0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Auction reseller bot

Hi,
    I quote myself from another forum:

I found this (The Ultimate Gold Guide REVISITED. How To Sell Your Drops For Insane Prices).

And it is somehow what I was thinking when I posted this. For example you focus on an item and see how many of them are sold. There are several ones sold at: 75g, 100g, 125g. To earn money you can buy 75g and 100g and sell it for 125g for 50g and 25g of profit.

It would be even more efficient if the bot first "learned" (saving the values in a text file) for several hours/days. Maybe running the bot an entire week to make sure of the consistency of the prices, then start to buy/sell. Maybe using all of this info to calculate the average price of every item and then buying all of them that are below the average price and resell them for +25% of the average price for profit.

It seems that there are another method involving garrisons though I dont know since I dont know garrisons. Last time I played wow was on BC and I returned recently... Anyway, the method consists in the same idea. It seems that every day a vendor with random prices visits your garrison. Then the idea is waiting for buying cheap and selling expensive.

I want to know a devs opinion about these methods.
    I would like to know if exists a thing like this and if not, if it would be a good idea. I see two problems. The first is that, yeah, you can do this but how can you be sure that the item the bot is buying/selling is an item that will be sold? An item that people wants? I am thinking right now that to solve it could be limited just to items that are enough abundant. For example, there are 5 or 10 items of the same type, then do it. There are a single item of one thing... Bot shouldnt touch it. And also limit it to popular demanded items.

The other problem is that if too many people do this too much there will be a lot of inflation... And this could be a problem for the one who is using the bot, since people in the end just wont have money to buy, and because if the prices raise too much GMs will notice.

Auction reseller bot