Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why doesn't Soapbox Rotation have an active Forum?

Their forum kinda sucks for a website that obviously has the ability to handle a good forum.

Why doesn't Soapbox Rotation have an active Forum?
  2. Thanks jackdanielsismyvitamin (1 members gave Thanks to HBFanboy1980 for this useful post)
    ev0's Avatar ★ Elder ★ murlocs.com

CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    313/377
    Trade Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    The forums used to be very active, however since recent events of users being banned; it's safe to say a lot of time investment and money had been wasted for the users. The software itself is amazing, but the users have just become spent on their personal investments towards a safe software.

I remember 30-40 new comments/posts being made a day and it was fun to engage users on his forums. But after $100's spent between accounts for WoW and premium and losing said accounts, I can see why users aren't so quick to contribute unless it's for complaints and refunds.
    Need a guild in the US? Visit murlocs.com

user97's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    4/11
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah no that place is detected left and right

Soapbox's Avatar Legendary Founder of Soapbox Rotations

CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1118/364
    Trade Feedback
    61 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by HBFanboy1980 View Post
    Their forum kinda sucks for a website that obviously has the ability to handle a good forum.
    What would you like to see improved? User feedback has slowed down due to some suspensions over the past few months. We are heavily oriented on providing support for rotations, however there are quite a few factors that are impacting us right now:

1. Inconsistent rotation developers. I brought paid developers in over the past few months, that, while understandable, still not acceptable, have been MIA lately since the latest events. They were all new, so there was no "long game" view for them. What is left is the people that have been here from the start. This has limited us for a bit while we re-develop a few things in regards to support. We are wrapping up most of it now, so we can focus our attention back on the rotations themselves, which by many accounts still function better than most out there, just need a bit of love.

2. I am focusing a lot of my attention on finding solutions for the recent detection, which is now very obvious has been designed specifically for targeting us. The methods in which they are using can catch basically everything on the market, HOWEVER the information they sent back for the past bans has been filtered down to Soapbox Rotations users. Blizzard is trying to make a statement here, obviously.

3. Adding support for private servers. While blizzard is focusing their attention on us, this does not affect the userbase we have that use Soapbox Rotations on private servers(Currently Legion Private servers are only supported). So I am expanding to support every patch Soapbox Rotations has been through over the years, MOP, WOD and Legion. I am also in the process of adding support for Vanilla servers to accommodate the arrival of the new Elysium project.

All in all, my hands are REALLY full right now, mainly working to preserve the service of providing products to you guys that are top notch, and doing my best to keep the support available. I really don't sleep very much, won't until we get over this hill, while difficult, is not impossible. We still have a dedicated and loyal userbase that is helping through this, and we greatly appreciate it. SniffingPickles has been one of those. So to all of you, thank you.

Also, not sure if all of this post was overboard, you may need to log into the forum to see all of the forums/threads :P

6. Thanks xcureanddisease, HBFanboy1980 (2 members gave Thanks to Soapbox for this useful post)
    user97's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    4/11
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Soapbox View Post

3. Adding support for private servers. While blizzard is focusing their attention on us, this does not affect the userbase we have that use Soapbox Rotations on private servers(Currently Legion Private servers are only supported). So I am expanding to support every patch Soapbox Rotations has been through over the years, MOP, WOD and Legion. I am also in the process of adding support for Vanilla servers to accommodate the arrival of the new Elysium project.

Dude if you add support for vanilla you would totally gain profit due to the fact that 100% of bans on that server are player reports. No one would get banned, and vanilla players are notorious for playing long hours in PvE content... no one else on the market even considering it

xcureanddisease's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    74/235
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been using Soapbox for a long time now. I'm sticking with soap until he tells me to move on. Regardless of any possible detection. <3

skeletonboy360's Avatar Active Member
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    4/14
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Soapbox View Post
    Adding support for private servers. While blizzard is focusing their attention on us, this does not affect the userbase we have that use Soapbox Rotations on private servers(Currently Legion Private servers are only supported). So I am expanding to support every patch Soapbox Rotations has been through over the years, MOP, WOD and Legion. I am also in the process of adding support for Vanilla servers to accommodate the arrival of the new Elysium project.

I just want to say that support for private servers would be amazing! I am not a user of SBR but that would be an awesome feature for everyone. Its really an untapped market, no one really dives into the private server scene with public bot programs. Good luck and thanks for the update!

HBFanboy1980's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for responding. I was a past subscriber although I had some password issues with an old email and not under this username. I was never banned or anything from soapbox and I always saw activity in the forums before and the performance was amazing for dps and tank classes IMO.

Maybe since I don't have an active sub I'm not seeing all the activity? Just seemed like a ghost town and I wondered why the forum was empty when I click forum after logging in.