
    Thanks !! That guide i have waited .
    :wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

+REP

the_alchemist's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+Rep this is awseme!

Rohi's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kiitos and Thanks

Ruskig's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you so much, I've been looking for something like this for a loooong time. Wish I could rep you :<

Eski's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great guide. +rep!

Cakewalk's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

very nice, +rop

JMan806's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice compilation and organized, making this easier for those to use. I'll +rep yah especially since you even sited the original makers and sources ^_^

exarkun's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone else having trouble getting it to click after you have a bite? I've tried setting up a profile a hundred times and it moves to the bobber, but it never clicks.

exarkun's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I figured out what was the problem. You do not need to lower your video settings, as stated in the readme. Especially do NOT lower your spell level detail. Keep this on high, as this setting is what shows the splash of the bobber getting a bite. Without this, the bot will not click.

LynXman's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice very guide, but i did catch from 290 skill to 375 in Zangarmash

Wonderboy's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great guide man! I wish they had this when i started using Iwanna, it can be kinda confusing.
    +rep man!

JrCool's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1st: Sorry for double posting

With a ~90% chance it works great!

BUUUT after a few (some times 2 or 4) fishes i get no loot?!
    I get the skills, but i want some fishes too ^^ (just one word: "DEVIAT" )

Please make an option to set a pause between the catches.
    My ping is between 90 and 150 ms and it's to fast witch starting the next catch.

YES, Autoloot is enabled, if i fish by hand it works...
    I think about a short waiting by 100/250 or 500ms

stormcrowsix's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Autoloot should be disabled my friend

JrCool's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by stormcrowsix View Post
    Autoloot should be disabled my friend

Ooops... I just read an F for an N ^^

Readme:
    if you do see the lootwindow, but it doesn't actually loot the fish, just turn of
    'autoloot' which can be found at the interface options
    thx 4 Help ^^
    Last edited by JrCool; 11-21-2007 at 10:02 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast