Thanks G/R
    150/230
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tips and tricks that are not so commonly known (yet)

There's already a few hacks and what not posted on here (which I've used a lot thank you!) so I won't go over these, but I will share some pretty useful tips I've found the past couple of days:

1. Niantic who made Pokémon Go, also made a game called Ingress which is basicly the same game with 5 times as many features and no pokemon. But they got a website: https://www.ingress.com/intel where you can see all the PokeStops near you or in your city (Colored "portals" in Ingress). Just make a user and you can find all the spots and make a map of the fastest way to the pokéstops.
    2. A youtube channel TheSilphRoad (also a subreddit) are doing research on how the game works (spawns, rarity, CP etc.). They made this spreadsheet over the chances of finding certain types of pokémon at different types of locations: https://i.gyazo.com/3b7785adb66ddcee...7ac721c1be.png (You can find the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4PDm_TIqvs).
    3. You should save all your star dust and candy for when you reach level 10+. The CP of Pokémons you encounter increase by your level, and wasting some candy and dust on your first pokemon won't do much. Also don't evolve any pokémon yet!
    4. Catch all the pokémons you see. Yes even those 25 ****ing pidgeys, zubats or rattata you see on your daily commute. Catch them and then transfer them to the professor. You do that by pressing the pokémon and scrolling down. You get exp, dust and candy for doing this. Every time you catch 3 zubats you get enough candy to evolve one.You should maximize your candy use, which means transfering almost all your 1st evolution pokémons, then evolve the ones you got left with the candy you got now (evolving gives 1 candy too) and then transfering those too.
    5. Get a LUCKY EGG! These are nuts I tell you! They give so much damn exp and you should definitely use one if you use a lure, incense or are transfering/evolving a lot of pokémon (you can do all these things at once if u want to).
    6. Finding pokémon is actually really simple. It's a game of triangulation (think of archaeology if you've played WoW). The footsteps next to the pokemon in the little bar in the bottom right, shows how far away the pokemon is.

• No footsteps: 0m to 25m (same distance that you can trigger pokestops from)
      • One footstep: 25m to 75m
      • Two footsteps: 75m to 150m
      • Three footsteps: 150m to 225m

7. Pokémon eggs are different depending on how far you have to walk to hatch them. (Source: Pokémon GO - Pokémon Eggs)
      • 2km eggs are starters like Charmander, Squirtle, Caterpie, Bulbasaur, Pidgey, Spearow, Clefairy, Magikarp, Pikachu.
      • 5km eggs are pokemons like Ekans, Sandshrew, Nidoran, Vulpix, Meowth, Abra, Growlithe, Exeggcute, Gastly, Kangaskhan, Mr. Mime etc.
      • 10km distance eggs are rare pokemons like Onix, Hitmonlee/chan, Chansey, Scyther, Electabuzz, Lapras, Eevee, Pinsir, Kabuto, Aerodactyl, Snorlax, Omanyte.

8. BATTERY SAVER MODE!!! This game drains so much ****ing battery (1% per minute in my old Nexus 5) and unless you wanna go with a powerbank, or charge every 1½ hour, then use battery saver mode in the settings. BUT for it to work you have to turn your phone UPSIDE DOWN. The screen goes dark, but it still allows egg hatching and vibrates when a poke is near! Your phone can prevent you for doing anything and the UI can freeze if your lockscreen shows up after a minute or two. So set it to never activate or set a high amount of minutes when you're playing. Else you need to restart the game if it freezes.
    9. How to actually catch the pokémon: Hold in the pokéball and the circle starts centering on the pokémon and becoming smaller. When the ring is at the SMALLEST size, throw the ball! The color indicates how hard the pokémon is to catch (which also indicates how rare it is). If it's orange to red, then it will most like if not totally flee if you miss the throw. So use a RAZZ berry for the fight! This helps you catch them! And you'll need them once you reach higher levels and try to catch 1k+ CP pokemons.
    10. CouchStops/CouchSpawns! If you're one of the lucky people that have pokémons spawn when you're sitting in your appartment, then take advantage of that shit! Or if you can reach a pokestop from your house then take advantage! Use a PokéLure or incense in your appartment and the pokémon should start rolling in!
    Last edited by HunterHero; 07-11-2016 at 09:48 AM.

Tips and tricks that are not so commonly known (yet)
  2. Thanks Smitten, xcureanddisease, Sephiroth, Ket, hackerlol, Kenneth (6 members gave Thanks to HunterHero for this useful post)
    xcureanddisease's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    74/235
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow.. I didn't know the CP level of Pokemon go up as we level. Thought it was RNG. Thanks dude + Rep/thanked

Quick question on the CouchStops/Spawns. I am the lucky person who has all kinds of pokemon at my house. But the LURE has directions to use at a Pokestop. Are you saying to use it at home? And if so, why does it say to use it at a Pokestop?

Thanks

HunterHero's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    150/230
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post
    wow.. I didn't know the CP level of Pokemon go up as we level. Thought it was RNG. Thanks dude + Rep/thanked

Quick question on the CouchStops/Spawns. I am the lucky person who has all kinds of pokemon at my house. But the LURE has directions to use at a Pokestop. Are you saying to use it at home? And if so, why does it say to use it at a Pokestop?

Thanks
    Sorry if I wasn't clear on the lure thing. The lure is used at a Pokestop to lure pokémon to it. Incense is used to draw pokemon close to you even though you're not close to a pokestop.

5. Thanks Ket (1 members gave Thanks to HunterHero for this useful post)
    Ehnoah's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    16/96
    Trade Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you got anything good from a stop? I only get shit there :P

I catch a lot to Level up but I stuck on Level 15. I hope to reach 20 soonish when I have lot of birds

HunterHero's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    150/230
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Ehnoah View Post
    Did you got anything good from a stop? I only get shit there :P

I catch a lot to Level up but I stuck on Level 15. I hope to reach 20 soonish when I have lot of birds
    It depends on your trainer level and it also seems to depend the the significance of the location, even though I've been at some stops that gave so much stuff even though it was a street plaque on a wall. Most stops just give 3 pokeballs but a lot of stops give eggs, incense etc. depending on your trainer level.

8. Thanks Ket (1 members gave Thanks to HunterHero for this useful post)