Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Contact to ENIGMA?

Hello,

I am new to this Forum. But as far as I understand this "Tool" it is reading out the memory of D3. I myself am trying to do something similar for the game Patrizier 2 Gold Edition. I was wondering if in any case it is possible to contact the guy who did the "Data Mining" on diablo 3, so he could probably help me out with some questions.

So what did I accomplish so far on my own project?
    * I am able to find the right process id
    * I am able to collect a list of heaps I can investigate
    * I created methods to scan all the heaps for the data types
    ** int
    ** unsigned int
    ** short
    ** unsigned short
    ** long
    ** unsigned short
    ** float
    ** double
    ** long double
    * I created methods to scan all the modules for the data types
    ** int
    ** unsigned int
    ** double

My actual problem is, that I ain't finding any addresses of ingame information. And right now I dont know how to carry on. Maybe someone who is familiar with this stuff could help me or even ENIGMA could get in contact with me. That would be great.

Best regards,

Moxon1982
    Last edited by moxon1982; 04-20-2017 at 05:43 AM.

Contact to ENIGMA?
    enigma32's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    4/738
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since chrome blocks me with ERR_BLOCKED_BY_XSS_AUDITOR when trying to respond to PM, I'll respond here.

What you've accomplished sounds like nothing, just same search functionality as CheatEngine. It's a start, but relatively it's nothing.
    If you're lucky, the values you are looking for are always written to static addresses, but that's unlikely and then you would probably already be done.

You can try to do a pointer scan with CheatEngine to find a root allocation, and the path for reaching the values you're interested in (don't ask me how to do it, I'm nub).

If you want to get the full understanding, get a disassembler and look at it in that. I use IDA and HexRays decompiler for some pseudo-C output.
    If you can't make any sense of it, go get a degree in computer science or something

Good luck!

3. Thanks Tkay, bobbydigital12, Parog (3 members gave Thanks to enigma32 for this useful post)
    moxon1982's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay... after reading a bit here in the forums I feared that the information most probably isn't static. That would be pretty bad...

Maybe I'll approach that thing with the IDA thingy you adviced me to use.

moxon1982's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by enigma32 View Post
    Since chrome blocks me with ERR_BLOCKED_BY_XSS_AUDITOR when trying to respond to PM, I'll respond here.

What you've accomplished sounds like nothing, just same search functionality as CheatEngine. It's a start, but relatively it's nothing.
    If you're lucky, the values you are looking for are always written to static addresses, but that's unlikely and then you would probably already be done.

You can try to do a pointer scan with CheatEngine to find a root allocation, and the path for reaching the values you're interested in (don't ask me how to do it, I'm nub).

If you want to get the full understanding, get a disassembler and look at it in that. I use IDA and HexRays decompiler for some pseudo-C output.
    If you can't make any sense of it, go get a degree in computer science or something

Good luck!
    Okay... I followed your advice and checked that cheat engine software. With this software I am able to find the addresses I am looking for. But as you already guessed these are by far not in any way static. Now I am trying to find anything static so I can somehow locate these things. Actually I dont even unterstand how it is possible to find anything non static in memory even if I knew the structure of an object. My next approch will be this disassembler one.

prrovoss's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    23/130
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when you start cheat engine, click on help -> cheat engine tutorial. that could give you some more hints and techniques
    you can also read through the tutorials forum and its subforums:
    Cheat Engine :: View Forum - Cheat Engine Tutorials

after that you should have a good idea about how to find dynamic stuff with cheat engine and you probably could use your findings in your own code.

KillerJohn's Avatar TurboHUD HUDmaster CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    46/3335
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    guys, this is not a reverse engineering thread. go to his own thread please